Vault Subscription and Customs decleration (Germany)

Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Re: Vault Subscription and Customs decleration (Germany)

Post by Thinkfirst »

profsteenmarter wrote:
Thinkfirst wrote:Well, the postman was finally at my door this morning with my vault package (after customs held it for 3 weeks).
Anyway, i still had to pay 28€, which i didn't do. This is way too much. So now i still haven't got my vault and it'll probably be a long time before this is sorted out with customs.
You are never going to see that package again. it's returned to sender if you didn't pay (I think).
this never is going to pass without paying taxes, unless TMR is sending it with First-Class package international service
and not with Priority-Mail international like they do right now. because it's insured..
Don't worry, it's in my local 'Spar' (some kind of shop) at the moment . I talked it through with the mail man.
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

Good news!

I mailed customs (with exactly the same invoice as was on the package... :roll: ) and i got a mail today that my customs costs will be reimbursed.
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

Thats so good! How did you get the invoice on the package? ... I'm still waiting on my package to be delivered after sending the receipt via email to customs. They said it will take 2 weeks (for a distance of probably 50km :eh: )
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

benyo wrote:Thats so good! How did you get the invoice on the package? ... I'm still waiting on my package to be delivered after sending the receipt via email to customs. They said it will take 2 weeks (for a distance of probably 50km :eh: )
Well the invoice on the package was presumably put there by Third Man. I have no idea why they (customs) had to send me a letter saying they had no idea what the cost of the package was though.. then i mailed Third Man, they mailed me the invoice back. By that time the package was already here, but with nearly 30€ customs fee.
After this i mailed them the invoice saying it was impossible that i had to pay nearly 30€ on a 20$ package and then they replied they'd pay it back.

Good luck with your package!
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

Well the invoice on the package was presumably put there by Third Man. I have no idea why they (customs) had to send me a letter saying they had no idea what the cost of the package was though.. then i mailed Third Man, they mailed me the invoice back. By that time the package was already here, but with nearly 30€ customs fee.
After this i mailed them the invoice saying it was impossible that i had to pay nearly 30€ on a 20$ package and then they replied they'd pay it back.

Good luck with your package!
Sounds like a plan. Depending on what I have to pay this time I'll try it your way the next package :)
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
DBMTB
Little Bird

Post by DBMTB »

This is giving me a big headache too. Will be cancelling for the Loretta Package as a result.

Danish customs don't just charge you the VAT and Duty - but whack a 20 Euro service charge on top for the privilege of you allowing them to charge you VAT and duty and the work involved. So every TMR package costs me half the subscription price in duty etc.

That's OK for a package with stuff you really want... but I already have the Loretta album - it's great - but it's not enough to just repackage it.... I want new music for this kind of money.

TMR needs to look into the option of a Euro service centre. They really do.
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

pfft, earlier this week i send the custom declaration mail i got from thirdman to customs in belgium
got a mail back, saying they need a credit card or paypal bill
so it's pretty useless

i still don't get how only thirdman packages give so much problem
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

Got my first Vault without customs. Feels like Christmas, Easter and Birthday at once :D
(though I have to say I changed the adress, which made my spot of the custom-declaration change)