Vault #27

Bikedo
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #27

Post by Bikedo »

Cool package.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

rsimms3 wrote:
Jamie wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
Jamie wrote:I have the weirdest boner right now.
Yes but what do you think about #27?
Glad to see the last of the DW singles.
Jokes on you, #28 will probably have a double B-Side record with live tracks from the technical video series.
I really don't like the studio TDW 7" serie but a vault 7" like that (double B-Side record with live tracks from the technical video series) would be perfect. I love alternative takes!
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

So a person who doesn't have the vault membership but just bought the coin off some flipper/got it from a friend can still use the 10% discount?

The package is amazing though. Exactly what I like about and want from the vault.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

koala wrote:So a person who doesn't have the vault membership but just bought the coin off some flipper/got it from a friend can still use the 10% discount?

The package is amazing though. Exactly what I like about and want from the vault.
Yes but only for ~9 months and only at the physical stores. Note that they are hoping to do this every year. No guarantees....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Ah, wow. That's a good one. Nice.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I really love it ! I am so excited !
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Cool package but I'm going to pass.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

koala wrote:
My thoughts exactly. :thumbup:
GoGoHarlemBaby
Little Bird

Post by GoGoHarlemBaby »

This and 26 feel like true vault packages again...after what seemed like just a bunch of colored variants of already released material. Glad to see some nuggets being released that let us hear what was going on in detroit at the time. The three lps make up for the fact I don't care at all about the dead weather 7". I think the Two Star Tabernacle show used to circulate around certain message boards...I wonder if this is a new source for the recording or if its a different show than the one I'm thinking of...
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:This and 26 feel like true vault packages again...
Also my thoughts exactly. You all are saving me the trouble of expressing them! :D
jastro
Little Bird

Post by jastro »

Can't wait to have physical copies of these shows. That Two Star recording was a favorite album of mine for a long while. Part of me always wished they had stayed a band for a lot longer than they had and released more of the punk rock country music that was so explosive during that performance. Also love that Jack & The Bricks show. One and Two is so catchy. And I'm very eager to hear The Go LP.
mojaveplastics.com
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

I finally got around to listening to the clips and am even more excited! Even if this package was just the LPs it would be ok.
I hope they continue this streak and please no BBS reissue.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:The three lps make up for the fact I don't care at all about the dead weather 7". I think the Two Star Tabernacle show used to circulate around certain message boards...I wonder if this is a new source for the recording or if its a different show than the one I'm thinking of...
Agreed and, yup, it's that show. Would be interesting to know if it is a different source. There's one song in particular that I can't wait to hear filling up my living room.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

GoGoHarlemBaby wrote:This and 26 feel like true vault packages again...
I am so agree.
VP 24 and 25 were cool but not awesome. A collector LP and that's it. Here, you have what I expect with VP. Something original, that I never heard. I love this one, I hope 2016 will be a good year !
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

It's fine.
I dig the adapter, the box set is neat, and the 45 is alright.
Every year has it's "ok" vault and while last year's was the Loretta package, this year it's the Gold Dollar set.
For me anyhow.
We'll see how my attitude changes once it's on my doorstep.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”