knoxvle
Little Acorn

Vault Ticketing Policy Note

Post by knoxvle »

TMR posted this in the vault:

Vault Ticketing Policy Note

Posted by Third Man

Hi all,

Just a quick note to clarify our intention with the pre-sale tickets on the Vault Pre-Sales page. These tickets are meant for members who are on the Vault for the same reasons that we hope all fans and followers are so dedicated to Third Man: for sincere and genuine interest in Third Man artists and releases, vinyl, historic recordings and reissues, art, film, literature, challenging normalcy in the antiquated music industry, analog recording, high-quality collectible products, etc. An intention that is not encouraged (and, in fact, not tolerated) is turning a profit off of our members' genuine interests in such creative works.

Although it would be impossible for us to filter members by intention upon purchasing a product, it becomes pretty clear on the secondhand market whose intentions are less than honorable. If and when a break in this policy occurs, really for any offer extended to Vault members, the Vault member(s) and any outstanding store orders will immediately be canceled from the Vault and membership will be revoked.

We hate to be so strict about this policy but feel that it is our responsibility to stick up for the members who have been so loyal, supportive and kind over the years since this whole crazy experiment began. Hope to have you all on board for years to come.
higherlimits
Little People

Re: Vault Ticketing Policy Note

Post by higherlimits »

How would that work if you had intentions to go to the show but then ended up not being able to go?

in 2012 I bought tickets to some shows and then ended up not being able to go, I can't remember what I did with the tickets but it would suck to be banned from the vault for unplanned resale.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

I think they are going after the immediate sale of tickets BEFORE the general sale.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

I think that's fair.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very fair. Wonderful to see them instituting such policies, though it's a shame that they need to.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

i think it's great, but i think it's more to scare people. i don't think they're actually doing anything to scalpers. i'd love to be proven wrong. plus, there's too many tickets out there for me to think all these scalpers joined the vault to get these tickets. i wouldn't be surprised if ticket master gave early tickets to scalpers.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

dreamover wrote:i think it's great, but i think it's more to scare people. i don't think they're actually doing anything to scalpers. i'd love to be proven wrong. plus, there's too many tickets out there for me to think all these scalpers joined the vault to get these tickets. i wouldn't be surprised if ticket master gave early tickets to scalpers.
100% agree.
They have had the same policy for flipping vault packages for awhile too, but haven't seen any fewer for sale or people saying they got cancelled.
Just a thing to post to make customer feel better (IMO).
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I'd imagine it's far easier to enforce on the American dates as those tend to have more assigned seating than international venues. It's harder to trace a GA ticket back to the buyer.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

that's what i was thinking, how on earth would they be able to track a ticket back to someone? but if some of the venues are assigned seating then that makes more sense.

swank said they caught an ebayer & a craigslister...
houses are full of things that gather dust
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Melon wrote:that's what i was thinking, how on earth would they be able to track a ticket back to someone? but if some of the venues are assigned seating then that makes more sense.

pretty easy if they use their actual name or the same alias.
OR email address.
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

knoxvle wrote:
Melon wrote:that's what i was thinking, how on earth would they be able to track a ticket back to someone? but if some of the venues are assigned seating then that makes more sense.

pretty easy if they use their actual name or the same alias.
OR email address.
:lol: I just assumed people wouldn't be quite as brazen about it

Only way to really avoid this is to do will call only with ID (which is what they did for the Mayan show in LA last tour). I suppose it's still possible to scalp but it'd be a much bigger pain in the ass.
houses are full of things that gather dust
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

I just wish we could exchange "best available" tickets for better "best available" tickets that somehow show up an hour after we bought the first ones...

But I understand how that would be difficult.

That said, right now I'm just so happy to be able to go to a JWIII show again :)