Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

Post by arewhyehen »

TheHen0 wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Where's HappyDad with his analysis of the dates of all of the Vault package announcements? Shall we start a pool for this one?
I'll put in a dollar
I'll put my money on the third. That's when they are all back to work and most things have been released on a Tuesday lately. They have been pretty organized lately with the site and usually put things up pretty quick as they happen so that's my guess.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm gonna bet it'll be closer to the end of the week. If they've been out between Christmas and New Years and are going to begin shipping Vault 10 on Tuesday, it'll take 'em a couple of days to catch up and do website/Vault posts.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I'm gonna bet it'll be closer to the end of the week. If they've been out between Christmas and New Years and are going to begin shipping Vault 10 on Tuesday, it'll take 'em a couple of days to catch up and do website/Vault posts.
I've got a feeling that they already know what the vault will be though and the person doing the website will more than likely not be the same one who ships out vaults lol
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I still think it'll take a few days.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I'm gonna bet it'll be closer to the end of the week. If they've been out between Christmas and New Years and are going to begin shipping Vault 10 on Tuesday, it'll take 'em a couple of days to catch up and do website/Vault posts.
I've got a feeling that they already know what the vault will be though and the person doing the website will more than likely not be the same one who ships out vaults lol
of course they already know as do we ie a 2011 singles comp but TMR likes to keep us dangling
Never trust a hippy
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Exactly ;)
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Kali Durga wrote:Where's HappyDad with his analysis of the dates of all of the Vault package announcements? Shall we start a pool for this one?
Well we have to dig the previous analysis from vault pack #10 thread and add last release date but I'm on my iphone now ... Would be interresting to see when they announced the last two tmr comp packs...
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Here you go...

HappyDad wrote:
Pack #1: announced the 6th (Monday)
Pack #2: announced the 30th .... of the month before!
Pack #3: announced the 1st (Monday)
Pack #4: announced the 6th (Tuesday)
Pack #5: announced the 1st (Thursday)
Pack #6: announced the 2nd (Saturday)
Pack #7: announced the 3rd (Monday)
Pack #8: announced the 8th (Friday)
Pack #9: announced the 6th (Wednesday)

So they made announcements every days Sunday excepted ...
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

So if I'm not mistaken, every tmr comp pack was announced the first Monday of January. We should have an announcement tomorrow or will TMR BREAK THE RULE?

Edit: hum, not sure that the 1st was a Monday in 2010... Well, useless post :mrgreen:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

HappyDad wrote:So if I'm not mistaken, every tmr comp pack was announced the first Monday of January. We should have an announcement tomorrow or will TMR BREAK THE RULE?

Edit: hum, not sure that the 1st was a Monday in 2010... Well, useless post :mrgreen:
This would confirm my theory of the event posted on the events calendar for a short period of time being the vault Anouncement. It was shown to be the 2nd but I figured since their first day back is the 3rd we might find out then.
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

TheHen0 wrote:It's that time again!
What would you like to see from the vault this quarter?
(Besides the obvious 2011 singles comp)
I want a Raconteurs tri color
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

notwdrums18 wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:It's that time again!
What would you like to see from the vault this quarter?
(Besides the obvious 2011 singles comp)
I want a Raconteurs tri color
I would too but not from the vault. I'd rather there be 150, not 3000. Look at the WS Tri from the vault and what it did to the two that were just released.
When the Racs Tri does come out though, a black white and copper would be a nice touch
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I still don't subscribe to the thousands number in regards to the Vault. I think 3000 is way, way off.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I still don't subscribe to the thousands number in regards to the Vault. I think 3000 is way, way off.
How many members do you think there are then? There are over 1300 members on this board and would imagine most of them have a membership or 2 or 3...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I still don't subscribe to the thousands number in regards to the Vault. I think 3000 is way, way off.
Ya I over exaggerated a little to get my point across. The Tri from the vault is everywhere and not worth a lot and that may have something to do with the lower value of the two WS tris. Who knows, but that was the first WS Tri and I'd like the first Racs Tri to be limited and not vault.