Little Acorn

Re: Vault package #8

Post by DBCooper »

nesguys wrote:
Pakedge wrote:
sandmaniac3 wrote:
Pakedge wrote:
elduderino wrote:
Pakedge wrote:Yeah, people who don't know about the Vault will be very upset. They only have until April 30 to sign up, too. Oh well! I guess they'll have to pay 300 dollars for it from a flipper.
if there are stripes fans who don't know about the vault by now and are willing to pay a premium for the vault packages on ebay, then they're too stupid to live and deserve what they get.
Yeah, true Stripes fans should know about the Vault. If they don't, they don't deserve the live album.
I don't know why you would say that some are "deserving" and some are not. You don't have to be a superfan to deserve the chance to listen to an artist's music. If they don't know about the Vault, it's too bad for them. That doesn't make them stupid or less entitled to music from a band they like. It just means that they will have to pay more for it.
That's what I said in my first post. They'll just have to pay 300 dollars. What I'm referring to is casual fans who think they can just go out and buy the album. I probably used the word "deserve" too freely. What I meant was if they don't get the vault, they've had their chance and it's their problem.
The people I feel bad for are the ones who haven't yet discovered the Stripes. I'm late to the party as it is and It is going to be hard to get all the singles to catch up. I can't imagine finding them in 5 years and trying to get all the vinyl. Ouch.
or you can just watch the show on youtube or once the record is out burn it from the internet for free like half the world. not everyone is in to collecting "vinyl" like people here.
That can go now.
melikecheese
Little Bird

Re: Vault package #8

Post by melikecheese »

achouza wrote:
nesguys wrote:
The people I feel bad for are the ones who haven't yet discovered the Stripes. I'm late to the party as it is and It is going to be hard to get all the singles to catch up. I can't imagine finding them in 5 years and trying to get all the vinyl. Ouch.

its not too difficult getting all their stuff on vinyl,, every month youl find one of almost every WS release show up on ebay,, there are only a few that dont come up often, elephant aussie, meg picture disc, denial twist 3...etc,, but everything else is almost always up there,, the problem isnt finding the releases, its being able to afford them ,, but then again the prices havent really moved much,, had you started collecting 2-3 years ago the prices seem to be the same,, sometimes even cheaper,, for example the LSMAA pac rim 7' went a couple times on ebay around 2007 for 350-400,, I got mine a couple months ago for less than that,, others have gone up,,
Easy is one thing, expensive is another. Your right, its affording them, and wanting to.

I cuold afford many of these, but I can't get myself to spend it unless I am buying directly from the band. I bought the 2010 merch package and that was the most expensive thing I ever bought. Just about every other item in my WS collection came from the band or labels when it was released. Being way into music provides you access to abnds before other people like them. I got into the WS early enough to order single from SFTRI. However, I am still kicking myself for not ordering things of eBay when they were way cheaper. Silly me thinking 25 was waaaaaay too much for thier first single on red wax....

I have noticed that since 3rd man and Jack went crazy with releases and pop up stores and this and that, the normal singles have dropped in price considerably.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Vault Package #8 Shipping

Post by rsimms3 »

Received mine today.
DVD is TMR-096, 7" is TMR-097.

The DVD is rough, don't expect perfection. I'd say on par with what was posted on the Vault but with a front angle instead of a rear angle. The audio is blown out full on camera audio. The 7" is interesting, mellow. You can it's their very first recording, but it still sounds great. Not sure what they recorded to, but it has stood up well.

I haven't listened to the LP yet, need to get out and mow the grass before it rains.

P.S.
The songs are numbered backwards on the LP. Didn't notice that in the other pics, but on the jacket and the records themselves.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
seventhson
Little Bird

Re: Vault Package #8 Shipping

Post by seventhson »

Mine showed up today! I'm watching the DVD right now. :D
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Love this package. The album is great, odd that it's number backwards though. DVD was great, especially the very end. Single was meh.... it's very mellow and I was hoping for something loud and raw, but it was still good to hear some new music by them. Unfortunately the LP sleeve was split just a little on the very edge and one of the sleeves was split. I don't plan on getting rid of it ever so it's not too big of a deal for me.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
cmtroo
Little Bird

Post by cmtroo »

Got it! Oh! Happy day....
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Love this package. The album is great, odd that it's number backwards though. DVD was great, especially the very end. Single was meh.... it's very mellow and I was hoping for something loud and raw, but it was still good to hear some new music by them. Unfortunately the LP sleeve was split just a little on the very edge and one of the sleeves was split. I don't plan on getting rid of it ever so it's not too big of a deal for me.
I took the backward numbers as a countdown to the end even though they didn't know it at time. I only listened to the 4th side, interesting how Jack was working the crowd talking about doing shows east of the Mississippi the rest of the tour and how Meg would personally kiss everyone who sings Boll Weevil after the show. The sound is top notch, just like with the UNSL DVD. Mine arrived perfect save for what looked like a paint chip stuck to one of the LPs. I was afraid to try to pry it off but with a little careful nudging it finally gave way. The artwork is nice as well, the smoke from the stack looks like a collage of the horse from the cover of the Rag and Bone single.

The etchings in the dead wax are interesting as well....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Odd. Mine had the paint chip stuck to it as well. Listening to the LP, I thought Jack's voice sounded kinda rough. Although I only listened to side 3 so far.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Odd. Mine had the paint chip stuck to it as well. Listening to the LP, I thought Jack's voice sounded kinda rough. Although I only listened to side 3 so far.
Yeah, I noticed that a little as well but was more focused on the mix of the recording. Nice balance of crowd cheers, direct feed, and ambient sound which isn't easy given the stage appears to be about 15 feet from the crowd barrier. Overall a great package, the live show on LP really makes it for me. I listen to the audio from UNSL in the car all the time, I love Slowly Turning Into You with that Vegas slot machine sounding intro.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Someone care to share some pictures?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Bikedo wrote:Someone care to share some pictures?
I can snap a few this evening.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... &p=2015906
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:
http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/inde ... &p=2015906
Don't do it! It's a trap!

trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Some pictures for you. Spinning the LP with the single waiting for it's turn..

All 3 items with the dvd playing to show the "quality" of it.