Vault #30

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #30

Post by trickster »

Third Man is happy to announce the contents of our 30th Vault package, our final offering of 2016. This time around we wanted to showcase something special from every one of Jack White's wide berth of musical projects, as well as some really cool extras from a pretty special event that fans were able to catch a glimpse of during Sunday's Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown Nashville episode, but weren't able to hear in full. We got so excited putting this package together we decided to break with tradition and offer 2 full LPs for the first time.

Read on, readers...

Live at Disgraceland: From Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown LP
Anthony Bourdain and his team descended on Nashville hungry for culture and knowledge (as well as hot chicken, tasting plates, and tequila); they visited every nook and cranny of this town, hung with the locals, ate like czars, partied like rock stars, and woke up every morning fresh as daisies and ready to do it again. Parts Unknown does not come to your city in order to present a slide show of tourist spots and magazine cover spreads. Bourdain wants to understand what makes a city tick. He has a knack for getting down to the marrow of how a town's denizens think and live, why they do what they do in their community, and how that relates to the country at large in this time and place, Earth 2016. This is a man after our own heart and we were so happy to welcome him into our world for a few, too-short days. Their time here culminated with a rager of party at Disgraceland (location... unknown) where The Dead Weather, The Kills, and William Tyler all played jaw dropping electric live sets, living room style, to a house full of well-fed, newly tattooed, appreciative friends. Wish you could have been there? Wish granted: we present the night's musical entertainment in full for your listening pleasure...

The Dead Weather
1. Hang You From The Heavens
2. Gasoline
3. I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)

The Kills
1. Heart of a Dog
2. Impossible Tracks
3. Whirling Eye

William Tyler
1.We Can't Go Home Again
2. I'm Gonna Liver Forever (If it Kills Me)
3. Area Code 601

The Raconteurs - Live at Irving Plaza NYC April 7th 2006 LP
It's been just over ten years since the first Raconteurs show on American soil. This release celebrates that momentous occasion with another hard slab of wax from the infamous Third Man Records tape vaults. Featuring cover art inspired by the original concert poster by long time visual collaborator Rob Jones, and featuring a set of songs that would prove to be classics, this album is a solid testament to the early fury and energy of those nascent and exciting times when The Raconteurs were first introduced to the world on the live stage.

Full set list:

Level
Intimate Secretary
Hands
Steady, As She Goes
Together
House
Store Bought Bones
Call It A Day
Yellow Sun
Broken Boy Soldier
Five on the Five
It Ain't Easy
Blue Veins

Jack White / The White Stripes Double A-Side split 7" "Love is the Truth (acoustic mix)" b/w "City Lights"
Two previously unheard, beautiful, and haunting Jack White compositions recently released on the Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 compilation paired together for this Vault only blue and red splatter 7" vinyl in a heavy paper stock sleeve. This will be the only physical version of this 7" available... ever.

Third Man Records Silk Screened Pennant
Show you're a part of our family. Fly it with pride.

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Vault #30

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Ah, hell yeah! New Stripes single, cool LP's. This is why I joined the Vault right here. Awesome.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That Raconteurs LP has me drooling. The 7" has me grinning. The Disgraceland lp will look cool sitting on my shelf inside the Vault 30 box. Need to find a place on the wall for the pennant.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

This is amazing!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Kali Durga wrote:That Raconteurs LP has me drooling. The 7" has me grinning. The Disgraceland lp will look cool sitting on my shelf inside the Vault 30 box. Need to find a place on the wall for the pennant.
I think I'm more excited about the Disgraceland LP than I am the Racs, but I'm loving both!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:That Raconteurs LP has me drooling. The 7" has me grinning. The Disgraceland lp will look cool sitting on my shelf inside the Vault 30 box. Need to find a place on the wall for the pennant.
I think I'm more excited about the Disgraceland LP than I am the Racs, but I'm loving both!
It's 2006 Racs!! They were fucking killer then, so unhinged. I can't wait to hear this show. And with fanged Teddy on the sleeve, no less, this is going to be a beautiful lp.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I think the Raconteurs cover is my favorite part.
Overall, not bad.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

These two LPs are exactly what the Vault SHOULD be. Very pleased. :clap:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

I will be resubscribing! :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I love that they included William Tyler's set on the Disgraceland album. He's so damned good, definitely deserves this sort of promotion.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Looove the vault!! Awesome package

Third man is miles above any other label when it comes to vinyl releases
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Damnit! When's the final Dead Weather single coming?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

damn cool package. A lot of cool music. Might actually grab 2.

I like that all the splatter is done on clear vinyl. Have some cool splatter variants on clear vinyl. Turns out much better than on colour most of the time.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:Damnit! When's the final Dead Weather single coming?
The only one I've wanted is the one they won't give us.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I am back in the Vault ! This is really nice ! I love it. We didn't have many live from Dead Weather (I haven't one because I don't have VP5), so this is nice to have 3 songs in live. :mrgreen: The Raconteurs is really cool. I love the Live in London, at TMR and at The Ryman Auditorium but I have also the bootleg (the only one I have) from Leeds festival and it is a real beauty. So powerful, so cool, a little thing more special. So I am so excited for this one. 2 new 7" one from WS and one from JW solo carrier is cool too. And finally the bonus is really fun and lovely. Great VP for Christmas.