Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #11 (pre-announcement discussion)

Post by elduderino »

TheHen0 wrote:
Elwood wrote:I still would love to see some more 3" records for the inchophone... What about Icky Thump or S/T era 3" singles?

I know it won't happen, though... :(
What about those of us without inshophones?
maybe the first 100 subscribers would get a special third man inchophone, with 3 inches of the new TWS reissues, and the best singles third man has put out in its three years.
it's not like anyone plays their records anyway.
he is everything i hate...
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

I was curious how they're going to fit all of the singles this year as well. Guess we'll find out. I'd like to have a 45 of new Racs or DW. Maybe a DVD of what they were filming from RSD this year.
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:Eh.
That hurts.. Lol
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

elduderino wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
Elwood wrote:I still would love to see some more 3" records for the inchophone... What about Icky Thump or S/T era 3" singles?

maybe the first 100 subscribers would get a special third man inchophone, with 3 inches of the new TWS reissues, and the best singles third man has put out in its three years.
their inchophone records, or the originals?
(there should also be some Third man inchophone only records not available as 7 ichers.)
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

TheHen0 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:

(there should also be some Third man inchophone only records not available as 7 ichers.)
I guess he's referring to the 3" records. Someone on this board described it quite perfectly with "the inchophone offers the low fidelity only a true fan could appreciate" or something like that.

It is a nice gimmick and one truly awesome piece of merchandise, but if you really want to listen to records, spin your 7" or 12" ones instead.
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Elwood wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:

I guess he's referring to the 3" records. Someone on this board described it quite perfectly with "the inchophone offers the low fidelity only a true fan could appreciate" or something like that.

It is a nice gimmick and one truly awesome piece of merchandise, but if you really want to listen to records, spin your 7" or 12" ones instead.
true, but not in the case of top special.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

How about Feist live at TMR? They could release two songs from the show as the extra 7". We will hear that show eventually, I believe.
Hyperbole used for effect!
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

You know I would really love a SACD release of something.

I know its a long stretch since its more of a digital thing and needs computers but they could release a hybrid SACD so anyone with a CD player could play it, and then provide maybe hi-fi mastering of the album. I don't think it needs some 5.1 mix, or maybe it does, a audio only of Blackpool Lights might work well.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

melikecheese wrote:You know I would really love a SACD release of something.

I know its a long stretch since its more of a digital thing and needs computers but they could release a hybrid SACD so anyone with a CD player could play it, and then provide maybe hi-fi mastering of the album. I don't think it needs some 5.1 mix, or maybe it does, a audio only of Blackpool Lights might work well.
the heck is a SACD?
he is everything i hate...
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

elduderino wrote:
melikecheese wrote:You know I would really love a SACD release of something.

the heck is a SACD?
Super Audio CD (SACD) is a high-resolution, read-only optical disc for audio storage.DUMBEST ASS. :D
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

TheHen0 wrote:
Elwood wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:

I have Top Special on a 12" record.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
fourthhorseman73
Little Bird

Post by fourthhorseman73 »

How about something from just Jack. I have no doubt there are some great covers of his favorite blues players kicking around...
If you go lookin’ for hot water Don't act shocked when you get burned a little bit
If you really want some hot water I can help you find it...
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

mvickers03 wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
Elwood wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:
elduderino wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:

how?

I have Top Special on a 12" record.
cconrad1
Little Bird

Post by cconrad1 »

i bet the next releases are going to be some WS stuff from Elephant or GBMS.
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

Anyone else thinking they might do the singles compilation like the Jerry King 7"? That'd be one way to get it all on there. Though I'd worry that trying to fit that much info on the albums would compromise sound quality. Knowing the Third Man folks, they probably have something that nobody has ever possibly thought of. They seem to keep coming up with some whacked out ideas to stretch the limits of what an album can do. Maybe it's a super extra thick album that you have to slice into like a loaf of bread to hear the other sides, turning a double album into a 4 record set ... and when you cut into it, it releases the smell of freshly baked bread. And the whole thing is tri-colored to look like a marbled rye. And ...aww hell, I give up. Trying to predict those people is useless. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make me happy.