Vault #9 - First Shipment Bets

trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Vault #9 - First Shipment Bets

Post by trickster »

rsimms3 wrote: I've had record covers with scrapes on them beneath the shrink telling me URP doesn't always treat the Vault packages with the utmost care.
+1
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I didn't see anything wrong with the outside covers of this package, but the last Singles Comp was bad and I swapped it at the store...but even that one had some surface wear to the outside that could be seen.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

trickster wrote:
rsimms3 wrote: I've had record covers with scrapes on them beneath the shrink telling me URP doesn't always treat the Vault packages with the utmost care.
+1
They're probably rushed as hell trying to get through them all. Didn't someone say they produce more Vault packages these days than anything else? Can't remember now where I read that...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
trickster wrote:
+1
They're probably rushed as hell trying to get through them all. Didn't someone say they produce more Vault packages these days than anything else? Can't remember now where I read that...
Yeah, someone here mentioned that from a tour they did of URP. Still, customer service..... I'm thinking the same thing that happened with this package will happen with the next because the standard weight records are bad about breaking the seams on the inner sleeve and the next one is the Racs black and blue. They should do what the Foo Fighters did with their covers album - put the album itself in a heavy plain white sleeve and then include the color sleeve empty.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But then they can't hide the 7" and dvd inside so that new Vault members freak out thinking they haven't received those items.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:But then they can't hide the 7" and dvd inside so that new Vault members freak out thinking they haven't received those items.
Why not? Just pack it right and it shouldn't be an issue. Like this - color sleeve, LP, 7"/DVD. That puts the LP between the empty color sleeve and the other two items so they don't bang around against the sleeve and damage it. Easy cheesy.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's no fun. We get such a kick out of newbs over at the LR panicking because they haven't received the stuff packed inside.
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

well glad to report that there was no issue as LBDamned experienced.

I sent them photos and simply asked for a replacement sleeve and here was their reply

No problem! We are glad to send replacements for damaged records. Your inner sleeve replacement will ship this upcoming Monday and should arrive within 2 weeks.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

chris_moore9 wrote:Just recieved my package in Uk and inner sleeve is split on all 3 sides, really annoying as international members pay extra $10 which was to cover cost of shipping and they can't put extra card in like they do with other orders.
Mine arrived today in uk - inner Seam split, outer Seam split , folded corner in DVD inner sleeve.
No extra cardboard inside unlike Hank lp which had 2 pieces and Jets lp which had 1 piece.

Vinyl looks damned fine though and the sleeve on the 7 is particularly nice.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

olumbcrazy wrote:well glad to report that there was no issue as LBDamned experienced.

I sent them photos and simply asked for a replacement sleeve and here was their reply

No problem! We are glad to send replacements for damaged records. Your inner sleeve replacement will ship this upcoming Monday and should arrive within 2 weeks.
Same here. No problems at all with getting replacements.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Still haven't gotten my 2, any Canadians still waiting?
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

olumbcrazy wrote:well glad to report that there was no issue as LBDamned experienced.

Same here. They were very kind, helpful, and prompt.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Still Nothing...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

tanzaib wrote:Still Nothing...
Mine turned up on Monday
Never trust a hippy
Beyond Reason
Little Cream Soda

Post by Beyond Reason »

Mine finally arrived today. Dissapointed with the packaging though, it does seem to be a common problem from reading this thread though. Inner lining of the B&B 12" are split on all 3 sides as well as the bottom of the 7" sleeve. :( I've had a couple other package with a couple split seams but this is definitely the worst.

As far as the contents though. . .loving it. The 2 star 7" is such a treat and not to mention I'm loving the DVD. Not my favorite vault package but still not disappointed with the content.