Vault #36

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #36

Post by Stl_ben »

ehartsock1991 wrote:
higherlimits wrote: TMR has already killed the collectors so I don't think people would be too worried about it.

By killed the collectors I mean, made it impossible to actually collect TMR stuff so everyone stopped trying.

Sadly, this is true. Trying to buy and collect EVERYTHING is just near impossible, short of winning the lotto.
Why would one want to collect EVERYTHING?
With the wide variety of music they release now it seems unlikely anyone would like ALL of the music they release. I mean how many people like T-shirt, Wanda Jackson, Fucked Up, and Pearl Jam....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Well, if 35 didn't do me in, it looks like 36 will...
he is everything i hate...
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

This has never come across my radar. I'm giving it a go on YouTube now and I just don't have time to get into this. If it's not an April Fool's joke, I'm getting out
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

Melon wrote:
vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Apparently they aren’t which is a major bummer. John French is already posting on FB just how upset he is.
Sorry for double posts.

Do you have a link to this? I'm assuming TMR has the proper legal clearance for all of this, is it just sour grapes?
grapes have been sour for so long that they are bad wine. Not saying it is right, but French never got what he deserved for that record and thinking that he should get a piece of this release is just silly. It is not that anyone is stealing his work - he just got a shit deal from the guy he was working for. I would guess that his gripe is directed at ZFT and not JW. To be honest i am not thrilled about supporting Ahmet, but it is about the art for me... not the politics and personailties.
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
chris865
Little Ghost

Post by chris865 »

Must be an April Fool!!

Not something i've ever come across either but the release will be for some folks, but, i'd say 80%+ would not be interested.

Release it on TMR but not as a VP.......
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

FUCK. YES.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Hell, I just wish they could’ve done just a little more with the release outside of a colored record and a clearer cover. I know each year there has to be a cost effective package, but... why THIS album!? Between this and the Tarantino release, these are two of my dream collaborations from Third Man and look what they did with that behemoth. I know this is the beginning of a partnership, and hopefully that means a lot more releases down the pipeline and can I FINALLY get a proper fucking Captain Beefheart shirt!?
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

May be the first Vault I skip in 9 years.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

I’m in as I have every vault at this point. I like the album although I’m more interested in first pressings and not limited colored records, so from that standpoint I’m disappointed.

Oh yeah and no more totes!!!
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

chaptertwentyone wrote: FINALLY get a proper fucking Captain Beefheart shirt!?
There's several authorized CB T's out there, they're all kind of repetitive but very easy to find. Jess Rotter (tote artist) has a pretty cool trout doodle T very similar to the tote from this VP that she said she will be putting out very soon (again, sold out very quickly on the first run). They're stupid expensive though, I think $50-60 for the T plus shipping :roll:
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Somewhere out there is the Fonz, some water skis and a shark...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

elduderino wrote:Somewhere out there is the Fonz, some water skis and a shark...
Really this is the point you think they jumped the shark? THink you are about 6 years too late on that shark.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
chaptertwentyone
Little People

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote: FINALLY get a proper fucking Captain Beefheart shirt!?
There's several authorized CB T's out there, they're all kind of repetitive but very easy to find. Jess Rotter (tote artist) has a pretty cool trout doodle T very similar to the tote from this VP that she said she will be putting out very soon (again, sold out very quickly on the first run). They're stupid expensive though, I think $50-60 for the T plus shipping :roll:
:)
Post some links!
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

On top of that, I’m sure they’ll be putting out a standard black pressing right? Maybe they’ll finally toss that joker on Tidal.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Stl_ben wrote:
elduderino wrote:Somewhere out there is the Fonz, some water skis and a shark...
Really this is the point you think they jumped the shark? THink you are about 6 years too late on that shark.
And so sayeth Seattle Ben, king of durps.