Vault shipping with FedEx

uraschmoe
Little Bird

Re: Vault shipping with FedEx to Germany

Post by uraschmoe »

arewhyehen wrote:I just got an invoice from FedEx today for customs charges. Mine were $22.63. I am not sure why mine are more than the other Canadians, but I am definitely cancelling my subscription if this is the case. I can't do $120 for every vault after exchange rates, shipping charges and customs fees.

I just emailed Third Man...what have others heard?
Response from TMR:

"Thank you for your message, I apologize that you incurred customs charges to receive your package. We're aware of this issue that's come up with this particular shipment, and are actively seeking solutions with FedEx to, hopefully, avoid customs brokerage fees in the future.

Thank you again for reaching out, please feel free to contact us anytime with questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you,
TMR "
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault shipping with FedEx to Germany

Post by arewhyehen »

uraschmoe wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:I just got an invoice from FedEx today for customs charges. Mine were $22.63. I am not sure why mine are more than the other Canadians, but I am definitely cancelling my subscription if this is the case. I can't do $120 for every vault after exchange rates, shipping charges and customs fees.

I just emailed Third Man...what have others heard?
Response from TMR:

"Thank you for your message, I apologize that you incurred customs charges to receive your package. We're aware of this issue that's come up with this particular shipment, and are actively seeking solutions with FedEx to, hopefully, avoid customs brokerage fees in the future.

Thank you again for reaching out, please feel free to contact us anytime with questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you,
TMR "
I just got this a few hours ago..

In the past, we've actually used FedEx for Vault package shipments to Canada. For those prior shipments we used a service called FIMS, which hands off the packages to Canada post for final delivery. For the last shipment, we upgraded to FedEx Ground International to give our Canadian subscribers significantly better tracking information. For this service, FedEx handles the shipment entirely, which is why they pay this import charge up-front then send a bill to the recipient for the package. To be perfectly honest, I was not told by our FedEx representative that this would be happening, or that the charges occur at all.

I'll be having a very stern conversation with FedEx this Friday, and I'm expecting one of two outcomes to happen: either we will negotiate a way for them to eat the costs of this brokerage fee for future packages, or we will be switching back to the prior FIMS service where Canada Post handles the final delivery.
Thank you for your understanding. Please send me your Paypal email, and I'll happily refund you for the brokerage cost.

Thanks,
David
TMR Vault
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault shipping with FedEx

Post by Kali Durga »

All I can say is, I feel their pain. I understand all of you guys' frustration with this, too, but considering what the company I work for deals with in shipping to customers, I also understand TMR's side of it. My company refuses to ship international at all because of the headaches.

That's a great response from David, very impressive that he took the time to explain it so candidly.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I got the exact same canned response that uraschmoe got
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Package arrives when it arrives is how I flow.
Why would I want to track a package door to door?
No need for TMR to pay more fore better tracking imo.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Bikedo wrote:Package arrives when it arrives is how I flow.
Why would I want to track a package door to door?
No need for TMR to pay more fore better tracking imo.
+1
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

TMR's response to me:

"Thank you for your message, we apologize these fees have accrued. We're aware of this issue that's come up with this particular shipment, and are actively seeking solutions with FedEx to, hopefully, avoid these fees in the future.

Are you still at the same address that we sent the Vault package to? Let me know and I'll send you a bundle of goodies to cheer you up. I'm actually staring at a complete GITD set of 7"s from the London pop-up right now. They're just sitting on an old Playstation 2 in my office. I'll throw those in. You'll probably want the bizarro set too, so I'll grab one of the 7,000 sets just collecting dust in our warehouse. We made so many of those, dude. Not as many as those Icky Thump monos, though! Seriously, we made 14,000 of them. You want a few of them? Here, I'll send a dozen your way. Pay off a few month's mortgage or something with it, I don't give a shit. No one here gives a shit. Fuck it, have a Fly Farm Blues test press too. We use those to balance the coffee tables here instead of sugar packets.

Thank you,
TMR "
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Hamptonio wrote:TMR's response to me:

"Thank you for your message, we apologize these fees have accrued. We're aware of this issue that's come up with this particular shipment, and are actively seeking solutions with FedEx to, hopefully, avoid these fees in the future.

Are you still at the same address that we sent the Vault package to? Let me know and I'll send you a bundle of goodies to cheer you up. I'm actually staring at a complete GITD set of 7"s from the London pop-up right now. They're just sitting on an old Playstation 2 in my office. I'll throw those in. You'll probably want the bizarro set too, so I'll grab one of the 7,000 sets just collecting dust in our warehouse. We made so many of those, dude. Not as many as those Icky Thump monos, though! Seriously, we made 14,000 of them. You want a few of them? Here, I'll send a dozen your way. Pay off a few month's mortgage or something with it, I don't give a shit. No one here gives a shit. Fuck it, have a Fly Farm Blues test press too. We use those to balance the coffee tables here instead of sugar packets.

Thank you,
TMR "
which Ben was that from?
he is everything i hate...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

elduderino wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:TMR's response to me:

Thank you,
TMR "
which Ben was that from?
Dover

hahahahahaahah - Do you see what I did there?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i don't get it.
he is everything i hate...
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Me neither
Alabama Woody