Vault Package #9

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault Package #9

Post by Stl_ben »

olumbcrazy wrote:
greginchains wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Gotcha. Well, surely it's an oversight. They clearly said in the Vault announcement it's a B&B. That being said, I won't be sending mine back. It'll be a mild disappointment at best. I do feel bad for everyone excited about a B&B though.
It wouldnt be the first time an announced vault LP to be split vinyl was changed to black vinyl.
when was that? and did they issue any refunds cos that they mislead folk...as said the only thing that excites me about this is the B&B and if its regular black then they can have it back
The 2009 singles collection was suppose to be colored, but was black and to my knowledge no refunds were given....maybe get excited about what will be on the record! I mean if you don't care about the music won't it just sit on a record shelf where you will never see the color of it since you won't be takeing it out of the sleeve?

If people are really paying $60 just for a black and blue then shop at ebay, as that is the going price of most Black & Blues that are much more rare. I mean the vautl B&Bs are made in the thousands, while ones from shows have between 100-300 depending on the show.

[ebay]120774605353[/ebay][ebay]150662183990[/ebay]
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
olumbcrazy
Little Cream Soda

Post by olumbcrazy »

Stl_ben wrote:
olumbcrazy wrote:
greginchains wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Gotcha. Well, surely it's an oversight. They clearly said in the Vault announcement it's a B&B. That being said, I won't be sending mine back. It'll be a mild disappointment at best. I do feel bad for everyone excited about a B&B though.
It wouldnt be the first time an announced vault LP to be split vinyl was changed to black vinyl.
when was that? and did they issue any refunds cos that they mislead folk...as said the only thing that excites me about this is the B&B and if its regular black then they can have it back
The 2009 singles collection was suppose to be colored, but was black and to my knowledge no refunds were given....maybe get excited about what will be on the record! I mean if you don't care about the music won't it just sit on a record shelf where you will never see the color of it since you won't be takeing it out of the sleeve?

If people are really paying $60 just for a black and blue then shop at ebay, as that is the going price of most Black & Blues that are much more rare. I mean the vautl B&Bs are made in the thousands, while ones from shows have between 100-300 depending on the show.

[ebay]120774605353[/ebay][ebay]150662183990[/ebay]
yep good point - if i had my ar$e in gear then I would hv cancelled the subs for this one as I'm not much of a Wanda fan but i didnt tho the redeeming factor was the B&B as i havent got one. True I wont play it much but I do have some stuff in my collection that I've bought because it looks cool and unusual. I get really $hitty about folk that mis-sell stuff so if its pure black then I will be trying my damnest for a refund as it was advertised as a B&B when the deadline passed so thats what we should all expect to receive.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Hi Panos,

As listed on Vault package #9’s graphic, it will be a black and blue record-- http://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/. The black record shown in the catalog will be correctly shortly. Thanks!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Stl_ben wrote:
I mean the vautl B&Bs are made in the thousands, while ones from shows have between 100-300 depending on the show.
Really? I'd have thought hundreds at most. (If you're talking about the ones that go out as part of the Vault packages.) Not multiple thousands, anyway.
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

Aquamarine wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
I mean the vautl B&Bs are made in the thousands, while ones from shows have between 100-300 depending on the show.
Really? I'd have thought hundreds at most. (If you're talking about the ones that go out as part of the Vault packages.) Not multiple thousands, anyway.
Uh oh! The how many vault members are there discussion.....
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Let's count it off real quick here.

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Aquamarine wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Well there is at least 100 of each release that make it to ebay, not to mention everyone that buys multiples and sits on them for retirement. And the rumors that when URP presses them they make more of these than any other release. Also I know I have easily creeped 200 people on the vault with no pic that 1000 copies is a low ball number.
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

Stl_ben wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Well there is at least 100 of each release that make it to ebay, not to mention everyone that buys multiples and sits on them for retirement. And the rumors that when URP presses them they make more of these than any other release. Also I know I have easily creeped 200 people on the vault with no pic that 1000 copies is a low ball number.
ONLY 200? slacker...... :twisted:
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Stl_ben wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Yeah, I'd have said maybe 1000-1500. Maybe I'm being too picky over definitions of "thousands." :lol:
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Don't get me wrong I'm sure IT Mono was in the hundreds, maybe a thousand tops. However I am sure between collectors/flippers/investers... there is probably 2000 members now. I have been in record stores that even have some of the Vault releases.
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Stl_ben wrote:Don't get me wrong I'm sure IT Mono was in the hundreds, maybe a thousand tops. However I am sure between collectors/flippers/investers... there is probably 2000 members now. I have been in record stores that even have some of the Vault releases.
There were (if I can believe anything I hear from the Bens) there were 2,300-2,500 Vault #1 packages. I would imagine they have stayed in the 3,000 range of subscriptions. WTFDIK
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

stoutr wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Don't get me wrong I'm sure IT Mono was in the hundreds, maybe a thousand tops. However I am sure between collectors/flippers/investers... there is probably 2000 members now. I have been in record stores that even have some of the Vault releases.
There were (if I can believe anything I hear from the Bens) there were 2,300-2,500 Vault #1 packages. I would imagine they have stayed in the 3,000 range of subscriptions. WTFDIK
I would believe these numbers... now to convince Aquaman.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

We wanted to give you an update on the Vault Number 9 package that you are probably by now eagerly watching your postbox for...
There was, unfortunately, a manufacturing defect with the DVDs that were to be included. Rather then sending these out and replacing them later, we thought better to hold off on the whole package until the newer, functioning DVDs were delivered and we could provide you with a complete more enjoyable package. SO, those DVDs will be with us shortly and Vault Number 9 will begin shipping within the next two weeks. We do apologize for the delay and inconvenience.
Edit: and this too
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I love the label on that.

You guys have really kept track of how many avatar-less people you've creeped in Modblast??
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."