Vault #36

vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Re: Vault #36

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Stl_ben wrote:If this is real...I’m back!
100% in, ZFT remaster too! Stoked
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Hope that if this isn't an April fools joke they pay the musicians who played on this record a little something too.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Apparently they aren’t which is a major bummer. John French is already posting on FB just how upset he is. Cal wasn’t even contacted about his artwork, and Jess has been using trout doodles already to make her own $.

If I hadn’t been looking for the remaster for almost a year already, I would probably not pull the trigger but that album needs it and I’ve heard and read it’s an amazing job. French’s book is worth buying if anyone wants him to get a little scratch
Last edited by vandelpinkfloyd on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lautrec
Little Bird

Post by lautrec »

if tmr is limited to the White's family the risk of the repetition exists especially for the Raconteurs and even more the dead weather who do not have a lot of concert on the meter (149 and 125 according to setlist.fm and counting the passages radio or TV).
They are a bit forced to expand the range and vp36 and a real event, more than Loretta Lynn ...
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Not agree. They have a lot of artist in TMR. Brendan Benson will release a new album why not a VP? Greenhornes haven't a lot of stuffs, Black Belles either and did I mention The Upholsterers. Jack White could do something really cool. This one, not a TMR artist, I don't care and don't like it.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Yeah, I mean how hard would be to get Jack or Brendan in the booth to cover one of their favorite records front to back. Fun little project that could be done in house and would be a killer Vault IMO.

Also as always a huge fan of the idea of some sort of compilation LP of all the bands that workers at TMR are in. Either their tracks, or them covering their favorite TMR releases...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
ehartsock1991
Little Bird

Post by ehartsock1991 »

I am a bit torn on this package. I'm pretty sure in the end, I will order it, if for nothing more than having a complete set of Vaults. But at the same time, like others have said, the main reason I am a Vault subscriber is my love of Jack White's music. Something I think TMR may eventually go to is two separate Vaults, one that only has Jack White related releases (Stripes, Racs, DW, JW solo) and a more broad TMR related package. Although, that might open up another can of worms for collectors! HA!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

ehartsock1991 wrote:I am a bit torn on this package. I'm pretty sure in the end, I will order it, if for nothing more than having a complete set of Vaults. But at the same time, like others have said, the main reason I am a Vault subscriber is my love of Jack White's music. Something I think TMR may eventually go to is two separate Vaults, one that only has Jack White related releases (Stripes, Racs, DW, JW solo) and a more broad TMR related package. Although, that might open up another can of worms for collectors! HA!
TMR has already killed the collectors so I don't think people would be too worried about it.

By killed the collectors I mean, made it impossible to actually collect TMR stuff so everyone stopped trying.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I was hoping this was an April Fools joke, but it's increasingly looking like it's not. I will be skipping this one. Enjoy everyone!
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

This is awesome! If I didn't already own the LP I'd be all about it.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Apparently they aren’t which is a major bummer. John French is already posting on FB just how upset he is.
Sorry for double posts.

Do you have a link to this? I'm assuming TMR has the proper legal clearance for all of this, is it just sour grapes?
houses are full of things that gather dust
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

Melon wrote:This is awesome! If I didn't already own the LP I'd be all about it.

I don't own the LP and I'm all about it. Absolutely great stuff and fits in perfectly after Boarding House Reach. Can't wait to get this and spin it.
Very cool surprise from TMR I really didn't expect this and I hope they will put the album up on TIDAL.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Don't have the link now cause I'm at work and can't access FB. But if you search John French on FB, his comments are public so you can see where he shared the TMR post and his thoughts/concerns for not involving ANY of the original artists on the album. In his post, Cal Schenkel also commented saying that he was not involved or approached about this project, and he is still very active in the art world and still sells handmade paintings of the Trout cover. If you can't find it, I'll PM you the link a little later today. Overall I have mixed feelings knowing just how much the Magic Band has been left-out over the years (compensation wise), but this remastered album was only available on CD from ZFT for a very short time and those CD's fetch much more then this VP. Im in, but I'm not happy about the approach TMR used for this VP, seems almost like a cash grab. No original art work/lyrics sheet either which is a major bummer for me.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

The rights for this album are in the Zappa fund but still , they could have at least informed them.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
ehartsock1991
Little Bird

Post by ehartsock1991 »

higherlimits wrote: TMR has already killed the collectors so I don't think people would be too worried about it.

By killed the collectors I mean, made it impossible to actually collect TMR stuff so everyone stopped trying.

Sadly, this is true. Trying to buy and collect EVERYTHING is just near impossible, short of winning the lotto.