Vault #13 (pre-announcement discussion)

JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #13 (pre-announcement discussion)

Post by JWhiteIII »

subpopfan1 wrote:Vault #13 is the kind of package I've been dreaming about doing for the past three years. I don't think anyone could be disappointed with it.
How are the packages formed? Are you the head honcho or is there a committee who gathers the material and votes on what goes in an what doesn't?
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Be careful Ben brought us Duane and ICP remember. Jk.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

subpopfan1 wrote:Vault #13 is the kind of package I've been dreaming about doing for the past three years. I don't think anyone could be disappointed with it.
So maybe its a 'complete jack pack' with all the trimmings that includes some white stripes and racs and dead weather combined with solo stuff ... of course any live recording of the concert would offer that ... but more likely its the second Jack White Solo album and a DVD

here is my subliminal message:
flexi
flexi
flexi
flexi

somehow i get the feeling that its a colored vinyl with a customized cover... if its an unreleased album or a one off poster then i might have to let loose and celebrate ... whatever it is i can only imagine that vault numbers are going to skyrocket
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I may be completely wrong but I can't envisage Ben dreaming of a jack white vault pack somehow. I think (and hope) it will be a bit more imaginative and out of left field. Bricks LP would be fantastic.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

flattop2001 wrote:I may be completely wrong but I can't envisage Ben dreaming of a jack white vault pack somehow. I think (and hope) it will be a bit more imaginative and out of left field. Bricks LP would be fantastic.
First and foremost I always thought of Ben as a White Stripes fanatic ?
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I would agree Chris but other than a demo LP I can't think of a stripes project that hasn't been covered? Maybe the first show bootleg from UGWNL? Just meant I don't think it will be a jack solo pack. 13 was Meg's number wasnt it so maybe.....
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

flattop2001 wrote:I would agree Chris but other than a demo LP I can't think of a stripes project that hasn't been covered? Maybe the first show bootleg from UGWNL? Just meant I don't think it will be a jack solo pack. 13 was Meg's number wasnt it so maybe.....
I have a feeling Elephant is due to be re-issued in the near future. Perhaps some thing related to that.
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Post by carlbelvin »

Kaber wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:I would agree Chris but other than a demo LP I can't think of a stripes project that hasn't been covered? Maybe the first show bootleg from UGWNL? Just meant I don't think it will be a jack solo pack. 13 was Meg's number wasnt it so maybe.....
I have a feeling Elephant is due to be re-issued in the near future. Perhaps some thing related to that.

Elephant would be cool, but I think I would prefer GBMS.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

carlbelvin wrote:
Kaber wrote:

+1

As if TMR hasn't teased us enough with their tweet on Friday, now this...lol
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Post by carlbelvin »

arewhyehen wrote:
carlbelvin wrote:
Kaber wrote:

+1

As if TMR hasn't teased us enough with their tweet on Friday, now this...lol
Yeah my mind is racing with crazy ideas on what it could be.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

DW was 3 years ago... I'd be happy with some unreleased tracks. But like all of you have suggested already; if Ben has been wanting to do it for three years, then the material is from before that which puts it with either WS or Racs. Whatever the release is, it's most likely going to kick some ass. 8-)
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

I really hope the announcement is Monday sometime. This will drive me crazy!
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:DW was 3 years ago... I'd be happy with some unreleased tracks. But like all of you have suggested already; if Ben has been wanting to do it for three years, then the material is from before that which puts it with either WS or Racs. Whatever the release is, it's most likely going to kick some ass. 8-)
I would love Raconteurs material. After seeing them at MI Fest last September, I've been dying to hear some stuff from them again.

I really hope we get an announcement tomorrow.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

arewhyehen wrote:
jamesmonzon1 wrote:DW was 3 years ago... I'd be happy with some unreleased tracks. But like all of you have suggested already; if Ben has been wanting to do it for three years, then the material is from before that which puts it with either WS or Racs. Whatever the release is, it's most likely going to kick some ass. 8-)
I would love Raconteurs material. After seeing them at MI Fest last September, I've been dying to hear some stuff from them again.

I really hope we get an announcement tomorrow.
We're getting new racs in #12.
My vote for GBMS...
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

I'm guessing it's something to do with The White Stripes? GBMS would make me very happy. We shall see...
Last edited by Pakedge on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."