Vault #12

hellosmith
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #12

Post by hellosmith »

After reading that article KaliDurga posted a few days ago, I would really love anything by that band Coke... 8-)
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
switch5150
Little Bird

Post by switch5150 »

Even though this is a long shot...If anyone is not feeling that Raconteurs 7" and wants some American currency in exchange for it, let me know...

I am going to have my fiance listen to KE a little bit more, so I might go all in. Until then, I would love to have this a Rac 7"
I apologize for nothing!
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

hellosmith wrote:After reading that article KaliDurga posted a few days ago, I would really love anything by that band Coke... 8-)
In a way, that's kinda creepy.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
hellosmith wrote:After reading that article KaliDurga posted a few days ago, I would really love anything by that band Coke... 8-)
What's even creepier, not to mention idiotic, is that a few "news" outlets have culled that from the NY Times article and reported it as if it's a big deal of some kind-- http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/entertainme ... d_83551315
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
What? Why is that creepy? Don't you think that would be cool? I dunno, I just think that might be neat...
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

hellosmith wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
What? Why is that creepy? Don't you think that would be cool? I dunno, I just think that might be neat...
Well for starters, they are young children.

Secondly, they are the young children of somebody who you don't know and doesn't know you, but you admire from afar.

Thirdly, the only reason you want to hear them is because they happen to be the young children of somebody who you don't know and doesn't know you, but you admire from afar.

Fourthly, it's highly unlikely that they are musical prodigies, making fantastic music that blows the mind (I should probably add a "yet" to that, given their parentage).

In summary, you want to listen to a stranger's young children's unremarkable music, for no other reason than you know who they are, and that just makes me feel uneasy - if I said to any member of this board that I want to listen to what their kids are up to, band or no, I'm fairly sure I'd be told in no uncertain terms to go away. Just 'cos these are Jack's children doesn't mean it wouldn't be creepy for a total stranger to want to know what they are doing. And I'm not even getting into the whole child star problem...
Patient B1003
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
hellosmith wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:

Secondly, they are the young children of somebody who you don't know and doesn't know you, but you admire from afar.

Thirdly, the only reason you want to hear them is because they happen to be the young children of somebody who you don't know and doesn't know you, but you admire from afar.

Fourthly, it's highly unlikely that they are musical prodigies, making fantastic music that blows the mind (I should probably add a "yet" to that, given their parentage).

In summary, you want to listen to a stranger's young children's unremarkable music, for no other reason than you know who they are, and that just makes me feel uneasy - if I said to any member of this board that I want to listen to what their kids are up to, band or no, I'm fairly sure I'd be told in no uncertain terms to go away. Just 'cos these are Jack's children doesn't mean it wouldn't be creepy for a total stranger to want to know what they are doing. And I'm not even getting into the whole child star problem...
I'm definitely not on the same page on this. Being a parent who is a musician that has a musically adept child, I may be biased, but probably not. I love hearing and witnessing children both perform and create music; I think it's a beautiful thing. After all, I'm not saying I want to watch them do it in their Underoos.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
hellosmith wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:

I think you're putting your own spin on the context of the comment, I think it's a little off base and making something out of nothing, and it's really not necessary...

Not musical prodigies that make unremarkeable music, but at 2 his daughter could play drums and keep time on St. James Infirmary? I'm not saying that's a prodigy cause it's not a ridiculously complicated piece, but I don't know many 2 year olds that could keep time on any track... I'm not saying that they're making music like TWS at 4 & 5, but I'm sure that with the influence of their father and most likely exposure to a wider array of music than most kids get because of him, but they're probably better at playing anything than most kids are at that age.

ANYWAY... on the real topic at hand...

I'm psyched for this vault pack, I really like the combination of components, live at TMR LP or not. I just hope this one shows up in a timely manner... the last few seem to have had some issues getting out the door. Oh, and I'm a little pissed that my subscription doesn't renew until May 1st, so now I have to cancel it and re-subscribe... fucking modlife... they need to find a way to offer the vault stuff and just cut modlife out of the equation...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I'd assumed the post about Jack's children's "band" was a joke--surely nobody could mean that seriously? :?
jrfhoutx wrote: fucking modlife... they need to find a way to offer the vault stuff and just cut modlife out of the equation...

Oh, YES!! PLEASE!!
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
hellosmith wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:

I didn't know it would be taken that way! I agree with mojoryan, I just love listening to little kids do music, it makes me hopeful! All we hear about kids being into nowadays is their video games, and I get really excited to hear about youngens doing anything else, especially music.
Maybe THAT'S creepy, I don't know. In this era everything is creepy.
I see where you're coming from, but truthfully, it could be anyone's two kids and I would be excited about it. I mean, check this out-

I want THAT on vinyl too! Gimme a Murp record in the vault, that would rule!
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Or these kids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPHnZV0K-k
Off topic. Sorry.
Last edited by orangeshoeskid on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Or these kids!

Off topic. Sorry.
:?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

The video was supposed to the the band of little kids that plays Metallic - Enter Sandman. Is it not showing up? Or just for me?
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Its nice wheny ou can just call Cam up with any vault questions just like I did LOL
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

knoxvle wrote:Its nice wheny ou can just call Cam up with any vault questions just like I did LOL
And... so what question did you ask? Did you ask how many vault members there are?