<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault Package #6

Post by rsimms3 »

Stl_ben wrote:a slip mat for the third item would be awesome
Never thought of that, great idea!

As for the next singles comp...the No Hassle / I Just Wanna B-Side is nearly 9.5 minutes long and the Conan interview is 8.5 minutes long so those two alone could take up one of the four sides of the compilation. If they put out very many more singles they'll have to add another LP to it. Don't forget the Pujol and Drakkar Sauna singles coming out in October and maybe the Dungeon single as well before the next comp comes out.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

Stl_ben wrote:a slip mat for the third item would be awesome
Thanks! That's why I mentioned it. I was hoping if enough people thought it was a good idea, maybe we would eventually see one. I was thinking of one to go with the Vault 5 package, like the web design, but any TMR slipmat would be a nice third item.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Here it is...
screen-capture.jpg
VAULT 6
OCTOBER 02 2010

Vault Package #6

It is with the utmost pleasure we are proud to announce to you the contents of Vault Package #6 (“City Under Siege”)

The long-playing 12” vinyl is a collection of demos recorded by the Greenhornes in preparation for their “East Grand Blues” EP released in 2005. This session, recorded in Nashville (on 2/3/04) at the same studio used for Loretta Lynn’s “Van Lear Rose” album, contains radically different and some altogether previously unheard Greenhornes tracks. The stand-out, in this copy-writer’s mind, is their unparalleled assault on James Brown’s “I’ll Go Crazy” addressed with vicious amounts of Blue Cheer fuzz frenzy. The ‘hornes version of this song has been a staple in their live set for years and it’s a treat to finally make it available on record. The whole thing was mixed by Jack White who’s also been known as an amateur haberdasher.

For your 7” serving we’ve decided to spare no expense...can you smell that picture disc? It’s the White Stripes “Hello Operator” b/w “Jolene” made available on vinyl for the first time in several years! Now we know all of you die-hards already bought the original picture disc the day it came out (yeah, right) so in hopes of keeping those original picture discs special we’ve re-jiggered the artwork with some new (old) images. You like Meg White sitting next to her bass drum? CHECK! You like the flipside peppermint to be from Meg’s bass drum and not the huge peppermint laying next to her? CHECK! You want the fade-out from “Hello Operator” done away with so you can hear Jack and Meg speed up the ending and Meg’s opinion of how that take fared compared to the others? CHECK! You want the Stripes striking cover of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene”? The one that’s been a live favorite for years? CHECK! What more could you ask for? Circus peanuts? That’s absurd. You KNOW we just sold out of those!

In an attempt to further marry the two products in this package we’ve decided to dig up a classic (and relatively unknown) t-shirt from the White Stripes/Greenhornes “Your Southern Can Is Mine” tour from 2001. No one we know actually has one of these t-shirts, but for the sake of keeping those originals special (us, again with all these considerations!) we’re printing this shirt on a classy white-sleeved, black-bodied baseball style t-shirt. These things are SHARP.

Sign up is open NOW and we’re already hard at work to get these things to you as soon as humanly possible. Enjoy the fruits of our labor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Meh. Is that a long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve shirt? Does URP press picture discs or is this a first for them?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I'm praying this is a sign that the White Stripes will release something soon and go on tour with the Greenhornes...
Can't blame a guy for wishing..

Grim
I am everything you hate...
roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Post by roxxan23 »

Grimtale wrote:I'm praying this is a sign that the White Stripes will release something soon and go on tour with the Greenhornes...
Can't blame a guy for wishing..

Grim
That would be amazing.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Halloween show?
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Yes, please.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I'm praying for something for halloween too. I'll be in Nashville to visit a friend.
Grim
I am everything you hate...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Possibly the best package yet, IMO. Can't wait!
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/blog#blog14755
Saturday - October 02, 2010
package deal posted by Jack White at 19:14PM

hello you,

wanted to let you in on some of the straight dope about the new records on the vault this quarter.
this greenhornes lp is by far my favorite thing they ever recorded. after we finished the sessions
for the van lear rose album, the greenhornes came back to the small home studio to begin recording
thier new album since l.j. and patrick dug the place so much. they gave me a cd of the recordings
and it was about all i listened to in the months leading up to recording get behind me satan. it
has a murkier vibe. patrick calls them demos, and wanted to name the album "nashville DEMOcracy"
ha ha! because as he saw it, the band ended up re recording that album at brendan bensons studio
to be eventually titled "east grand blues" (the street brendan lived on).

i personally never understood why they wanted to re record it as i loved what they had on tape,
but bb did a great job. and those songs just became my pet favorite greehornes record.

when we were negotiating putting out the four stars record on third man, i said "i'll do it,
if you let me mix those nashville session and release it on the vault." the band thought
it was a great idea, as they always wanted those recordings out there themselves.

the record was recorded on one inch 8 track, just like van lear rose, but we mixed it
in my studio. we actually mixed it to one inch 2 track. very heavy sound. it also
contains my favorite song of theirs "shelter of your arms" in what i think is their
best version.

hope you dig it, oh lj wanted to call the record "boscobell blues" in the end as that
was the street that eric mconnell the engineers home studio was in nashville, hence
the battle of nashvillle tin type photo on the front.

i had also been hard pressed to find the mixdown master tape of the recordings of the white stripes
picture disc. it is one of the only things we couldn't locate in the archives, so i thought i'd remix
the songs while i had the master out anyhow. also got a request from this dr. j commercial
to use hello operator of all songs. i loved dr. j, the way he shrugged his shoulders in the video
so i said cool. i had forgotten that meg and i sped up the song at the end and that's why i
faded out on our "de stijl" album. it's a pretty cool ending, and a totally new mix of the song,
as well as a totally new mix of jolene. sounds better than ever, cut from tape this time
instead of dat back in 2000. we didn't have a two track tape machine to mix down to
at whatever that pet rock's studio was called in detroit as i recall.

we tried our darndest to find someone who had the only co-band tour t shirt we've ever
had in the stripes. the southern can is mine tour in 2001 was a humdinger, and patrick
had designed the logo himself, the green bull with the peppermint eyes. wonder where
the originals are. i blew a speaker at our show in memphis on that tour, and gave
it to the first person ever to have a white stripes tatoo, it was meg's kick drum on
this guys arm, so that led me to want to put the kick drum on the new picture disc.

hope this is interesting to y'all, and we hope to get these in your hands post haste.

hasta

jack white

III
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
EdwardWBjornson
Little Acorn

Post by EdwardWBjornson »

I'm looking forward to this, just have to make sure Modlife doesn't f*ck up my subscription payment.
JoseyWales
Little Acorn

Post by JoseyWales »

I think im looking forward to this more than any other Vault package so far.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

:D
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426