Vault #34

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault #34

Post by arewhyehen »

trickster wrote:Maybe they ll change their minds and make a box instead.
Crossing fingers
I would like that as well
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Crossing fingers
Box = another fire starter.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Crossing fingers
Box = another fire starter.
I will take any that you don't want.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i'll give it a shot. can't beat 3 LPs for $60. They've been going big lately I dig.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

My package is on the way. Last name P in France. ;)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Let’s see, let’s see. It arrived within forty eight hours of my tracking being sent which was pretty neat. I spent the last ten minutes unpacking it, checking to make sure everything was there, flat, and in order, and then marveling at it and thinking to myself; “How can they keep outdoing themselves!?” Just as this thought finished and my next thought turned to how I’d sing this release’s praises on here as I gently slid, and I mean gently, two of the LP’s into the slipcase at once out a piece of the shoulder of one of the white blood cell figures on the die cut cover. Be VERY careful with these die cut covers. They are fragile. A beautiful set, but fragile.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

When do you guys think 35 will be announced? Jack solo sneak peak likely?
houses are full of things that gather dust
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Melon wrote:When do you guys think 35 will be announced? Jack solo sneak peak likely?
Think there is a pretty elaborate graph/chart around here of when vaults are announced...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kwreck
Little Bird

Post by Kwreck »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Let’s see, let’s see. It arrived within forty eight hours of my tracking being sent which was pretty neat. I spent the last ten minutes unpacking it, checking to make sure everything was there, flat, and in order, and then marveling at it and thinking to myself; “How can they keep outdoing themselves!?” Just as this thought finished and my next thought turned to how I’d sing this release’s praises on here as I gently slid, and I mean gently, two of the LP’s into the slipcase at once out a piece of the shoulder of one of the white blood cell figures on the die cut cover. Be VERY careful with these die cut covers. They are fragile. A beautiful set, but fragile.
I had this exact same experience going through the set today! Fortunately, the one cover remained intact, but one of its cut-out shapes got a bit bent. The slipcase is incredibly tight, which is unfortunate considering how delicate the album covers are. I found that very carefully placing all three LPs into the case at the same time worked best to prevent damage, but even then, you have to be very careful with them. As such, this is my least favorite packaging for any Vault I've received so far (since roughly #23 or so, with one or two skipped).
DoctorTran37
Little Cream Soda

Post by DoctorTran37 »

Kwreck wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:Let’s see, let’s see. It arrived within forty eight hours of my tracking being sent which was pretty neat. I spent the last ten minutes unpacking it, checking to make sure everything was there, flat, and in order, and then marveling at it and thinking to myself; “How can they keep outdoing themselves!?” Just as this thought finished and my next thought turned to how I’d sing this release’s praises on here as I gently slid, and I mean gently, two of the LP’s into the slipcase at once out a piece of the shoulder of one of the white blood cell figures on the die cut cover. Be VERY careful with these die cut covers. They are fragile. A beautiful set, but fragile.
I had this exact same experience going through the set today! Fortunately, the one cover remained intact, but one of its cut-out shapes got a bit bent. The slipcase is incredibly tight, which is unfortunate considering how delicate the album covers are. I found that very carefully placing all three LPs into the case at the same time worked best to prevent damage, but even then, you have to be very careful with them. As such, this is my least favorite packaging for any Vault I've received so far (since roughly #23 or so, with one or two skipped).
The golden dollar volume for seems to be the most prone to tears since it has more odd jetting shapes to it, so I’ve just been putting that one in first laying flat in the box, And then putting the other two in.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Excited to give these a spin. Mine had no issues with bending or being too tight. Putting all 3 slips in at once did seem to work best. At work now, but anyone wanna share thoughts on sound?
a meg me da medo
Little Cream Soda

Post by a meg me da medo »

Yeah, vault# 34 arrived today.

S in germany.

looks amazing, the die cuts are fragile of course,
but look beautiful.
just one inner sleeve has a dink

I like these slider pack.
freshly small instead to the big-big-big icky box

and no toll paid yeah!
otherwise i had to pick it up at the badest post office on this planet.
... all they got inside is incompetency. :-)

merry X-mas to y'all

300mph
ammmdm :mrgreen:
myISO: i wish i have... click here
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Lucky man. Still nothing for me. Arrived at Paris the 15th and that's it. None news since this date.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Mick III wrote:Lucky man. Still nothing for me. Arrived at Paris the 15th and that's it. None news since this date.
I hope you have seen your now; mine finally showed up today. Damn I like how this all looks. Can't wait to get a few hours to listen through these a few times. :thumbup:
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I just received the package today too. Damned 1 month, it is a new record for my postal service...
I loved the package and the design. I listen the first show right now. Great sound and love the tracklist. Love Sick with the piano is so beutiful.