Vault Package #12 (preannouncement discussion)

grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: Vault Package #12

Post by grumblestiltskin »

HappyDad wrote:From the vault:
We will also announce the contents of the next package early next week (which we are VERY excited about).

Love and squalor,
Ben Swank
Early next week? That'll be Friday then...
Patient B1003
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

grumblestiltskin wrote: Early next week? That'll be Friday then...
No earlier than that...Like April 15th.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: Vault Package #12 (pre-announcement discussion)

Post by grumblestiltskin »

MODLIFE KEEPS TWEETING ABOUT ANGELS AND AIRWAVES. AAAARGH.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

What the hell is Angels and Airwaves? Does anyone even listen to them?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:What the hell is Angels and Airwaves? Does anyone even listen to them?
I have been to 2 of their concerts...but one was for the opening band and the other was for band headling...but both times the other band was Say Anything!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Who's Say Anything?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:Who's Say Anything?
Pretty much my favorite band...Saw them again Sunday night it was pretty much awesome.
http://www.sayanythingmusic.com/
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

i saw a weezer show a few years ago (which was my first mistake) and angels and airwaves opened for them.
it was so awful. tom delonge, from Blink 182, fronts Angels and Airwaves, and nope...his voice still sucks.
tom has a soft spot for 'heart on sleeve' emo music and cites great bands as his influences like rites of spring...but adds his own cutesy mall-rock ingredients that make it the most self-absorbed, meaningless pap i've ever heard.
no lie, he was playing this very 30 seconds to mars-esque melodic riff for like 4 minutes while he talked about how he was trying to fingerbang this girl he liked in high school. for a split second, i thought that i had perhaps had a heart attack, died, and gone straight to hell.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

p.s. (i love weezer. just not 2008 weezer.)
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Ew (to the post above the one above).
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Announcements,anouncements,ANNOUNCEMENTSSSSSSSS! SPEAK BEN!!
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Jettkoral wrote:Announcements,anouncements,ANNOUNCEMENTSSSSSSSS! SPEAK BEN!!
??????????????????????????????????? what...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jettkoral wrote:Announcements,anouncements,ANNOUNCEMENTSSSSSSSS! SPEAK BEN!!
WOOF!!

Love and squalor,
Swank
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

Hamptonio wrote:i saw a weezer show a few years ago (which was my first mistake) and angels and airwaves opened for them.
it was so awful. tom delonge, from Blink 182, fronts Angels and Airwaves, and nope...his voice still sucks.
tom has a soft spot for 'heart on sleeve' emo music and cites great bands as his influences like rites of spring...but adds his own cutesy mall-rock ingredients that make it the most self-absorbed, meaningless pap i've ever heard.
no lie, he was playing this very 30 seconds to mars-esque melodic riff for like 4 minutes while he talked about how he was trying to fingerbang this girl he liked in high school. for a split second, i thought that i had perhaps had a heart attack, died, and gone straight to hell.
I went to this tour as well. My final weezer show and yes Angels and Airwaves were just awful. I'm with you, I love weezer, just not 2008 weezer.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Kali Durga wrote:
Love and squalor,
Swank
Where was this?