Vault 28 Sound Issues Side C and Side D

DonTazeMeBro
Little Bird

Vault 28 Sound Issues Side C and Side D

Post by DonTazeMeBro »

Just arrived today. Sounding amazing untill. . .Wondering if anyone else is hearing a gnarly rubbing sound beginning on side C with A Martyr for my love. And then picking up again on side D You've got her in your pocket and rolling through till the end. It sounds like its a pressing issue more than a recording. The record has a sound like my daughter picked up the record with icecream on her hands and laid a big sticky print, it only hits when it comes around. :| Hoping it's just mine and not pressing wide and maybe I can get it replaced
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault 28 Sound Issues Side C and Side D

Post by Kali Durga »

Did'ya clean it before playing it?

And, mmmmm, ice cream. I want my package.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
DonTazeMeBro
Little Bird

Post by DonTazeMeBro »

Running it though the spin clean now! Keeping my fingers crossed :shock:
DonTazeMeBro
Little Bird

Post by DonTazeMeBro »

Someone was eating icecream when the packaged up my vault package. Definitely straightened it out a bit, i would say there is still some noticeable rubbing especially on Same Boy, I'll let others be the judge. Not trying to be critical. For those of you still waiting, this thing does sound amazing no doubt. Some nice Jack banter, we all love Jack banter 8-)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Must've been Jack packing up your package. Have you ever noticed, he's mentioned ice cream at least as many times in his songs as he's mentioned redheads.

I'm going to make sure to eat some ice cream while listening to this one. Whenever I get it. Because, y'know, according to someone over in the Vault, shipping is delayed even though it just started.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

It's so very funny I just found this thread AS I'm playing through side C and currently listening to Martyr, and it's the same.
Hissing issues much like Vault 20 or 19.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Hmm, I'm not hearing anything? Anything bad, I mean. The two discs are noticeably different, in that one is thicker than the other, but it doesn't seem to affect the sound.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

My LP 1 is quiet except for the run off. LP 2 has a few crackles but nothing too annoying. I will do a needle drop and see if it picks up any more noise that way.

Wish I could have made it to one of these shows. Great package.
qb4ll
Little Bird

Post by qb4ll »

My side C has a hissing in the right channel through the whole side. Same with side D. It's very annoying and so distracting it's unlistenable. Sides A and B were perfect, no issues.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Listened to mine last night. (FUCKING AMAAAAAZING.) All 4 sides of mine play dead quiet, no sound issues. (Other than the usual annoying pressed-slightly-off-center issue that nearly every single URP LP I get seems to have.)

Guess you got a bum pressing . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
DonTazeMeBro
Little Bird

Post by DonTazeMeBro »

Yah, that is the same issue I am having. I cleaned both records and I will say it seemed to make a difference however there is definitely something in the pressing. Mine starts on C side and Continues almost all the way through on the D side. Might shoot an email to third man just too see if there are other Vault members experiencing the same problem.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

DonTazeMeBro wrote:Yah, that is the same issue I am having. I cleaned both records and I will say it seemed to make a difference however there is definitely something in the pressing. Mine starts on C side and Continues almost all the way through on the D side. Might shoot an email to third man just too see if there are other Vault members experiencing the same problem.
Judging from Vault comments and discussions on FB, there are apparently lots of folks with the same problem to varying degrees. Seems to be a repeat of the Racs Live @ TMR issue.
Shingo
Little Bird

Post by Shingo »

I have same issue here and just realized my disc 2 is a little crooked somehow.
BTW did anybody notice the mislabeling of credits?
It says that Lillie played acoustic guitar but not really. Fats played dobro but it not on the list.
DonTazeMeBro
Little Bird

Post by DonTazeMeBro »

Sent an email to TMR this was their response "Thank you for your message, and I apologize that you received an apparently defective LP. Would you mind forwarding a short audio/video clip so we can get a better idea of what you're hearing?"
Thank you,
TMR

Hoping for a new one.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I sent audio samples over the weekend and received an e-mail this morning notifying me that replacements lps are on the way.