Vault #37

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: Vault #37

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Yeah, that was just the report from Setlist FM, but as mentioned above I’m sure it could be split across the three LP’s. I just listened to Corporation and it was a little rough, but in the sort of “We’re still working it out” kind of vibe. Similar to how the Brooklyn show went. At any rate, it’s still a great time capsule of a very exciting time in his career and I’m sure the whole set will be blistering. The art work is gorgeous, and while I too could do without another flag I’m overall really excited to have this collection. Outside of the Bonnaroo set, I wasn’t all too big a fan of the Lazaretto tour. From what I’ve seen via the Jack White Instagram posting, this tour recaptures some of the energy I felt on the Blunderbuss tour with shows like the AMEX and Voodoo festival sets.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Pass this quarta, a little more variation on the set lists songs would have been nice. And yeah that flag.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Generally over paying allegiance to flags and collecting live shows I won't listen to. End of an era for me.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

They must be seeing dwindling sales for all these packages. I wonder if it's hurting their bottom line? Seems like they've done a lot of expanding at the same time that interest is dwindling...
houses are full of things that gather dust
BigBayBlue
Little Bird

Post by BigBayBlue »

I never thought I would pass on a Jack White Live Vault Package, but here I am. Most of the Boarder House Reach songs are unappealing to me, and the rest of those setlists are made up of songs I already have on other live collections.

I imagine if you're a big fan of the new album, this set would be pretty exciting - and it certainly makes sense to release it now. It's just not for me.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Bunch of quitters in this thread....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Melon wrote:They must be seeing dwindling sales for all these packages. I wonder if it's hurting their bottom line? Seems like they've done a lot of expanding at the same time that interest is dwindling...
I would think sales are probably going up with each vault......even if it's hard to tell with us old school fans. My reasoning would be looking at the growing and growing fan groups on facebook and/or instagram. This is kind of leaving us "old school" fans behind as we are getting burnt out on the same thing over and over, but TMR seems to be focusing on the wants of the younger upcoming fans as opposed to keeping the ones they already have.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

His live show is way better this time than the blunderbuss and lazaretto tours. No more country and different than the other live jack albums
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Stl_ben wrote:
Melon wrote:They must be seeing dwindling sales for all these packages. I wonder if it's hurting their bottom line? Seems like they've done a lot of expanding at the same time that interest is dwindling...
I would think sales are probably going up with each vault......even if it's hard to tell with us old school fans. My reasoning would be looking at the growing and growing fan groups on facebook and/or instagram. This is kind of leaving us "old school" fans behind as we are getting burnt out on the same thing over and over, but TMR seems to be focusing on the wants of the younger upcoming fans as opposed to keeping the ones they already have.
Could be. I barely keep up on here let alone all those other places. I think (hope) they'll find a way to pull us back in every once in a while.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

To be honest if I had seen Jack White at the Olympia I would not buy this package. I don't care about the flag and pictures will stay in the sleeve. I just want to hear a show.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

I just wanna hear little bird & catch hell blues.
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

Super pumped to see iterations of the new live show be properly released. With this many musicians on stage all competing within a limited soundscape, these shows demand proper mixing and mastering.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The perils of the “A” shipping. :(
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Received in France yesterday. But I think someone looked inside my package. Custom officer or a curius man ? I don't know if I need to send a message at TMR.

Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

I don't think it's customs they would put a sticker on it that they opened it. No prying eyes either cause it's not opened enough to see much. I think it got caught in the sorting machines.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”