Vault #25

dreamover
Little Acorn

Vault #25

Post by dreamover »

Way back in October 2013, The Dead Weather and Third Man Records announced an incredibly special 7” featuring “Open Up (That’s Enough)” b/w “Rough Detective” as part of Vault Package #18. These two tracks were a fierce battle cry heralding the announcement of a brand new Dead Weather album that was to be released in a revolutionary fashion. Teased out over the past year and a half via a series of 7” singles, the physical versions of which were ONLY available via The Vault (Third Man’s one-of-a-kind subscription mail-order service), the band promised this would culminate in a brand new album in 2015. The third Dead Weather LP would be a full length album comprised not only of the previously released 7” singles, but newly recorded, previously-unheard material. Today, The Dead Weather officially announce their new album Dodge & Burn.

Dodge & Burn will be released worldwide in September 2015 on Third Man Records and will feature eight brand new songs, along with the four previously released tracks remixed and remastered. Alison Mosshart, Jack White, Dean Fertita and Jack Lawrence spent their rare and sporadic free moments over the past year recording together in Nashville. With the members of the band heavily involved in other projects, The Dead Weather will not be touring in support of the new album. Thankfully the thick and heavy Dodge & Burn will satisfy your urges for the dark magic that is The Dead Weather for a very long time.

The ONLY special, limited edition version of the new album will be released as Vault Package #25, which will arrive the same week as the standard album release in September. The Dodge & Burn Vault Package will include:
  • A limited edition Dodge & Burn LP on Inclement Weather vinyl (that is to say opaque yellow with black ‘debris’) housed in a soft-touch embossed sleeve featuring metallic ink and a Vault-exclusive alternate cover designed by Rob Jones, also featuring a limited edition bonus poster inside. .

The only physical version of the new Dead Weather 7” and single from Dodge & Burn on yellow vinyl with black debris.

A deck of custom Dead Weather playing cards designed by Silent Giants featuring the band members as the King, Queen, Jack and Joker. Previously released in limited numbers and now, due to popular demand, re-issued for the Vault only with new packaging artwork.

A special brass Dead Weather burning tire badge.
Last edited by dreamover on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #25

Post by Coma16 »

Glad a DW album is finally coming out but I'll likely pass on this and just pick up the standard edition.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

This just made my week!

Extremely happy with V25!
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Lolmann
Little Bird

Post by Lolmann »

Best package in a while in my opinion. I guess i will pick up the Vault and the standart edition. Sad there is no tour, but still great news.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Coma16 wrote:Glad a DW album is finally coming out but I'll likely pass on this and just pick up the standard edition.
I'm debating whether to do the same. Though it may be cool to have the playing cards. I may do the opposite, get this and skip the standard. Not a big DW fan, but I can't bring myself to not own some variation of each of Jack's records.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Lolmann wrote:Best package in a while in my opinion. I guess i will pick up the Vault and the standart edition. Sad there is no tour, but still great news.
+1
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I don't like the Dead Weather, so that's disappointing. What's more disappointing is that the set of playing cards I purchased, which were limited to 500, are now limited to probably 15,500.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Jamie wrote:I don't like the Dead Weather, so that's disappointing. What's more disappointing is that the set of playing cards I purchased, which were limited to 500, are now limited to probably 15,500.
Why did you buy cards from a band you don't like?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Strange they've remixed the four previously released songs for the album and given us another two on a single the same time as the album..... Why give us another single when those songs are on the album that we are already getting in the package?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Jamie wrote:I don't like the Dead Weather, so that's disappointing. What's more disappointing is that the set of playing cards I purchased, which were limited to 500, are now limited to probably 15,500.
I was nearly going to put those cards on my ISO last week. Good thing I didn't!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They mention a "special brass Dead Weather burning tire badge" in the Vault announcement but not the announcement on TMR.com. Wish they'd post a picture of it, it may be the deciding factor in whether I get this package or give up my $5 Vault Tidal subscription.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

i'm definitely excited for new dead weather. at first thought, it stinks the new package isn't exclusive music. on second thought, i'm glad i won't have to buy this limited variant on the secondary market or plan a trip to nashville just to get it.

this package is a-ok!
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Lolmann wrote:Best package in a while in my opinion.
Def excited for a new DW album. But IMO no way is this a better Vault package than the JW triple box and all its goodies' goodness. Hell, I think even the last WS box seems to best #25. Not complaining, seems cool enough, I'm buying, but just saying no way this is the "best package in a while"!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Lolmann
Little Bird

Post by Lolmann »

woodisgood wrote:
Lolmann wrote:Best package in a while in my opinion.
Def excited for a new DW album. But IMO no way is this a better Vault package than the JW triple box and all its goodies' goodness. Hell, I think even the last WS box seems to best #25. Not complaining, seems cool enough, I'm buying, but just saying no way this is the "best package in a while"!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Okay the Box sets were also great. But for me a new DW LP is a little bit better than JW/WS live records. But everyone has his opinion.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Nice! Two in a row without a big ass box taking up space that could be filled with RECORDS!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom