Vault #9 - First Shipment Bets

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #9 - First Shipment Bets

Post by rsimms3 »

I Ate The Walrus wrote:The packaging definately isn't the same this time...with that said mine made it to Sydney in perfect condition.

Depends on your mail man/woman I guess.

Also, does anyone think the Wanda Live Lp is a bit light? I don't think it has the same weight as other tmr vault vinyls.
All split color records from TMR have been standard weight, including the Black and Blues, with the exception of the Horehound split which is 180g. All solid black records from TMR are 180g with a few exceptions like Seasick Steve.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
ScienceKiller
Little Bird

Post by ScienceKiller »

rival wrote:Am I the only one still waiting on this package?
I'm in Toronto and still waiting as well.

Although I'm currently in Winnipeg for work, so I'm hoping to arrive Friday and have 5-6 postal slips.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

ScienceKiller wrote:
rival wrote:Am I the only one still waiting on this package?
I'm in Toronto and still waiting as well.

Although I'm currently in Winnipeg for work, so I'm hoping to arrive Friday and have 5-6 postal slips.
Where do you live, i'll go see if it's there... :twisted:
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Got mine in London Ont. area yesterday. First time in 9 Vaults I got both of mine together
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Still nothing in london england...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

I know of someone who's received theirs in Brighton, England, but nothing here in Berkshire, England.
colditz
Little Acorn

Post by colditz »

Mine arrived today - Nottingham, England.
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

chanticleer wrote:I know of someone who's received theirs in Brighton, England, but nothing here in Berkshire, England.
I live in Brighton and got mine today..has a shocking seem split about 8cm long on the inner sleeve and oddly, the top left corner was folded over! It must have been like before it went in the sleeve..wierd! Defo going to ask for a replacement inner sleeve

Also found that the vinyl is marked..looks like a few scuffs and what look finger marks :o
Last edited by olumbcrazy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

trickster wrote: And I suppose my Wanda will arrive all minty. Just like Boscobel. The 2 that I didnt even care for at all.
OK l fell like bitching. Allow me to proceed with that.
I collected my #9 from post office this morning.
Mailer was pristine. Never seen such sharp corners, it was like I picked it up from TMR counter.
Of course it had to be like this but #1 #4 #5 and #8 had all have to be with awful corner damage and even the replacements didn't arrive in good condition.
But Wanda has he sharpest corners you ll ever see. ARGH!

That said, the #9 was floating in the mailer with no extra cardboard and that caused a big seam split on the top which I assume is also in the inner sleeve.
I ll open it on Tuesday but I dont have the courage to request replacement sleeves.
I just finished doing this for #8.

[/venting]
OK sorry about that, I just wanted to share my experience
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
chris_moore9
Little Cream Soda

Post by chris_moore9 »

Just recieved my package in Uk and inner sleeve is split on all 3 sides, really annoying as international members pay extra $10 which was to cover cost of shipping and they can't put extra card in like they do with other orders.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Does TMR pack the Vault stuff for shipment, or does URP? I thought I heard at one time that URP delivers them to TMR ready for shipping, but that could be erroneous...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Does TMR pack the Vault stuff for shipment, or does URP? I thought I heard at one time that URP delivers them to TMR ready for shipping, but that could be erroneous...
From my understanding URP packs the records and seals them with the shrink, then TMR puts them in the shipping boxes adding postage. I've had record covers with scrapes on them beneath the shrink telling me URP doesn't always treat the Vault packages with the utmost care.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I just sat and watched your new avatar for over a minute. It's mesmerizing.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Landed in the UK. Nice sharp corners, but seam splits on two sides on the inner like everyone else.
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

chris_moore9 wrote:Just recieved my package in Uk and inner sleeve is split on all 3 sides, really annoying as international members pay extra $10 which was to cover cost of shipping and they can't put extra card in like they do with other orders.
good point mate..had forgot about that.