Re: Vault #22

Post by stoffel »

profsteenmarter wrote:
stoffel wrote:
copter76 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
copter76 wrote:28 euros of custom fees here in belgium, what a shame
it's almost 40 dollars more for this package
any e mail to contact with tmr for this situation?
thanks in adv
try: vault@thirdmanrecords.com

I think they screwed up awhile back and gave out some discount coupons for their online store or something. Not sure if they are doing that anymore. Maybe just shoot them an email and let them know it's still happening. There might be nothing they can do though..
Thanks
it's the first time that I paid custom fees for a vault package
I was in the vault till package 17 (everything was ok, no custom fees at all), after that I stopped and now I'm in the game again, but if this happen again I will have to stop for good...too much for my bones...
yup it has happend to me 4 or 5 times in a row, their vault packages are flagged for some reason
and it's not like tmr fault, they mark them at 20$, but customs asked for a detailed invoice, so you gotta pay tax on the 80 dollars
personally i'd rather have them mark them at 80 so i get them delivered straiight to my door, instead of filling in papers and waiting 2-3 weeks extra to get it
Belgium here too. Also had to pay €28 for this one.
Had it too beginning with vault 17. I figured it out.
Since the new vault started the aked $10 more for shipping.
Because they changed it to insured mailing...
Before the new vault it was just first class.
When the customs see it's insured they must be thinking it is something with a higher value.
I think this is why it get stuck at customs..
ah i see, that must be it
i wish they would look into cheaper shipping options

burger records for instance uses a remailer and asks about 9 dollars for shipping
ok the records take a bout a month to arrive, but i never get slapped with extra costs
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

rsimms3 wrote:
mangry wrote:Heading to the PO to ship back my black and blue LPs for exchange. I would like to go back to the days when I could enjoy a Vault package the day it arrives with no vinyl issues.
Warped? Scratched? Other?

Blue LP had unlistenable surface noise that went ch ch chhhhh. I mean it was audible over the shredding music. The black LP had a huge square scuff pattern from resting on the dvd during shipment. I mean tmr handled the return well so far. I just wanted I jam out on this one and not worry about returns.
Hyperbole used for effect!
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

stoffel wrote: ah i see, that must be it
i wish they would look into cheaper shipping options

burger records for instance uses a remailer and asks about 9 dollars for shipping
ok the records take a bout a month to arrive, but i never get slapped with extra costs
I think this has something with their new costumer service.
I have no problem with them mailing it first class, i can track it anyway.
I still need to mail TMR about this.
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

stoffel wrote:
Thinkfirst wrote:
thanks in adv
I feel you, also from Belgium here. Nowadays everything that passes through customs here gets charged.
That's why i've never ordered a vault package, as good as they might be. I think it totals at 100$ and that's just too much for a vinyl, a 7" and some other gadget.
Also had to pay another 100€ for the bumble buzz at delivery, what makes this pedal cost around 500$, totally insane (also 50$ shipping costs).
I also had to pay taxes twice (USA and Belgian), is this even legal?

I'm sorry to mention this in already a few posts around here, but actually really bummed out about it. It's a great pedal yeah, but 500$ great, i don't know.
you shouldn't be paying taxes in us, and i never heard any website asking you to pay for taxes
sometimes only for local citizens, but never for outside the us
and not everything that passes through gets charged
i got over 6 packages delivered last week, only the vault got charged with customs fee
Well it could be that i'm wrong, but aren't taxes included in the price that third man sets on their site?
I mean if you order something in europe, the taxes (VAT) are included in the price, right?
Is this different in America then?
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Thinkfirst wrote:
stoffel wrote:
Thinkfirst wrote:
thanks in adv
I feel you, also from Belgium here. Nowadays everything that passes through customs here gets charged.
That's why i've never ordered a vault package, as good as they might be. I think it totals at 100$ and that's just too much for a vinyl, a 7" and some other gadget.
Also had to pay another 100€ for the bumble buzz at delivery, what makes this pedal cost around 500$, totally insane (also 50$ shipping costs).
I also had to pay taxes twice (USA and Belgian), is this even legal?

I'm sorry to mention this in already a few posts around here, but actually really bummed out about it. It's a great pedal yeah, but 500$ great, i don't know.
you shouldn't be paying taxes in us, and i never heard any website asking you to pay for taxes
sometimes only for local citizens, but never for outside the us
and not everything that passes through gets charged
i got over 6 packages delivered last week, only the vault got charged with customs fee
Well it could be that i'm wrong, but aren't taxes included in the price that third man sets on their site?
I mean if you order something in europe, the taxes (VAT) are included in the price, right?
Is this different in America then?
yes it is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxe ... ted_States
i am not an expert on this, but that should explain a bit, and otherwise there should be plenty of americans on here that can explain it better
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

Just got back home and finally opened my Vault Package. Impressive!
But has any other Mac user here had trouble reading the usb memory stick? Neither of my two Macs can read it and the disc info prompt tells me there's nothing stored on the disc :(
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

circecoen wrote:Just got back home and finally opened my Vault Package. Impressive!
But has any other Mac user here had trouble reading the usb memory stick? Neither of my two Macs can read it and the disc info prompt tells me there's nothing stored on the disc :(
I have a Mac and was able to read it and download the content onto my backup drive.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

circecoen wrote:Just got back home and finally opened my Vault Package. Impressive!
No problems on Mac Air laptop
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

Well, that's weird... Thank you, guys!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

If you want I can send you the contents of the USB to put onto yours
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

Jettkoral wrote:If you want I can send you the contents of the USB to put onto yours
Wow, that would be wonderful, thank you!!! Will PM you in a minute.
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

Jettkoral wrote:If you want I can send you the contents of the USB to put onto yours
Got it! Thank you!!!
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

My shipping label was created on December 30 and no updates ever since. I wonder if the post office just really slowed down for after the holidays or if it's actually on route...

update: it's left the Nashville post office :) I'd say i'll have it by next Friday (hopefully)... I really hope there are no issues with it because it's a bitch to ship back!
Last edited by Coma16 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Hope tmr start replying to emails about this package soon...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
copter76
Little Bird

Post by copter76 »

anyone in spain pay for custom fees?