Vault #29

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #29

Post by trickster »

On June 9th, 2016, Third Man Records was humbled to welcome Pearl Jam for a performance in our Nashville Blue Room live venue. Kept secret until the absolute last moment, the crowd of only 250 included lucky Ten Club members, mayors, NBA superstars, country music royalty, and possibly even a few stowaways. To call it a "warm-up” for their headlining set at Bonnaroo two nights later would be to vastly undervalue the evening. The band tore through a clutch collection of songs that spanned both deep cuts and fan favorites. A classic like “Deep” from Ten sits comfortably next to “Life Wasted” from their self-titled album Pearl Jam, and set-closer “Let Me Sleep” was originally recorded in 1990 (and was the band’s first-ever Ten Club release). The highlight of the performance came when Pearl Jam invited Jack White and his guitar to the stage to join on a song that clocked in at over seven minutes and featured wild dueling solos between White and Mike McCready, this epic performance left every mouth in the audience agape and every face on stage all smiles. Those seven minutes were truly some of the most memorable and historic in seven years since the Blue Room opened its doors.

All this said, it should come as no surprise that this performance is the centerpiece of Third Man’s 29th Vault package: a black-and-gold, split-colored vinyl version of Pearl Jam’s set, recorded live direct-to-acetate and packaged in a stunning custom jacket, all soft touch coating and gilded gold metallic ink. While split-colors are normally only made available to attendees of the show, the opportunity to share this once-in-a-lifetime performance with the wide-reaching TMR and PJ world’s was too good to pass up

The following afternoon Eddie Vedder entered Third Man Records’ Voice-o-Graph recording booth and performed an arresting, solo acoustic song. Housed in a custom TMR Record Booth sleeve and pressed on clear transparent vinyl (just like the original) this disc captures a poignant moment for Vedder, and marks the event of yet another musical legend making exceptional use of the Third Man Recording Booth.

Third Man’s accomplished in-house photographer Jamie Goodsell documented the entirety of the evening’s events on his trusty SLR camera. These images have been compiled into a timeless photo book. This embossed, fabric-wrapped, 9” x 6” hardcover photo collection gives the viewer the ability to look behind the curtain, both into Pearl Jam and Third Man's worlds on a special night for both parties.

Rounding out Vault Package #29 are a 1” round metal lapel pin utilizing the custom Pearl Jam/Third Man mashup logo (printed onto silk-screened posters and complimentary beer koozies used that fateful night) in addition to a 3” circular patch of the same design, featuring gold thread and just begging to be sewn onto your motorcycle leather, denim vest, varsity jacket, backpack, wedding gown, pillowcase, coffin lining, underwear, etc, etc...

Subscribe early, subscribe often — Just make sure you subscribe by July 31st, the official deadline.

Non-Ten Club members can sign up for a Platinum Vault Subscription through the usual process here.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #29

Post by Kali Durga »

I usually prefer for TMR to do things that are completely unexpected, but Vault 28 and now Vault 29 are wonderful exceptions to that rule.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

I've never ordered multiples of a vault package before, but I think I'll probably end up with at least three of these. For those of you with multiples, do you just use separate e-mail addresses? Thanks for any help with this.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

1x12" record, 1x6" record, a photobook, a pin and a patch = $80
This doesn't seem to be a great deal for me as an International member
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Cool package but not for me.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

trickster wrote:1x12" record, 1x6" record, a photobook, a pin and a patch = $80
This doesn't seem to be a great deal for me as an International member
Depends on what value you place on the music that's on that 1x12" record and 1x6" record, doesn't it? If all you're estimating the value of is the stuff that can be weighed on a scale at the post office then, nope, not much of a deal.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This is only the 2nd time I've been "meh" about a Vault release. But that's not bad. 2 out of 29, that's a good track record. Pearl Jam fans, enjoy!
Bergkamp10
Little Bird

Post by Bergkamp10 »

$15 off for 10C members is a nice touch.
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Bergkamp10 wrote:$15 off for 10C members is a nice touch.

is the only way to redeem that, to cancel your current one and order a new one?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Bergkamp10 wrote:$15 off for 10C members is a nice touch.
And yet someone over in Vault comments is bitching that it's unfair to us. It's something special for 10C fans, for crying out loud, let them enjoy it and get over it, you whiny entitled baby. (The guy in the Vault, not you, Bergkamp10)
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:This is only the 2nd time I've been "meh" about a Vault release. But that's not bad. 2 out of 29, that's a good track record. Pearl Jam fans, enjoy!
Which is the other one? There have been a few that were "meh", or more just not for me I guess. Especially for close to $100 after exchange rates and such. Listening to 28 now and it's an absolute gem so far. Scared to put on sides C+D....
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Well, that's a HARD pass for me.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

What's this magical $15 discount? I'm in the 10c....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Why do 10c get a discount? I am a vault member for 28 trimesters and I want a $15 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, aside from being a nice treat for people who are huge fans of Pearl Jam and likely to be more excited about this package than non-PJ-loving TMR fans, it's also a great way to entice some people not familiar with the Vault to subscribe. Little bit something special, little bit marketing. Why do we always have to get everything?