Vault #35

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #35

Post by trickster »

Vault35-Webmockup-Retina-1.jpg
In conjunction with this album announcement, we are pleased to reveal the contents of the BOARDING HOUSE REACH-themed Vault Package #35 which will be the ONLY limited edition of the new album, with subscriptions open today through January 31. The new package is highlighted by a limited edition, colored vinyl version of BOARDING HOUSE REACH that will be the only vinyl variation of the LP to be made available. Pressed at Third Man Pressing in the Cass Corridor of Detroit, the 180-gram, blue and black swirl vinyl edition features exclusive Vault-only cover art which dramatically depicts White's stylized face and is printed on arresting holographic foil paper in the classic Stoughton tip-on style. The LP is further accompanied by a unique-to-this-package 12" x 24" insert featuring the complete album lyrics

The BOARDING HOUSE REACH Vault package also includes a two-song demo 7-inch single, offering up embryonic versions of "Connected By Love" and the album track, "Why Walk a Dog?" The former take - billed here under its original title, "Infected By Love" - was recorded entirely by White in the aforementioned Nashville apartment. White found keyboard tones on this recording that the world's most seasoned session musicians could not recreate in the studio and thus, some of those tones were sourced from this simple demo to be utilized on the final album version. Meanwhile, "Why Walk a Dog?" was recorded, like much of the BOARDING HOUSE REACH demos, alone at his private songwriting refuge. With its expressive synth and drum machine cadence, the track is overtly hypnotic even in this early state. Indeed, the "Connected By Love" and "Why Walk a Dog?" single provides a fascinating insight into White's process, revealing the creative progression of his songs from inception to completion.

In addition to the recorded material, Vault Package #35 comes with three separate and exclusive photographs shot during BOARDING HOUSE REACH recording sessions. Taken by noted photographer -- and White's longtime friend -- David Swanson at Sear Sound in New York and Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, these large-format, high quality glossy reproductions are exclusive to the Vault. The photographs will be coupled with three foil-stamped poetry broadsides, printed on silky metallic papers (black, white, and blue) containing White's poems from the new album tracks, "Abulia and Akrasia," "Ezmerelda Steals the Show," and "Get in the Mind Shaft."

BOARDING HOUSE REACH Vault Package #35 will also include, for the third year running, a custom 2018 Third Man Records challenge coin, complete with album-specific artwork. The substantial and stylish coin doubles as a 45 adaptor and grants its holder 10% off purchases in both Third Man Records storefronts. Past Third Man Challenge coins will no longer be valid at Third Man storefronts once Vault Package #35 ships.

Third Man Vault subscriptions are open now through January 31. All BOARDING HOUSE REACH Vault packages will ship to arrive on and as close to the album's official March 23 street date. Learn more about this package, additional Vault benefits and subscribe now at Third Man Records.
BOARDING HOUSE REACH TRACK LIST

1. Connected By Love / 2. Why Walk A Dog? / 3. Corporation / 4. Abulia and Akrasia / 5. Hypermisophoniac / 6. Ice Station Zebra / 7. Over and Over and Over / 8. Everything You've Ever Learned / 9. Respect Commander / 10. Ezmerelda Steals The Show / 11. Get In The Mind Shaft / 12. What's Done Is Done / 13. Humoresque
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Mick III
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #35

Post by Mick III »

:o Beautiful. I am so excited to get it.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Knew it was coming but a bit underwhelmed. Whenever the main LP is a variant of a standard album release, the other parts of the package really need to make up for it. I don't think it does this time.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

pass. Maybe the record will come out and blow me away and Ill have to track one down on ebay....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

The substantial and stylish coin doubles as a 45 adaptor and grants its holder 10% off purchases in both Third Man Records storefronts. Past Third Man Challenge coins will no longer be valid at Third Man storefronts once Vault Package #35 ships.

haha, oh the lulz.

this might be the end of the road for the 'duder...
he is everything i hate...
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

trickster wrote: White found keyboard tones on this recording that the world's most seasoned session musicians could not recreate in the studio and thus, some of those tones were sourced from this simple demo to be utilized on the final album version.
I found this to be the most interesting part. I guess I'm in because I want the new album regardless but also feel this VP is lacking.
schrik
Little Bird

Post by schrik »

Being from canada, i don't feel i can justify spending nearly 100$ for this.

As much as i was hyped for the last few vault package, i think i'll let this one pass.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:Knew it was coming but a bit underwhelmed. Whenever the main LP is a variant of a standard album release, the other parts of the package really need to make up for it. I don't think it does this time.
+1 here
I am not sure what to do with all the extra photos and post cards and posters that the vaults include. I would rather have something I can use or listen to
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

That album artwork... blegh. Reminiscent of that awful skull poster and reminiscent of my thoughts on that; “It looks like a Walmart t-shirt.”
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:Knew it was coming but a bit underwhelmed. Whenever the main LP is a variant of a standard album release, the other parts of the package really need to make up for it. I don't think it does this time.
+1 here
I am not sure what to do with all the extra photos and post cards and posters that the vaults include. I would rather have something I can use or listen to
wanna scrapbook with me?
he is everything i hate...
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

Easy pass for me. These days I definitely can't afford to spend £60 so I can get different artwork and 2 demos I'll listen to once or twice. I'm only really interested in things I can listen to or watch. I wish new studio albums weren't included in the Vault.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy, but neither artwork really blows me away. I far prefer the Vault one though.

I've not listened to either new track yet, deliberately, but I am looking forward to it.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

The standard LP will be what like $25 right?

The package looks nice but almost three times more for just 2 extra demos? I've grown to not only not care but dislike silly things like challenge coins & photographs. Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.
houses are full of things that gather dust
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.
Think again.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

schrik wrote:Being from canada, i don't feel i can justify spending nearly 100$ for this.

As much as i was hyped for the last few vault package, i think i'll let this one pass.
I truly understand. The difference between dollars and euros was close, and when I paid 80$ it was like 75 euros. It started to be a lot of money and I didn't know if I will continue. And of course I started to choice which vault package deserved 75 euros. Now 80$ it is more like 65 euros, and it is acceptable and I "win" 10 euros. But if one day 80$ is 100€ I will stop for sure.