vault packaging question

Gojikranz
Little Bird

vault packaging question

Post by Gojikranz »

has the 7" always been packed inside the 12"

I ask because I was at my local record store and someone had sold some vault packages I got Boscobel blues which I had been on the lookout for for 40 bucks!

that was great enough but then I opened it and discovered the hello operator picture disc inside! apparently it was truly never opened.

they also had a vault singles compilation (I don't recall which at the moment) and wanda Jackson.

so I was just wondering if I got those would I find some 7" records (maybe 2 on the singles compilation) inside? I already have the 12" components but I am missing the 7"s from the singles compilation vault packages so might be worth the risk to grab it.

thanks for any recollections you may have!

p.s. I morbidly presume whoever owned these must have died and his partner sold them not knowing because what kind of man who would keep these sealed would then turn around and sell them to a record store...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: vault packaging question

Post by rsimms3 »

All packages after Bosco have the 7" sealed inside the LP.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

rsimms3 wrote:All packages after Bosco have the 7" sealed inside the LP.

ok so if it is single releases volume 1 I shouldn't go for it but if it is volume 2 I have a chance of getting party of special things to do (which I am desperate for)

will have to go back and take my shot if it is volume 2!
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Gojikranz wrote:has the 7" always been packed inside the 12"

p.s. I morbidly presume whoever owned these must have died and his partner sold them not knowing because what kind of man who would keep these sealed would then turn around and sell them to a record store...
Maybe! But it could also be someone who needed some quick cash and believes in keeping cool records local to help the crate diggers. I regularly sell stuff to record stores instead of going the ebay route just because it is oh so much easier.
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

Success! Finally a proud owner of party of special things to do! If anybody needs bits from the Wanda Jackson or vault singles packages aside from party of special things to do let me know I would offer a very favorable trade
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Gojikranz wrote:Success! Finally a proud owner of party of special things to do! If anybody needs bits from the Wanda Jackson or vault singles packages aside from party of special things to do let me know I would offer a very favorable trade
Good stuff!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Nice score. What did you get the compilation/POSTTD tri for?
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

50 bucks. Wanda was 30