Vault #49

hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Re: Vault #49

Post by hunkswithguns »

I echo the sentiments of disappointment. My only relationship to this era of Dylan is seeing copious amounts of those albums in dollar bins. Like the Cash and Sleep and Beef and Loretta vaults at least it will be....an interesting tone shift. :/
The amazing XX trilogy will keep me warm until #50.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

When I saw Dylan I got excited that him and jack might have done a few songs. But after reading, it’s a big letdown. I usually get the bootleg series so I’ll stay in but I don’t like this as a vault

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I want a one-off collab vault series of 45s between jack and a random musician that have either 2 originals or 1 original & 1 cover. Do it at least once a year. Dylan, grohl, or jimmy page would be great
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

1) I've been saying for a while now that they should do a vault with a book insert and slipcase as the 7" and the bonus item.
2) I'm a big Dylan fan that can't find a reason to give TMR $$ for this.
3) Even the pitch was weak...
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Definitely a cool vault, but not for me. I was also sort of looking for an excuse to drop out for a quarter to help pay for all these recent concert announcements, so that might have played a part in my final decision. Typically I just keep the sub going unless its something really bad
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

I can’t help but wonder if something went awry here. Maybe there was supposed to be something else that we didn’t end up getting.
Has everything you said today been true?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

While the package itself is alright, I’ve got to say it’s kind of neat to have a Bob Dylan single out via TMR.

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”