Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

Post by grumblestiltskin »

td3 wrote:Anyone else thinking they might do the singles compilation like the Jerry King 7"? That'd be one way to get it all on there. Though I'd worry that trying to fit that much info on the albums would compromise sound quality. Knowing the Third Man folks, they probably have something that nobody has ever possibly thought of. They seem to keep coming up with some whacked out ideas to stretch the limits of what an album can do. Maybe it's a super extra thick album that you have to slice into like a loaf of bread to hear the other sides, turning a double album into a 4 record set ... and when you cut into it, it releases the smell of freshly baked bread. And the whole thing is tri-colored to look like a marbled rye. And ...aww hell, I give up. Trying to predict those people is useless. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make me happy.
Mmm, bread record...
Patient B1003
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

grumblestiltskin wrote:Mmm, bread record...
"Bread makes you fat?!"
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

td3 wrote:And ...aww hell, I give up. Trying to predict those people is useless. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make me happy.
You just said a mouthful.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

id love a ball and biscuit 10'
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

is that a schnitzer's marbled rye?
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Wait, isn't marbled rye bi-colored?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

I received the following email from vault@thirdmanrecords.com today:

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Third Man’s Vault customer service. We will be out of the office for the winter holiday until Tuesday, January 3rd. If you are wondering about your Raconteurs Vault package (#10), all packages will ship immediately following the break.

It's a Christmas miracle!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ah, thank you for the news!
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Kali Durga wrote:Ah, thank you for the news!
I just realized that this should go in the vault 10 discussion.
Whatever.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

how about a raconteurs dvd, that would be awesome,, although you have to think if they had a rac dvd up their sleeves it would have been packaged with the vault 10 - live racs
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

achouza wrote:how about a raconteurs dvd, that would be awesome,, although you have to think if they had a rac dvd up their sleeves it would have been packaged with the vault 10 - live racs
Hm. Not necessarily. Video editing can take more time than song mixing. I remember seeing folks filming shows both at TMR and the Ryman. I feel like they'll do something with it...maybe...one day...
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Well...it's 2012...and we should know what'll be in our vault elevens soon :) Happy new year swirlees.
Patient B1003
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:Well...it's 2012...and we should know what'll be in our vault elevens soon :) Happy new year swirlees.
We found out about 10 on the 7th of october, so we'll probably find out within the next week or so.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Where's HappyDad with his analysis of the dates of all of the Vault package announcements? Shall we start a pool for this one?
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Kali Durga wrote:Where's HappyDad with his analysis of the dates of all of the Vault package announcements? Shall we start a pool for this one?
I'll put in a dollar