Vault #35

GoGoHarlemBaby
Little Bird

Re: Vault #35

Post by GoGoHarlemBaby »

I would've been a pass but I forgot to cancel my subscription (after re-signing up for the awesome previous package) and got charged before this was announced...my days of collecting limited editions of widely available music are behind me so I'm always peeved to see packages like this come out.

I wish they would keep the vault to rarities. As someone above said, an LP of the demos Jack recorded would've been a package much more well worth it to me...and I wish they'd stop with paper goods, I am amassing a pile of random non-music or dvd vault stuff on top of my record shelf that I have no close what to do with...
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

trickster wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.
Think again.
hmm i suppose it'll be on Spotify right? haha

Sometimes seemingly strange artwork choices grow once I've heard the album.
I’m sure it’ll grow... like a weed.
Quite possibly the worst LP art ever...WTF, did some high school kid just learning photoshop put that together? (Let the flaming commence.)
I was thinking the same
Why would they use such a bad composition for the cover artwork?
Maybe to match it's bad "musical" content.?
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

It reminds me of the style of the nutjob Olivia chose to do her last single.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

To me it looks like a David Bowie cover.
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:I would've been a pass but I forgot to cancel my subscription (after re-signing up for the awesome previous package) and got charged before this was announced...my days of collecting limited editions of widely available music are behind me so I'm always peeved to see packages like this come out.

I wish they would keep the vault to rarities. As someone above said, an LP of the demos Jack recorded would've been a package much more well worth it to me...and I wish they'd stop with paper goods, I am amassing a pile of random non-music or dvd vault stuff on top of my record shelf that I have no close what to do with...
It's personal preference I guess. I love that this LP and the last Dead Weather LP were both given exclusive pressings to the Vault. There are only so many 'rarities' that Third Man can produce without getting repetitive.... which to some people is happening.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

jerrytimes wrote:
GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:I would've been a pass but I forgot to cancel my subscription (after re-signing up for the awesome previous package) and got charged before this was announced...my days of collecting limited editions of widely available music are behind me so I'm always peeved to see packages like this come out.

It's personal preference I guess. I love that this LP and the last Dead Weather LP were both given exclusive pressings to the Vault. There are only so many 'rarities' that Third Man can produce without getting repetitive.... which to some people is happening.
I still can't get over the fact that they managed to sucker me into two Vault versions of D&B though...like I'll ever listen to all those 7" singles. Ooh, but they did come w/that fancy cardboard box. :lol:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

I'm actually OK with vault exclusive versions of new LPs if it's done right. The issue I've been having with the vault lately is the unnecessary trinkets. I have no space/time in my life for extra paper, challenge coins, big cardboard boxes... I'll put up with it if there something epic in the package but 2 demos isn't enough (personally).

If it had been even an EP of demos I would have been 100% in. If it had been a double LP version of the record & the same demo 7" this would've been a tough decision.

Having said that my interest in this LP is growing day by day. Hoping I can hold out till after the deadline so I don't pull the trigger and blow $60 :lol:
houses are full of things that gather dust
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

As an international fan I am always happy to see the limited version of a new JW related release as part of a new vault.
It is either that or be completely blocked from having a chance to get it because of the non online sales.
So thank god it is part of V35.
Plus, how can they find unreleased material all the time for each Vault pack?
As long it is a JW band I am happy with whatever it is part of the pack.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
chaptertwentyone
Little People

They just posted a little reminder/preview video showing off the LP in hand and as awful as that cover is, I am intrigued.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Post by edwardcarlton »

They’ve had copies of the LP sleeve and all the extras in the package in the store for weeks.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Neat-o.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

Post by DoctorTran37 »

chaptertwentyone wrote:They just posted a little reminder/preview video showing off the LP in hand and as awful as that cover is, I am intrigued.
The video actually sold me a bit more on the cover. I think the mock up doesn’t do it kich justice. That said, it’s still not my favorite, but preferred over the normal cover.
Last edited by DoctorTran37 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I agree; the vault LP cover is certainly better than the standard
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Same vault cover looks better than standard but still no favourite. Gonna save some money if they use this on t-shirts etc.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Copenhagen1822
Little Bird

Post by Copenhagen1822 »

Is the Third Man Records "Vault" worth the subscription? I admire what Jack has done with that record label and wouldn't mind having the 10% off entire store coupon, access to the chatroom in which Jack sometimes makes an appearance? (Anyone seen this?, been a part of it?), but I am really only a fan of The white stripes, Jack's solo stuff, the bands like Neil Young, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam, etc, and the old blues artists he has re-mastered and put out on vinyl, not any other bands on that label. What are the quarterly packages like and how often do they contain records/items that I would actually like to own? I don't want to pay for a stack of stuff by bands I have never heard of or will ever listen to, not that I don't respect their work, but I am just old and stuck in my ways I guess.