Vault #11

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #11

Post by trickster »

2012 starts off with our third and FINAL singles compilation. 2011 was a massive year for us and it takes THREE LP’s to fit all of our singles inside! We regrettably had to omit our Green Series singles from ’11 because a 4 LP set was something we weren’t ready to tackle just yet.
We’ve loved the idea of these singles comps but are putting these baby’s to rest, maybe one day they’ll come out in some other form, but vault members will be the only ones with the vinyl albums!

To spice it up, we’re offering these three LP’s on Third Man’s standard three colors of vinyl…black, yellow and white. On top of that, we’re also including a full fold-out poster depicting the covers of all the singles to compliment the same poster we’ve included the two previous years. They all fit together so prepare to dedicate some wall space. The matching of these three pieces will rival the magnificence of the Ghent Altarpiece and will hopefully be stolen less frequently.

The 7” this quarter is a nice nugget dug up from the depths of our literal vault. Recorded during the tracking for their self-titled album in 1999, the White Stripes “Dead Leaves” and “Let’s Build a Home” are versions markedly different from the ones that would eventually be recorded and released on White Blood Cells and De Stijl. This piece is truly for the fans and getting songs like these into their hands was the explicit reason the Vault was created.

Our wild card item this quarter is solar-reactive, color-changing Third Man Records logo t-shirt. “What’s all this science you speak of?” says you, the intrigued customer? Let’s break it down to brass tacks: when you wear this shirt in the sunlight or underneath the lamps in your grow house, the color of the print switches from yellow to white, again reinforcing the THREE colors idea just as we did with the triple LP set above. Finally…a reason for record collectors to venture outdoors!

Subscribe now as the cut-off date of January 31st is fast-approaching!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Re: Vault 11

Post by Hamptonio »

wicked.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I was pretty down on the singles collections, but learned to love them. Cant wait to hear the demos, like the man said this is what we all thought the vault was about.

Oh yes, I thought colored vinyl was not deemed to be acceptable for singles collections :lol:
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

im liking this one . it sucks they are not going to do the single anymore though.
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
patchwork
Little Acorn

Post by patchwork »

flattop2001 wrote:I was pretty down on the singles collections, but learned to love them. Cant wait to hear the demos, like the man said this is what we all thought the vault was about.

Oh yes, I thought colored vinyl was not deemed to be acceptable for singles collections :lol:

maybe they no longer deem us acceptable enough for quality :D
the bus came by and i got on, that's where it all began
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

But I loved the singles comps...I guess it was getting a bit too generous though.

At least now I will actually buy 45s more often (probably why the singles comp was discontinued).

Maybe we'll get 'em on CD in future? That'd be a nice way of digitising my vinyl, and wouldn't be too impractical for TMR.
Patient B1003
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

This is an awesome package. Triple vinyl? Damn. I'm also extremely glad they're doing away with the singles comp....it's a waste of vault lp. I'm really excited for some white stripes demos!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Yeah I was already thinking that this year's compilation would be triple LP or CD.\I guess that the next comp. could be a cd with Vault package #15
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

im in
i cant wait to hear those ICP singles on the comp.
and im soo wearing that tshirt to work everyday
JohnC
Little Ghost

Post by JohnC »

Interesting .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hxcoliver wrote:This is an awesome package. Triple vinyl? Damn. I'm also extremely glad they're doing away with the singles comp....it's a waste of vault lp. I'm really excited for some white stripes demos!
ya i know. i was never a big fan of the comps either. the shirt and 7" sold me on this...plus i think the three coloured LPs are pretty neat.

trickster wrote:Yeah I was already thinking that this year's compilation would be triple LP or CD.\I guess that the next comp. could be a cd with Vault package #15
if they start switching to cds i think the subscriptions will go down unless they have another LP and a good 7"
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

cool.
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Why on earth would they switch to cd?

I'm happy with this package. Not jump-up-and-down happy 'cause the singles comp just doesn't excite me in general, but I like the way they're blowing it out. I'm always tickled for new Stripes versions I haven't heard before. And the t-shirt looks pretty cool, I'll definitely wear it when I "venture outdoors". Though I don't have a "grow house", so I guess that means it'll only be one color when I'm indoors.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

arewhyehen wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:This is an awesome package. Triple vinyl? Damn. I'm also extremely glad they're doing away with the singles comp....it's a waste of vault lp. I'm really excited for some white stripes demos!
ya i know. i was never a big fan of the comps either. the shirt and 7" sold me on this...plus i think the three coloured LPs are pretty neat.
to be honest i hate the singles comps. i never listen to mine at all, but this one looks cool cause of the colored vinyl and all, and it being triple. but i will without a doubt get this package. the shirt and 7" are must haves for me. i am very pleased with this package
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

The comps. are great for spinning at party's, if i had party's.......
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)