Vault #10

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #10

Post by rsimms3 »

flattop2001 wrote:This is really interesting approach from TMR. I would say half of my many purchases have arrived damaged and I never returned anything. Knowing that this is a marketing decision driven by people's willingness to complain means I will now have no hesitation. Perfect condition or it's going back.
You should start a new thread "TMR Returns".
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I'll leave that to one of the kids.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

flattop2001 wrote:I'll leave that to one of the kids.
:smirk:
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:I'm still in limbo about returning my copy. Has there been any good news associated with the replacements TMR is sending out? From what I can tell the replacements range from exactly the same, slightly better or worse quality. I don't want to make more work for everybody until things seemed to get straightened out.
They sent me an email and told me my replacement went out today and has been tested and looked over before packaging. I have a hard time believing they listen to every one before sending but who knows. Either way, whether you get another copy and it's worse, the same or better, you still have your first copy and it was free for you to get a replacement. Why you're in Limbo is beyond me.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

arewhyehen wrote:
CanIGetBehindYouMeg wrote:I'm still in limbo about returning my copy. Has there been any good news associated with the replacements TMR is sending out? From what I can tell the replacements range from exactly the same, slightly better or worse quality. I don't want to make more work for everybody until things seemed to get straightened out.
They sent me an email and told me my replacement went out today and has been tested and looked over before packaging. I have a hard time believing they listen to every one before sending but who knows. Either way, whether you get another copy and it's worse, the same or better, you still have your first copy and it was free for you to get a replacement. Why you're in Limbo is beyond me.
I got my confirmation today as well. Can't WAIT to hear it!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

I don't normally complain either - but hearing that I will start. My last 3 tmr / vault orders have had dings and splits on the inner and outter sleeves.

I can't complain too much on the audio though. It's not the greatest quality - but I've heard a lot worse on a live recording. They should have played blue veins and carolina drama tho! :p
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

chrono_1980 wrote:I don't normally complain either - but hearing that I will start. My last 3 tmr / vault orders have had dings and splits on the inner and outter sleeves.

I can't complain too much on the audio though. It's not the greatest quality - but I've heard a lot worse on a live recording. They should have played blue veins and carolina drama tho! :p
They did play blue veins you can download it from the vault I donth have the link right now but somewhere on here.

I have only complained once but knowing there policy on it I will complain with the slightest scratch, ding, or Sean split.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

If you have that link, that would be awesome - thanks!
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

chrono_1980 wrote:If you have that link, that would be awesome - thanks!

http://modlife.com/theraconteurs/music
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

chrono_1980 wrote:I don't normally complain either - but hearing that I will start. My last 3 tmr / vault orders have had dings and splits on the inner and outter sleeves.
Moller72 wrote:I have only complained once but knowing there policy on it I will complain with the slightest scratch, ding, or Sean split.
Now see, that's taking advantage, imo. minor damage due to shipping, I can live with, but I think a pressing defect (and yes, it was acknowledged as a pressing issue) is a legitimate complaint for replacement. My vault #9 had splits and dings, but I didn't say anything (and still won't say anything if that's all that's wrong with my vault packs when I get them), I chalked it up as one of the hazards of shipping sealed LPs.
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

jrfhoutx wrote:
Moller72 wrote:I have only complained once but knowing there policy on it I will complain with the slightest scratch, ding, or Sean split.
Now see, that's taking advantage, imo. minor damage due to shipping, I can live with, but I think a pressing defect (and yes, it was acknowledged as a pressing issue) is a legitimate complaint for replacement. My vault #9 had splits and dings, but I didn't say anything (and still won't say anything if that's all that's wrong with my vault packs when I get them), I chalked it up as one of the hazards of shipping sealed LPs.
Paying $60 for a record, I would say they should take proper precautions in packaging. The mailers are flimsy and cheap - and they don't do anything about it, because nobody complains (including myself to this point). I order a tonne of records online (a lot for less than $60), and most show up no problems, no damage. I would say we all just want them to beef up the packaging a bit (hell, most of us would pay more for it!).
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

bkramer10 wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:If you have that link, that would be awesome - thanks!

http://modlife.com/theraconteurs/music
Thanks for the link btw!
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

chrono_1980 wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:
Paying $60 for a record, I would say they should take proper precautions in packaging. The mailers are flimsy and cheap - and they don't do anything about it, because nobody complains (including myself to this point). I order a tonne of records online (a lot for less than $60), and most show up no problems, no damage. I would say we all just want them to beef up the packaging a bit (hell, most of us would pay more for it!).
don't remember where I saw it, but iirc I saw a discussion about the cost of shipping out replacements for the low number of requests that they get (which i think they said was something like 1%) vs. the cost of beefed up packaging plus postage costs, and they determined that it was actually cheaper for them to ship out replacement sleeves/covers than it was for them to beef up the packaging, so hell, i guess go for it. i suppose if they start getting a large enough number of requests theyll find it cheaper to beef up the packaging... I'd just hate to see an increase in the cost of the vault packs, though I suppose an extra $5 a quarter for no splits wouldn't be too bad...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

jrfhoutx wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:
don't remember where I saw it, but iirc I saw a discussion about the cost of shipping out replacements for the low number of requests that they get (which i think they said was something like 1%) vs. the cost of beefed up packaging plus postage costs, and they determined that it was actually cheaper for them to ship out replacement sleeves/covers than it was for them to beef up the packaging, so hell, i guess go for it. i suppose if they start getting a large enough number of requests theyll find it cheaper to beef up the packaging... I'd just hate to see an increase in the cost of the vault packs, though I suppose an extra $5 a quarter for no splits wouldn't be too bad...
yeah, that was earlier in this thread JR. Like you say, we control the economics in this situation
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Agreed I have had minor seem splits before and not complained, but in the future I guess I will. I wan't too worried about them, but if they are knowingly shipping the cheaper way to just to save money and hope no one complains...then I say complain away and maybe then they will start shipping them right to start with.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net