Vault 32 Pre-Announcement Discourse

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault 32 Pre-Announcement Discourse

Post by rsimms3 »

The Fonz is getting restless....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They just posted photos from Lillie Mae's show.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Today's my birthday if it helps...
he is everything i hate...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

FINALLY posted... I'll let you guys check it out and see what you think.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Dead Weather vault....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Jamie wrote:There's still one more Dead Weather single to come.
Called it.

Anyone else really hate it when they include a DVD of the same show featured on the LP?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:
Called it.

Anyone else really hate it when they include a DVD of the same show featured on the LP?
I just hate DVD's in general. Who uses them anymore? I would prefer Bluray, even if it meant I had to pay extra..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:I just hate DVD's in general. Who uses them anymore?
Uhhhh... Everyone who doesn't own a blu-ray device?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I just hate DVD's in general. Who uses them anymore?
Uhhhh... Everyone who doesn't own a blu-ray device?
Come on...the players cost less than $100 now. :lol:

The only reason I prefer bluray is so that I can rip the video and store it on my hard drive/WD box with all my other live shows/documentaries.
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Called it.

I just hate DVD's in general. Who uses them anymore? I would prefer Bluray, even if it meant I had to pay extra..
Totally agree with you. DVD is just such poor quality.... obviously it would be quite a hustle to have individual DVD/Bluray-Orders, but we also don't have CD's in it so why not change to something much better quality (I know nearly no one has this really new bluray-thing at home :D it's only like 10 years on the market).
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

benyo wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Called it.

Totally agree with you. DVD is just such poor quality.... obviously it would be quite a hustle to have individual DVD/Bluray-Orders, but we also don't have CD's in it so why not change to something much better quality (I know nearly no one has this really new bluray-thing at home :D it's only like 10 years on the market).
Haha, yeah. Even blu ray discs are going extinct. I was at the store the other day and I saw a guy buy 6 or 8 of them for $60 on clearance. I remember when they used to be $50 each. Netflix killed that industry. I just prefer to have the HD rips for my collection.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

the power of the dude's birthday is not to be trifled with.

you're all welcome.
he is everything i hate...
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

arewhyehen wrote:
benyo wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Called it.

Haha, yeah. Even blu ray discs are going extinct. I was at the store the other day and I saw a guy buy 6 or 8 of them for $60 on clearance. I remember when they used to be $50 each. Netflix killed that industry. I just prefer to have the HD rips for my collection.
Have to say it's not true. There are just as many people who collect records as who collect blu ray/dvd. For film lovers that's the best way to COLLECT, just like music lovers to records, the physicality of it. I dislike to have video and pics and stuff on a hard drive. Blu ray of course is better but DVD played on a blu ray device generally the quality improved 30% so.. The DVD format is not the problem at all but the contents. Remember last Jack acoustic show that promised special contents? HUGE disappointment. And Loretta Lynn one, too short that don't deserve a whole disc. TMR seems not care about DVD enough, DVD format has a great potential to be SPECIAL, like a LP or 7' has.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Fanldor III wrote:Have to say it's not true. There are just as many people who collect records as who collect blu ray/dvd. For film lovers that's the best way to COLLECT, just like music lovers to records, the physicality of it. I dislike to have video and pics and stuff on a hard drive. Blu ray of course is better but DVD played on a blu ray device generally the quality improved 30% so.. The DVD format is not the problem at all but the contents. Remember last Jack acoustic show that promised special contents? HUGE disappointment. And Loretta Lynn one, too short that don't deserve a whole disc. TMR seems not care about DVD enough, DVD format has a great potential to be SPECIAL, like a LP or 7' has.
Holy shit dude..What is not true? You just here to disagree with anything I say? I don't see anywhere that we said nobody collects DVD's or Blurays. I just said that with the price of bluray players and discs dropping to the point they have, there is no reason for people not to have a bluray player now days. They have been on the market for 10+ years. Yes, Netflix HAS killed the video industry. That is why almost every video renting store in North America has shut down and you can buy dvd/bluray for so cheap. People stream movies on Netflix or on demand. I never said nobody collects them... And for what it's worth, the people who collect dvd/blurays is a very small portion of the market. Just like people who collect vinyl are a small portion of the music market..