Vault #28

Post by Jettkoral »

It's up...
trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #28

Post by trickster »

Vault28

About 1 year ago, Jack White embarked on an unusual, acoustic tour. Hitting the only five states in the US in which he had yet to perform — the wild environs of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska — White and his acoustic ensemble of Dominic Davis, Fats Kaplin and Lillie Mae Rische delivered jaw-dropping performances to the previously JW deprived territories. Each show was announced only hours before curtains lifted and tickets were only available in the venue box office, 1 per person, for $3. "No tradesies." Rampant online speculation, guesstimation and divining ensued, and those who were lucky and/or cunning enough to secure a seat were admired by all. The shows had several standards and rules set ahead of time by white: no amplifiers, only ribbon microphones used, and no monitors on stage.

The final performance of that tour was streamed live on TIDAL, but, as you know, we never pass up an opportunity to immortalize great music (it's a complex, really), so, we ran tape and film for the entirety of the tour, and now YOU will reap the benefits of our obsession.

Vault Package #28 is a celebration of these unprecedented performances and the end of the era that they signified. Live in Idaho showcases the performance at the Egyptian Theater in Boise and contains a career-spanning set with standards from the White Stripes, Raconteurs and Jack White solo catalog, reinterpreted for performance with no amplifiers. The performance was captured exclusively by ribbon microphones and is dripping with atmosphere. Including a cover of Howlin’ Wolf’s “I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)” and ending with a rousing rendition of Leadbelly’s “Goodnight Irene,” what exists here is pure magic. This double LP set will be pressed on Icy Idaho Blue vinyl. Listen to "Sugar Never Tasted So Good" from Live in Idaho below:

Jack’s performance from the Wendy Williamson Auditorium in Anchorage, Alaska is a gem in its own right. With the ethereal setting adding to the mystique of the circumstance, the show was one of the most thrilling in White’s twenty-plus-year career, and those who were there to enjoy it (who had waited all day in the snow), bore witness to a once-in-a-lifetime performance. We present that memorable show here, in its entirety, on DVD, with expertly engineered sound and editing by TMR’s in-house film guru Brad Holland. Live in Anchorage is truly spectacular.

From the Third Man Books, we present Pictures From Unknown States, an intimate collection of shots from photographer, close Third Man ally (and occasional clothing designer) David James Swanson. This pictorial travelogue of the tour and the places and people it encountered on its route is a packed-to-the-brim 52 pages of sheer wonder.

Also borrowed from Swanson’s stunning photo archives and are two elegant Risograph prints, both suitable for framing and evocative of the gilded settings of each one of these performances.

These items fits together perfectly in a soft-touch, silk-screened box that only further cements the exquisite collection as an item no music fan can deny. It may just be our best Vault package yet.

Live in Idaho setlist

Just One Drink
Temporary Ground
Hotel Yorba
You Know That I Know
Inaccessibly Mystery
Do
Alone in My Home
Carolina Drama
Love Interruption
A Martyr For My Love For You
Sugar Never Tasted So Good
We’re Going to Be Friends
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
Blunderbuss
You’ve Got Her in Your Pocket
Goodnight, Irene

Live in Alaska setlist

Just One Drink
Temporary Ground
Love Interruption
Machine Gun Silhouette
Offend in Every Way
The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
Alone in My Home
You Know That I Know
We’re Going to Be Friends
Entitlement
Carolina Drama
You’ve Got Her in Your Pocket
A Martyr For My Love For You
Goodnight, Irene

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #28

Post by Kali Durga »

Aw shit, this announcement has got me all teary-eyed. Beautiful package, but a reminder of that horrible announcement last year.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ehartsock1991
Little Bird

Post by ehartsock1991 »

Awesome package! Can't wait.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The DVD and book are what have me the most intrigued because they're things I've yet to see.
Very reminiscent of UGWNL for me...
The LP set is neat, but it'll probably get as little play as my Bonnaroo set.
The photos are a great addition too.
Overall, a solid package.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Another soft touch box for the bonfire.

I was most interested in South Dakota for his cover of Tennessee Border. This means three out of five shows have had official releases. Not too shabby.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:I was most interested in South Dakota for his cover of Tennessee Border.
Martyr For My Love For You is what I'm going to spend the next 6-ish weeks waiting for.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:I was most interested in South Dakota for his cover of Tennessee Border.
Martyr For My Love For You is what I'm going to spend the next 6-ish weeks waiting for.
Does 6ish weeks = 3 months? It's 4 weeks just till the deadline to buy it ends.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
monkeyman159
Little Bird

Post by monkeyman159 »

Great stuff only problem is the shit exchange rate with dollar in the United Kingdom. If I order my three packages that I normally do looking at £180 ($240).Cant wait to get it on my turntable.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
Does 6ish weeks = 3 months? It's 4 weeks just till the deadline to buy it ends.
Thanks for reminding me of how much longer I'll actually be waiting.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

monkeyman159 wrote:Great stuff only problem is the shit exchange rate with dollar in the United Kingdom. If I order my three packages that I normally do looking at £180 ($240).Cant wait to get it on my turntable.
Maybe just order one?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Although there's no single this time around, at least they didn't wedge a Dead Weather one in there.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

I'm glad there is no Dead Weather single in this one.
Can't wait to hear acoustic version of offend in every way.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I wonder when we will get the final Dead Weather D&B 7".
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

JonnyH wrote:I wonder when we will get the final Dead Weather D&B 7".
and will it come with a box so we can put all of them in one nifty place?