What kind of Vault LPs do you prefer?

What kind of Vault LPs do you prefer?

Alternative versions of existing stuff (like WS IT mono)
16%
Demos & rarities (like Boscobel Blues)
39%
Complete live shows (like live in London & live in Mississipi)
27%
Alternative live/radio sessions (like Bshows)
5%
Live @ TMR (like the 4 we already get)
6%
TMR compilations
1%
Other
6%

Total votes: 82

dunedin
Little Ghost

Re: What kind of Vault LPs do you prefer?

Post by dunedin »

leo wrote:Question does my raconteurs live at TMR loose value if I open it and are the DVD and 7" in the 12" packaging?
The 7" and misc extra are inside the LP sleeve (unless it's a t-shirt).
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

I like pretty much anything they send me (except that last remix 7", coulda done without that). I'll agree that the live at TMR stuff seems like a cop out, but with a lot of them being released as regular live 12"s, they will eventually run out of live at TMR stuff from the vault. Personally I like all the live stuff, be it live at TMR, or other live shows like London or Mississipi, I just like listening to live music. I also like the idea of IT mono and Boscobel and the B Shows. I like the compilations too, and I'm kinda sad that this will be the last one, I think they're a great way to get people interested in music they wouldn't normally listen to or purchase. Were it not for the Volume 2 comp I probably never would have heard Pujol, Secret Sisters, Dan Sartain, or Laura Marling...

I think the alternates, demos, rarities, and WS/DW/Racs live catalog are what the vault LPs should be all about, but again, I'll take whatever they send me... Now if only they would actually send it before I fork over for the next one...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

I've loved every single release. Though I am a bit weary of the live series. I'd love some cool audiophile additions. Maybe a nice 180/200 gram release of an album cut at 45 rpm for a more hi-fi experience. Throw in a couple extra tracks ... make it really unique. I also dig the rare/unreleased tracks. All in all, it'd be cool to get some more studio releases. A live will only sound so good. I'm super excited for the Racs 7" in this mix.

Honestly, I'd love for them to do some really wacky Vault shit. Have Jack cut a double 10" release of just him, a la Farm Fly. Or a split of two Third Man artists covering each other. Some really outlandish stuff that might actually appeal to a smaller segment of listeners - maybe making it a more special release. I think that's totally in the Third Man spirit.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

td3 wrote:Honestly, I'd love for them to do some really wacky Vault shit. Have Jack cut a double 10" release of just him, a la Farm Fly. Or a split of two Third Man artists covering each other. Some really outlandish stuff that might actually appeal to a smaller segment of listeners - maybe making it a more special release. I think that's totally in the Third Man spirit.
I really like your idea of a TMR artist covering another TMR artist. I think it'd be really interesting. Do a split Blue Series of one covering their favorite of the other ones songs.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

I like the blue series splits idea
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

Glad you guys like my ideas. I guess I'll go ahead and do this.

You know I'm Jack, right?
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

td3 wrote:Glad you guys like my ideas. I guess I'll go ahead and do this.

You know I'm Jack, right?
You don't know Jack. 8-)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

i prefer the ones i dont have to get replacements for :lol:

i think the next vault pack should have a 10" ball and biscuit or something we have never heard before. im looking forward to the karen cause it was an awesome show and it looks bad ass, but if we are gonna get live releases on the vault i want old shit. live @TMR need to be regular releases .give us an acoustic jack show or the shows from these dvds on LP ( i have not watched any of the vault dvds except DW). i like the idea of having both lp and dvd of a show maybe make posters to go with them. dig deep let us have the rarest of the rare . like all good things this will end one day and i dont know about you but i want to hear some bad ass tunes before the whole shithouse goes up in flames
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

I wish the vault would give us something really look like a liquid filled record! I mean we pay $240 a year for special things and damnit we deserve it!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

knoxvle wrote:I wish the vault would give us something really look like a liquid filled record! I mean we pay $240 a year for special things and damnit we deserve it!
Should have saved that money for salt shakers...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

knoxvle wrote:I wish the vault would give us something really look like a liquid filled record! I mean we pay $240 a year for special things and damnit we deserve it!
In my opinion, the Vault is more about the music (I agree with most of what patchwork just said).

And I don't think they could "press" thousands of Liquid Filled records or TDs. That would take too much time. + these records are hype because they are limited (even if they are fun).

And finally, for 240$ a year we have 4 LPs, 4 7"s, 4 other things (last year, 4 DVDs) and an online acces to the vault... I don't think we deserve anything else.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

td3 wrote:I
Honestly, I'd love for them to do some really wacky Vault shit. Have Jack cut a double 10" release of just him, a la Farm Fly. Or a split of two Third Man artists covering each other. Some really outlandish stuff that might actually appeal to a smaller segment of listeners - maybe making it a more special release. I think that's totally in the Third Man spirit.
One of the wackiest things they could do would be a Jack White/White Stripes/DW Dance Remix LP with remixes of tracks by Moby, Daft Punk, Justice, Chemical Bros, Deadmau5, Avicii, etc. Wonder how *that* release would go down among the community...heh.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

I just like when they give us something that we know nothing about.
Like Icky Thump mono, B shows, Boscobel Blues, Live in Missisipi, Dead Leaves b/w Let's Build A Home, the new Racs 7", 2 Star Tabernacle 7", and so on and so forth.
I've only been in the vault since #10, but I don't think there's any package I wouldn't sign up for, even if they weren't worth hundreds on eBay.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

TheHen0 wrote:I just like when they give us something that we know nothing about.
Like Icky Thump mono, B shows, Boscobel Blues, Live in Missisipi, Dead Leaves b/w Let's Build A Home, the new Racs 7", 2 Star Tabernacle 7", and so on and so forth.
I've only been in the vault since #10, but I don't think there's any package I wouldn't sign up for, even if they weren't worth hundreds on eBay.
Um B-Shows and Live in Mississippi weren't things no one knew about....people went to those shows, so it wasn't far fetched that there was recordings.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Stl_ben wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:I just like when they give us something that we know nothing about.
Um B-Shows and Live in Mississippi weren't things no one knew about....people went to those shows, so it wasn't far fetched that there was recordings.
True.
That was more just another one that I like/wish I had.
All the other ones were surprises.