Vault #32

Jamie
Little Ghost

Vault #32

Post by Jamie »

Hot on the heels of the release of their debut album Horehound, The Dead Weather played an absolutely incendiary set at the legendary Mayan Theater in Los Angeles on August 26th, 2009. This fiery performance captures the band at their most feral and raw, firing on all cylinders, full of broken glass, black leather and strobe lights. For YEARS this show has been whispered about as one of the best shows the band has ever played, so now felt a better time than ever to release this performance into the world. Featuring audio expertly mixed by Grammy Award-winner Vance Powell, the immersive concert film The Dead Weather: Live at the Mayan directed by Vern Moen is revelatory. The band’s signature gems like “Hang You From the Heavens” and “Treat Me Like Your Mother” sit pretty with explosive non-album B-sides like “You Just Can’t Win” (originally by Them) and “A Child of a Few Hours is Burning to Death” (originally by the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band). The companion audio of Live at the Mayan marks the first-ever live LP from The Dead Weather’s first year and serves as a blistering reminder as to why this band still matters. Your stereo will thank you…your neighbors, maybe not so much.

Coupled with the LP/DVD of the Mayan performance is the final 7” 45rpm installment from the Dodge and Burn album. As folks should remember, every song from the band’s acclaimed 2015 album was exclusively released on 7” format via the Vault. “Three Dollar Hat” b/w “Lose the Right” on beautiful black and yellow vinyl is the final piece of the puzzle. As a special treat, subscribers for Vault Package #32 will receive a deluxe box to house ALL six singles from Dodge and Burn Vault releases.

The Dead Weather: Live at the Mayan
180-gram LP*** and DVD

60 Feet Tall
Hang You From the Heavens
You Just Can’t Win (originally by Them)
So Far From Your Weapon
A Child of a Few Hours is Burning to Death (originally by the West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band)
No Hassle Night
Will There Be Enough Water?
I Cut Like a Buffalo
Treat Me Like Your Mother
New Pony (originally by Bob Dylan)

7-inch on stormy yellow and black vinyl***
“Three Dollar Hat” b/w “Lose the Right”
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #32

Post by Jamie »

Personally very disappointed, and not just because I don't like Dead Weather all that much.

An LP of a 10 song set, a DVD of the exact same 10 song set and a 7" of two studio album tracks.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Very excited!
This got me to sign back up!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, fan-girl haters, prepare to be stunned because this fan-girl's reaction to this package is a great big "meh". Cool that it's the Mayan show from 2009 as opposed to a show from 2010, but that's the closest thing to excitement that I can summon up for an all-Dead Weather package.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:Personally very disappointed, and not just because I don't like Dead Weather all that much.

An LP of a 10 song set, a DVD of the exact same 10 song set and a 7" of two studio album tracks.
Yeah...meh.

Bring on the RSD announcement...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Does anyone else remember Jack mentioning months ago in Vault chat that they'd done something with Three Dollar Hat that we were going to love? What is that and where is it?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Does anyone else remember Jack mentioning months ago in Vault chat that they'd done something with Three Dollar Hat that we were going to love? What is that and where is it?
he just signed on the vault chat...go ask

im not a member currently so i cant..haha
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Yessssssss!!!!
Finally a good one!
As expected they added a 7" box for the D&B 7" set (the only TDW I like a lot)!

And a show that brings back memories of that epic first summer of the TMR and TDW years.
:D :clap: :thumbup:
And here is a high quality version of the mock up pic
Vault32-webmockup-Retina-1100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Does anyone else remember Jack mentioning months ago in Vault chat that they'd done something with Three Dollar Hat that we were going to love? What is that and where is it?

I don't do Vault chat, haven't for a few years.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

arewhyehen wrote:

<Jack White> the flip side of the 3 dollar hat single was going to be run the jewels doing a version of the song, but alas it never came to be, that's why it took us so long to finally put out in the vault
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Glad its a live dead weather album, been wanting one for a while. Agree with the disappointment in the DVD though. i think i've only watched one of them since the first one they put in a package. If it was a different show, maybe I'd find it useful but otherwise it just sits on the shelf
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

trickster wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

<Jack White> the flip side of the 3 dollar hat single was going to be run the jewels doing a version of the song, but alas it never came to be, that's why it took us so long to finally put out in the vault
That's what he thought would blow all our minds?
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Passing again but I feel like it was closer to grabbing me than some of the last few. If I had been at that show I'd be super stoked.
houses are full of things that gather dust
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Seems interesting but not anything that i want to spend ~$100 CAD on.

I'd really like another VP from Lazaratto era...
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

He made 2 comments about the new Vault so putting this here
jw.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.