Vault #10

olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #10

Post by olumbcrazy »

Just recd mine..inner sleeve has 2" splits on every edge plus the dvd has ripped the 7" cover. LP cover has a smallish split too which on its own wouldnt bother me however as I gonna ask for replacements I may as well get the set. 7" is scratched too on the Beck remix side

oh yeah I got the sticker too
Last edited by olumbcrazy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Still Waiting...
:( :( :(
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

tanzaib wrote:Still Waiting...
Mine arrived on Saturday Shahid so yours should drop soon
Never trust a hippy
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

dmdv1 wrote:
Mine arrived on Saturday too. Everything was mint, no seem splits, even on the inner sleeve. I've yet to play the
LP yet though.

olumbcrazy wrote: 7" is scratched too on the Beck remix side
That's not a bad thing :)
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

olumbcrazy wrote:Just recd mine..inner sleeve has 2" splits on every edge plus the dvd has ripped the 7" cover. LP cover has a smallish split too which on its own wouldnt bother me however as I gonna ask for replacements I may as well get the set. 7" is scratched too on the Beck remix side

recd from TMR

Thanks for your email. I’m so sorry to hear about the multiple issues with your Vault package. I would be more than happy to provide damage replacements for you. Unfortunately, we have shipped a higher number of Vault package replacements than normal for this same reason, so I don’t actually have any replacement copies left at this time. As soon as I receive the next shipment of package replacements, I will ensure that it is free of imperfections and immediately send your package. Feel free to check on its status whenever and I would be glad to provide you with an update!
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

chris865 wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
Mine arrived on Saturday too. Everything was mint, no seem splits, even on the inner sleeve. I've yet to play the
LP yet though.

tis for me
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

olumbcrazy wrote:
olumbcrazy wrote:Just recd mine..inner sleeve has 2" splits on every edge plus the dvd has ripped the 7" cover. LP cover has a smallish split too which on its own wouldnt bother me however as I gonna ask for replacements I may as well get the set. 7" is scratched too on the Beck remix side

recd from TMR

Thanks for your email. I’m so sorry to hear about the multiple issues with your Vault package. I would be more than happy to provide damage replacements for you. Unfortunately, we have shipped a higher number of Vault package replacements than normal for this same reason, so I don’t actually have any replacement copies left at this time. As soon as I receive the next shipment of package replacements, I will ensure that it is free of imperfections and immediately send your package. Feel free to check on its status whenever and I would be glad to provide you with an update!
Ditto on the email I received, and...
olumbcrazy wrote:
chris865 wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
LP yet though.

tis for me
ditto again. I like both of the covers.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

to follow up TMRs response, I replied

Thanks for the quick reply.

Whilst I'm pleased that you can send me some replacements, I'm very disappointed to hear that I'll have sometime to wait before I'll receive them. I am in the UK and it'll take at least 2 weeks (or so) to arrive from the date you ship them. Do you have any idea when the replacements are expected to arrive?

Also as a side night, given all the issues here, can you tell me what are TMR doing to try to reduce these sorts of problems? Its not the 1st time that I have had to ask for replacements due to shipping damage - happened last time with the Wanda pack too. Surely a bit more care with the production/packaging etc would prevent some of these from occurring and therefore save TMR time/money and save the subscriber from receiving a flawed product in the 1st place.

Please don't get me wrong, I do enjoy being a Vault subscriber and look foward to receiving each new pack. As its so difficult to purchase the latest tri's/other special releases or get to the special gigs/events this is the only way someone from the UK can become involved with TMR, so its especially frustrating and disappointing when things like this happen. I hope that you can take this onboard and maybe look into ways of finding a way to make things just a little bit better.

TMR replied with some interesting stats on replacements which I thought worth sharing

I expect the replacements to arrive within the next week. I note your slight frustration with the repeated sending and resending of damaged Vault items. Trust me, I understand. Just to give a brief explanation, the TMR online store manager and I have both researched the pros and cons of adding more padding inside each package this past fall. Obviously, it would be great to send a package and have it arrive perfectly intact, but we have found that it is more cost-effective for us as a business to send the package as is and provide the requested number of replacements as needed. When calculated, this is almost always less than 1% of total send-outs. With a pressing defect like this one, we have come close to approaching the 2% mark, but, as I said, this is very unusual. With this method, we are also able to send the packages with the shortest amount of turn-around time from deadline to delivery. Hope that explains a bit better why our policies are in place :)

With that said, you replacement will ship as soon as we receive the packages. I will send an email blast to all members that will be receiving replacement packages as soon as they are out the door. Thanks for your patience!
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Thanks for this - think they could consider a premium shipping service -
extra $10 a quarter
I'm sure they'd get a quite a few takers and they'd make extra money
From it
olumbcrazy wrote:to follow up TMRs response, I replied

Whilst I'm pleased that you can send me some replacements, I'm very disappointed to hear that I'll have sometime to wait before I'll receive them. I am in the UK and it'll take at least 2 weeks (or so) to arrive from the date you ship them. Do you have any idea when the replacements are expected to arrive?

Also as a side night, given all the issues here, can you tell me what are TMR doing to try to reduce these sorts of problems? Its not the 1st time that I have had to ask for replacements due to shipping damage - happened last time with the Wanda pack too. Surely a bit more care with the production/packaging etc would prevent some of these from occurring and therefore save TMR time/money and save the subscriber from receiving a flawed product in the 1st place.

Please don't get me wrong, I do enjoy being a Vault subscriber and look foward to receiving each new pack. As its so difficult to purchase the latest tri's/other special releases or get to the special gigs/events this is the only way someone from the UK can become involved with TMR, so its especially frustrating and disappointing when things like this happen. I hope that you can take this onboard and maybe look into ways of finding a way to make things just a little bit better.

TMR replied with some interesting stats on replacements which I thought worth sharing

I expect the replacements to arrive within the next week. I note your slight frustration with the repeated sending and resending of damaged Vault items. Trust me, I understand. Just to give a brief explanation, the TMR online store manager and I have both researched the pros and cons of adding more padding inside each package this past fall. Obviously, it would be great to send a package and have it arrive perfectly intact, but we have found that it is more cost-effective for us as a business to send the package as is and provide the requested number of replacements as needed. When calculated, this is almost always less than 1% of total send-outs. With a pressing defect like this one, we have come close to approaching the 2% mark, but, as I said, this is very unusual. With this method, we are also able to send the packages with the shortest amount of turn-around time from deadline to delivery. Hope that explains a bit better why our policies are in place :)

With that said, you replacement will ship as soon as we receive the packages. I will send an email blast to all members that will be receiving replacement packages as soon as they are out the door. Thanks for your patience!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

olumbcrazy wrote:to follow up TMRs response, I replied

Interesting approach that I guess makes sense. I suppose they don't have much chance of losing customers with their addictive products...
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Mine came in today, southern UK.

What's the current official line on the static issue? I've noticed it especially heavily on my copy, as well as a less irritating (but still noticeable) low thudding sound on the flip. I've asked for a replacement, but are they all gonna be like this?

I notice that the etching in the runout groove does include 'RE', which suggests to me that the records that've been sent out are based on masters which are a second (or third, or fourth) attempt. I've a feeling the fuzz is on the tape, that TMR noticed it on their first test press, remastered to try to get around it, but couldn't. All hyperbole, of course.
CanIGetBehindYouMeg
Little Bird

Post by CanIGetBehindYouMeg »

I'm still in limbo about returning my copy. Has there been any good news associated with the replacements TMR is sending out? From what I can tell the replacements range from exactly the same, slightly better or worse quality. I don't want to make more work for everybody until things seemed to get straightened out.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:I'm still in limbo about returning my copy. Has there been any good news associated with the replacements TMR is sending out? From what I can tell the replacements range from exactly the same, slightly better or worse quality. I don't want to make more work for everybody until things seemed to get straightened out.
Everybody??? You aren't makeing any more work for me! If your copy isn't good let them know, they seem happy to take care of the problem. Just don't try selling your "bad" copy on here...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I would say that the 1% number is not representative of actually damaged goods. How many people get damaged packages and just accept it so as to not make a fuss? My Wanda sleeve was bad off but I did not request a new one. My preference for all standard weight records from the Vault would be for the record to be shipped in a white inner sleeve and nothing in the actual sleeve. It would be interesting if TMR ran the numbers on that solution instead of replacing more expensive printed sleeves. My 2 cents.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

This is really interesting approach from TMR. I would say half of my many purchases have arrived damaged and I never returned anything. Knowing that this is a marketing decision driven by people's willingness to complain means I will now have no hesitation. Perfect condition or it's going back.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.