Vault package #8

killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault package #8

Post by killeralien »

Got mine it is so pretty. I'm not one of those getting multiple shipments. In fact this is my first vault package. Great way to start eh? With that I have a ton of white stripes live stuff, so am thinking, do I really need to open this? After all It's just another live gig and nothing I am dying to hear; unless y'all tell me different. Is VP 8 Worth the play or keep minty sealed and on display until I am in a Nursing home and looking to sell off my wordly possessions? Thoughts?
It's not the having, it's the getting
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Post by killeralien »

makers888 wrote:This is HANDS DOWN the BEST fucking package yet! It was definitely everything I hoped for AND MORE! For those of you who are solid White Stripes fans, you'll eat this completely up.

I was amazed of the quality of this entire package. First of all, the single sounds fantastic. I mean, the songs are not of the best The White Stripes have ever done. But it's great to hear recordings of this vintage for the first time today. Just brings back the old times hearing a fresh White Stripes recording sounding the way this does. These recordings sound better than many of their earlier released singles. Absolutely loving it!

The live 2LP, yeah, great. Jack has the typical latter spirit he had with The White Stripes. And I must say, very poor playing during the early few songs of the show. But these things a lot of times make it all the better. Loving this 2LP and artwork.

But what hits me most near and dear is the DVD. Absolutely FANTASTIC! I didn't imagine the quality being as good as it is. And for a person like me, who saw The White Stripes half a dozen times during this period of their career, it's SOLID gold and brings back so many great memories. Seriously, I think anyone could appreciate this period. Back when it was really simple and much less a gimmicky show.

Since last night I've watched this DVD 3 times. I'm not usually a person who can sit in front of a TV for more than an hour a day, but, I cannot get enough of it. Just love the little things about this show like Jack repetitively apologizing for having a hoarse throat. Or during "Wasting My Time" (one of my personal favorites) he misses A minor and gets a look from Meg. Then he corrects it and she gives him a little smile. Or how Jack always seems to have trouble with his guitar straps. Dude needed someone to hook him up with some straplocks or something. And biggest and maybe best thing of all, fucking De Stijl was released on that fucking day! Which brings me to a formula:

De Stijl = Best fucking White Stripes album EVER!
OK just read this RAWK! Thanks for the review. More feedback is eagerly welcome and appreciated.
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

I'm in Jamaica for the week and I've got my dad checking my mail for me while I'm away...any of the Canadians (GTA specifically) get theirs yet?
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

killeralien wrote:Got mine it is so pretty. I'm not one of those getting multiple shipments. In fact this is my first vault package. Great way to start eh? With that I have a ton of white stripes live stuff, so am thinking, do I really need to open this? After all It's just another live gig and nothing I am dying to hear; unless y'all tell me different. Is VP 8 Worth the play or keep minty sealed and on display until I am in a Nursing home and looking to sell off my wordly possessions? Thoughts?
Open it and play it, man- That's what records are for!
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

i say open it if it is your only one the live set sounds great the dvd is a lot better than i expected, the 7" is good one of my favorite vaults if not my favorite.
killeralien
Little Cream Soda

Post by killeralien »

rival wrote:I'm in Jamaica for the week and I've got my dad checking my mail for me while I'm away...any of the Canadians (GTA specifically) get theirs yet?
Where in Jamaica mon? Just got back. I Honeymooned in Whitehouse, which is about 1.5 hours south of Montego Bay. Black River. not touristy and higly recommend Floydes Pelican bar but I digress...

gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

rival wrote:I'm in Jamaica for the week and I've got my dad checking my mail for me while I'm away...any of the Canadians (GTA specifically) get theirs yet?
Nothing yet in Niagara Falls. Soon I hope.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I've been to Negril twice. What a lovely place! When the guy handling the luggage ask if you need anything, he ain't dicking around ...........he means anything, and I mean any.....thing. :D
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

YES!!
Mine showed up this morning. Hopefully all the other Canadians will get theirs soon.
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

I'm in The Netherlands and got mine today.
But with a big bump and two splits in the gatefold F#$@$$@!!!
Is it only the Dutch postal workers who use flat packages as frisbees ???
This is the second time in two weeks..my superdeluxe Rome colored double vinyl album also came with two bumps and a seam split.
Can't believe it, the vault package even comes with A BIG RED STICKER that says FRAGILE for god's sake!

Dissapointed.
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Mark1976 wrote:I'm in The Netherlands and got mine today.
But with a big bump and two splits in the gatefold F#$@$$@!!!
Is it only the Dutch postal workers who use flat packages as frisbees ???
This is the second time in two weeks..my superdeluxe Rome colored double vinyl album also came with two bumps and a seam split.
Can't believe it, the vault package even comes with A BIG RED STICKER that says FRAGILE for god's sake!

Dissapointed.
Yeah, you'd really think postal workers would have more respect for the things they're tasked to deliver... Although I guess the term "going postal" is there for a reason... ;)

If they're turning up over in the Netherlands, i'm hoping that's a good omen for an impending delivery to the UK!
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

I got the package today. When I opened the package, I was a little bit disappointed. In my opinion, the font used for the title totally ruins it... They still haven't match the perfect artwork of the Live in London LP. But the sound ... I mean, that the sound that matters. The 7" is great and the live LP just AWESOME.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

HappyDad wrote:When I opened the package, I was a little bit disappointed. In my opinion, the font used for the title totally ruins it... They still haven't match the perfect artwork of the Live in London LP.
I found it weird that they used a photo from Canada on an album that was live in Mississippi. Not to the point of disappointment, though, it just made me scratch my head and wonder a bit.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

Kali Durga wrote:... it just made me scratch my head and wonder a bit.

I think Mr. White sees that as the purpose of many of his releases :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hah! I think you're right ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."