Question for Vault members

Pakedge
Little Acorn

Question for Vault members

Post by Pakedge »

I just graduated college, so my budget did not allow me to be a Vault member so I could receive the vault packages, now I may be able to very soon!

If I were to sign up for the Vault this week, when would I get my first vault? Would it be 3 months from now, or when would I receive one?

Is it 20 dollars a month?

Also, is there anything else I need to know?
"Knock on the door and the door knocks back..."
love_islander
Little People

Re: Question for Vault members

Post by love_islander »

you should be able to sign up in the next few days to receive the next package (best to check modlife.com/thirdmanrecords). It would turn up in the next 2-3 months.

you pay in quarterly installments - i.e. $60 every 3 months gets charged to your paypal/credit card
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

love_islander wrote:you should be able to sign up in the next few days to receive the next package (best to check modlife.com/thirdmanrecords). It would turn up in the next 2-3 months.

you pay in quarterly installments - i.e. $60 every 3 months gets charged to your paypal/credit card
Ok, I just saw where if I sign up by April 30th, I will get the second quarter vault package. So, would I be receiving the package at the same time as all of you?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

if you read through the "Vault 7" thread you will see there is a spread of when they arrive. Now that they are getting so popular the spread seems to be larger - here in oz for the first few packages seemed to turn up around the same time for the posters here and in the Little Room, but nowadays it seems to be a mixed bag. I don't know if my vault 7 has turned up yet, but some got theirs a month ago
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

love_islander wrote:if you read through the "Vault 7" thread you will see there is a spread of when they arrive. Now that they are getting so popular the spread seems to be larger - here in oz for the first few packages seemed to turn up around the same time for the posters here and in the Little Room, but nowadays it seems to be a mixed bag. I don't know if my vault 7 has turned up yet, but some got theirs a month ago
I read through the Vault 8 thread and it answered a few of my questions. I guess since they are going to announce the Vault package within the next few days, the smart thing to do would be to wait and see what it is first, especially since I have until April 30 to sign up. I'll probably just end up signing up anyway!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I feel that they are truly above the usual TMR standard (not that normal standard is poor by any accounts). I've worn my Vault 1 shirt out, I've listened to Vault 2's LP a million times, Vault 4's WS B-sides are cool, I've watched Vault 5's DVD many times over as well as played the LP a lot, and so on. If you love the Rac's, WS and TDW, you won't be disappointed by them generally*

*disclaimer in case I'm wrong this time ;)
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

love_islander wrote:I feel that they are truly above the usual TMR standard (not that normal standard is poor by any accounts). I've worn my Vault 1 shirt out, I've listened to Vault 2's LP a million times, Vault 4's WS B-sides are cool, I've watched Vault 5's DVD many times over as well as played the LP a lot, and so on. If you love the Rac's, WS and TDW, you won't be disappointed by them generally*

Haha, I'm sure you are not wrong. I'm going to give it the rest of the week to see if they announce it, but I'm sure I'll be signing up. I've just got to decide whether or not to hold out 60 dollars for joining in time for Vault 8 or spend 60 extra at RSD. :D
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Pakedge wrote:
love_islander wrote:I feel that they are truly above the usual TMR standard (not that normal standard is poor by any accounts). I've worn my Vault 1 shirt out, I've listened to Vault 2's LP a million times, Vault 4's WS B-sides are cool, I've watched Vault 5's DVD many times over as well as played the LP a lot, and so on. If you love the Rac's, WS and TDW, you won't be disappointed by them generally*

Haha, I'm sure you are not wrong. I'm going to give it the rest of the week to see if they announce it, but I'm sure I'll be signing up. I've just got to decide whether or not to hold out 60 dollars for joining in time for Vault 8 or spend 60 extra at RSD. :D
If you Dont sign up you will regret it I did not sign up until the 3rd package and then I had to have the rest and it ended up costing me about 6 times as much to buy them all.
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

Moller72 wrote:
Pakedge wrote:

If you Dont sign up you will regret it I did not sign up until the 3rd package and then I had to have the rest and it ended up costing me about 6 times as much to buy them all.
I believe you. I fell into this with The Dead Weather Live at TMR Vault.
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Post by erikrodskjegg »

Be sure not to hesitate, it's worth it!
I also waited till the third package, and now i miss Icky Thump Mono and let's shake hands 7", and doubt i will ever get my hands on them.
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

I've been on board since the beginning. I've never bought more than one package because money has always been tight. But I always make sure that $60 is around. Looking back on it, I was hesitent to sign up for Vault 1, but if I hadn't I am positive I would regret it today. Initially, when I did sign up, TMR didn't even announce what the package was going to be, which is why I hesitated. I still kinda wish that they would have kept it that way...Surprise! Every package has had something in it that has made the $60 worth it (Never a major/complete disappointment). The problem is that I wouldn't get your hopes up for much online content as that seems to have fallen by the wayside. The way I see it, and everyone around here no doubt, the package is worth it regarless of what is in it. Worst case, someone will gladly pay you more than $60 so you'll at least get your money back. I mean really, ask yourself if you'd pay someone here $60 each for Vault 1-7? That alone should answer yor question about any future package.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

mirrorboxer wrote:I've been on board since the beginning. I've never bought more than one package because money has always been tight. But I always make sure that $60 is around. Looking back on it, I was hesitent to sign up for Vault 1, but if I hadn't I am positive I would regret it today. Initially, when I did sign up, TMR didn't even announce what the package was going to be, which is why I hesitated. I still kinda wish that they would have kept it that way...Surprise! Every package has had something in it that has made the $60 worth it (Never a major/complete disappointment). The problem is that I wouldn't get your hopes up for much online content as that seems to have fallen by the wayside. The way I see it, and everyone around here no doubt, the package is worth it regarless of what is in it. Worst case, someone will gladly pay you more than $60 so you'll at least get your money back. I mean really, ask yourself if you'd pay someone here $60 each for Vault 1-7? That alone should answer yor question about any future package.
Totally! Speaking of which, I would totally pay someone $60 for any of their Vault 1-5's. Any biters? Hmmm. Didn't think so.
Has everything you said today been true?
Pakedge
Little Acorn

Post by Pakedge »

mirrorboxer wrote:I've been on board since the beginning. I've never bought more than one package because money has always been tight. But I always make sure that $60 is around. Looking back on it, I was hesitent to sign up for Vault 1, but if I hadn't I am positive I would regret it today. Initially, when I did sign up, TMR didn't even announce what the package was going to be, which is why I hesitated. I still kinda wish that they would have kept it that way...Surprise! Every package has had something in it that has made the $60 worth it (Never a major/complete disappointment). The problem is that I wouldn't get your hopes up for much online content as that seems to have fallen by the wayside. The way I see it, and everyone around here no doubt, the package is worth it regarless of what is in it. Worst case, someone will gladly pay you more than $60 so you'll at least get your money back. I mean really, ask yourself if you'd pay someone here $60 each for Vault 1-7? That alone should answer yor question about any future package.

Yeah, I've decided to sign up! Thanks for all the info guys! I have no doubts I'll be happy.