Vault package #8

Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Vault package #8

Post by Maldoror17 »

Its up ALL White Stripes Vault #8 They were not joking this one is good.

Friday - April 08, 2011
VAULT PACKAGE #8 posted by Ben S at 13:03PM
You want the White Stripes. We get it. So for our upcoming Vault package we’re excited to present our fans with peeks at the White Stripes from three decidedly different eras of the band.

First off, we’re pleased to offer Live in Mississippi a recording of the White Stripes’ final live concert from July 31st, 2007 in Southaven, Mississippi. Presented in crystalline audio quality and spread across 2 LP’s pressed on 180-gram vinyl, this recording is (arguably) the band at the top of their game. With the local geography looming large on their minds, the set list is decidedly heavy on the blues and features covers of songs by Robert Johnson, Son House and Leadbelly. The rest of the set includes songs from all six of the White Stripes’ studio albums and the show is offered in its entirety.

Our 7” this quarter features some of the earliest recordings the White Stripes ever made. The a-side is a haunting, stark version of “Signed DC” originally done by the band Love on their self-titled debut record from 1966. The flipside is a breathtaking rendition of the Otis Redding classic “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long.” Recorded in Detroit in September of 1997 a mere two months after the Stripes’ live debut, this single provides a heretofore unheard era of the band. Although their debut single “Let’s Shake Hands” wouldn’t be released for another eight months, this recording shows how fully-formed the general idea, aesthetic and approach of the White Stripes was from the very start.

The final component of this collection is a DVD entitled Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night. Recorded at Ralph’s Corner Bar in Moorhead, Minnesota on June 13th, 2000, this previously unseen footage captures the band immediately following the release of their sophomore album De Stijl on what was their first extended bout of touring across the United States. Performing for only a handful of people, the show is heavy on the band’s earlier material with a spirited cover of Iggy Pop’s “I’m Bored” being of particular excitement and note.

Live in Mississippi
Stop Breaking Down (Robert Johnson)
Let’s Build a Home
When I Hear My Name
Icky Thump
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground/As Ugly As I Seem
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
Wasting My Time
Phonograph Blues (Robert Johnson)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)
Death Letter (Son House)
Astro
Apple Blossom
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Do As You’re Told)
In the Cold, Cold Night
I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother’s Heart
Hotel Yorba
A Martyr For My Love For You
Ball and Biscuit
300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
Blue Orchid
I’m Slowly Turning Into You
Boll Weevil

Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night
Lets Shake Hands
Screwdriver
Wasting My Time
Jolene (Dolly Parton)
Little Bird
Apple Blossom
You’re Pretty Good Looking (for a Girl)
Your Southern Can is Mine (Blind Willie McTell)
Suger Never Tasted So Good
Truth Doesn’t Make a Noise
I’m Bored (Iggy Pop)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)rn
Last edited by Maldoror17 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vozhyk87
Little Acorn

Re: Vault package #8

Post by vozhyk87 »

Package #8 is freaking exciting! Loving the DVD with an intimate show from 2000.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

where are you guys reading this? i checked the TMR and WS vault page and nothing..

*edit*.....nevermind i founds it...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

rsimms3 wrote:I am going with some Live White Stripes material. Jack made mention of that in one of the chats in the past couple months.
Ahem.... :D
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

I can't imagine any white stripes fan not signing up for this vault sub.... Their last live show on vinyl.....two unheard song recordings from their lsh 7" era... AND a dvd of De Stijl era stripes.... i really think this package will hit all the spots perfectly...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Announcement seems to have disappeared....adding the picture maybe?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

You want the White Stripes. We get it. So for our upcoming Vault package we’re excited to present our fans with peeks at the White Stripes from three decidedly different eras of the band.

First off, we’re pleased to offer Live in Mississippi a recording of the White Stripes’ final live concert from July 31st, 2007 in Southaven, Mississippi. Presented in crystalline audio quality and spread across 2 LP’s pressed on 180-gram vinyl, this recording is (arguably) the band at the top of their game. With the local geography looming large on their minds, the set list is decidedly heavy on the blues and features covers of songs by Robert Johnson, Son House and Leadbelly. The rest of the set includes songs from all six of the White Stripes’ studio albums and the show is offered in its entirety.

Our 7” this quarter features some of the earliest recordings the White Stripes ever made. The a-side is a haunting, stark version of “Signed DC” originally done by the band Love on their self-titled debut record from 1966. The flipside is a breathtaking rendition of the Otis Redding classic “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long.” Recorded in Detroit in September of 1997 a mere two months after the Stripes’ live debut, this single provides a heretofore unheard era of the band. Although their debut single “Let’s Shake Hands” wouldn’t be released for another eight months, this recording shows how fully-formed the general idea, aesthetic and approach of the White Stripes was from the very start.

The final component of this collection is a DVD entitled Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night. Recorded at Ralph’s Corner Bar in Moorhead, Minnesota on June 13th, 2000, this previously unseen footage captures the band immediately following the release of their sophomore album De Stijl on what was their first extended bout of touring across the United States. Performing for only a handful of people, the show is heavy on the band’s earlier material with a spirited cover of Iggy Pop’s “I’m Bored” being of particular excitement and note.

Live in Mississippi
Stop Breaking Down (Robert Johnson)
Let’s Build a Home
When I Hear My Name
Icky Thump
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground/As Ugly As I Seem
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
Wasting My Time
Phonograph Blues (Robert Johnson)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)
Death Letter (Son House)
Astro
Apple Blossom
You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Do As You’re Told)
In the Cold, Cold Night
I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother’s Heart
Hotel Yorba
A Martyr For My Love For You
Ball and Biscuit
300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
Blue Orchid
I’m Slowly Turning Into You
Boll Weevil

Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night
Lets Shake Hands
Screwdriver
Wasting My Time
Jolene (Dolly Parton)
Little Bird
Apple Blossom
You’re Pretty Good Looking (for a Girl)
Your Southern Can is Mine (Blind Willie McTell)
Suger Never Tasted So Good
Truth Doesn’t Make a Noise
I’m Bored (Iggy Pop)
Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)rn

The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

That is F'ing awesome and a fitting closure to the stripes.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Maldoror17
Little Cream Soda

Post by Maldoror17 »

rsimms3 wrote:Announcement seems to have disappeared....adding the picture maybe?

Seems to be back for good with picture...That 7" is very interesting I cant wait to hear Pre-LSH WS damn Jack doesn't disappoint.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Yeah. This is why I joined the Vault. No complaints, that's amazing. Has anyone here ever heard either song on the 7"?
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

I was going to join the vault this week since I can now financially do it! What a great way to start! I am understanding this correctly aren't I? I sign up by April 30 and I get it?
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

flattop2001 wrote:That is F'ing awesome and a fitting closure to the stripes.
Agreed. I'm sure there is not going to be a ton more Stripes coming out of the Vault, so this is like hitting paydirt.
Has everything you said today been true?
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Pakedge wrote:I was going to join the vault this week since I can now financially do it! What a great way to start! I am understanding this correctly aren't I? I sign up by April 30 and I get it?
Yeah. You are in for this package.
Has everything you said today been true?
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

Vault #8 = perfect
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Vytis33 wrote:Vault #8 = perfect
Agreed.