Vault 32 Pre-Announcement Discourse

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault 32 Pre-Announcement Discourse

Post by arewhyehen »

Fanldor III wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Fanldor III wrote:It's already officially the latest vault announcement..and rsd announcement is later than last year too
Yeah, 1/3 of the month is over which means it better be good for all those who have already paid.

Their RSD announcement is always late, but in their defence, RSD is a week later that it normally is...so Hopefully in the next day or two..
The whole RSD thing is already really not that enjoyable for us overseas fans, the later they announce the less prepare time for people actually considering fly in to be a part of it. 10 days notice is too short to arrange a abroad trip.

ps last year's RSD announcement came in half a month earlier. Oh well.
Agreed. It is pretty frustrating. I am in Canada, so not as far as you, but it's tough to get an announcement and then have to tell my boss "oh hey, I need to take 3 days off next week." So, I have had to ask for the time off awhile back and book everything before even knowing...Now with two stores, I need to hope I picked the right one..
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Fanldor III wrote:The whole RSD thing is already really not that enjoyable for us overseas fans, the later they announce the less prepare time for people actually considering fly in to be a part of it. 10 days notice is too short to arrange a abroad trip.

You are preaching to the wrong choir on this one....Ryan comes in from out of the country....even with only a few days notice some times...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
Fanldor III wrote:The whole RSD thing is already really not that enjoyable for us overseas fans, the later they announce the less prepare time for people actually considering fly in to be a part of it. 10 days notice is too short to arrange a abroad trip.

You are preaching to the wrong choir on this one....Ryan comes in from out of the country....even with only a few days notice some times...
Yeah, but don't think it doesn't frustrate me or piss off my boss. I have had to make a few trips without time off and then make the call from my car (while in line at TMR) that I was too sick to make it into work that day...not the best way to get on the good side of my boss.

Too often my trips to Nashville are me driving through the night after work on Thursday. Getting to TMR in the morning or early afternoon on Friday, Waiting in line all day/night. Spending the Day at TMR on Saturday and then Driving back on Sunday...

This year I finally said screw it and booked a week off so I can spend more time down there for my birthday.
Last edited by arewhyehen on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Yeah, but don't think it doesn't frustrate me or piss off my boss. I have had to make a few trips without time off and then make the call from my car (while in line at TMR) that I was too sick to make it into work that day...not the best way to get on the good side of my boss.
Oh I understand completely...I have made a couple calls while I was mid drive.
Heck for the Pearl Jam show I just told my boss I had to leave work and walk out and started driving...and I didn't even get in!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Oh I understand completely...I have made a couple calls while I was mid drive.
Heck for the Pearl Jam show I just told my boss I had to leave work and walk out and started driving...and I didn't even get in!
Yeah, that was rough for me. I was already on a plane to Toronto (with no plans) so I would have gotten a plane to Nashville instead with more heads up.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Stl_ben wrote:

I don't know do Canadians need a Visa application and a compulsory EVUS enrollment and an average 900 usd/15 hour flight to get in? :D
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Fanldor III wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

I don't know do Canadians need a Visa application and a compulsory EVUS enrollment and an average 900 usd/15 hour flight to get in? :D
More and more they do need Visas, I don't know what EVUS is, and guessing his flight would be about half that time/cost...

My point was more if you want to go, go regardless of what will be there...if thats your thing then you are sure to have a good time.
If you are only going to buy a specific item...I can't think of any RSD items that cost as much as your $900 flight would so maybe ebay is your better bet!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Fanldor III wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

Nope, my flights are about $700 round trip. I can't afford that, so I drive. That takes me about 14 hours each way.
Fanldor III
Little Bird

Post by Fanldor III »

Stl_ben wrote:
Fanldor III wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

More and more they do need Visas, I don't know what EVUS is, and guessing his flight would be about half that time/cost...

My point was more if you want to go, go regardless of what will be there...if thats your thing then you are sure to have a good time.
If you are only going to buy a specific item...I can't think of any RSD items that cost as much as your $900 flight would so maybe ebay is your better bet!
And my point being a few extra to prepare is much better. Not being how much it cost or whatnot. Hell if it's anything I think is worth the trip, of course not 900 usb worth but I'll still go for a fun. Is a early heads up too much for asking now?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Fanldor III wrote: Is a early heads up too much for asking now?
With TMR, yes. Hey at least with RSD you know what the day is in advance. But overall they seldom give more than 2 weeks notice on anything....
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Fanldor III wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Fanldor III wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:

And my point being a few extra to prepare is much better. Not being how much it cost or whatnot. Hell if it's anything I think is worth the trip, of course not 900 usb worth but I'll still go for a fun. Is a early heads up too much for asking now?
Canadians don't require visas. The visa process for travelling is quite cumbersome actually and can take months to process. I did need a visa once for business travel to the US and it took forever and I needed to hire a law firm to get it done.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

higherlimits wrote: Canadians don't require visas. The visa process for travelling is quite cumbersome actually and can take months to process. I did need a visa once for business travel to the US and it took forever and I needed to hire a law firm to get it done.
Have you came to the US this year? With trumps new rules more and more Canadians are being turned away at the boarder if they don't have Visas.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I have a Mastercard instead.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
higherlimits wrote: Canadians don't require visas. The visa process for travelling is quite cumbersome actually and can take months to process. I did need a visa once for business travel to the US and it took forever and I needed to hire a law firm to get it done.
Have you came to the US this year? With trumps new rules more and more Canadians are being turned away at the boarder if they don't have Visas.
Especially those mexican canadians.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Especially those mexican canadians.
Just regular canadians too!
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/29/521920595 ... heckpoints