Little People

Re: Vault #12

Post by love_islander »

Awesome!
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

grumblestiltskin wrote:So...the LP is just a vinyl release of this show?

Ho hum, at least it's nicely packaged.

Also, lots of Karen stuff coming out atm...warming up to another LP?
Jack did say in the vault a longs ways back (pre-divorce) that Karen was doing some writing in Mexico. Considering that the 7" for RSD are covers, it may be safe to say there is some type of release in the future. When that may be, who knows.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

I like it. Stripes and Racs are definitely the cream of the crop this time, but I think the LP will be cool. I never got around to picking up her full length, so this will introduce some new music to my ears.
Hyperbole used for effect!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Not going to read all of the posts on this thread, so if this is a repeat-ish comment...whoops.
I love the die-cut cover idea! I was just waxing nostalgic over how I loved the Physical Graffiti release as a kid. Not just the music (that's a given), but the entire packaging. This came to me while watching my son check it out in depth. So yeah, the Karen, alone, makes me excited for this next package. Add WS and Racs on top? Yeah man...can't wait!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

mojoryan wrote:Not going to read all of the posts on this thread, so if this is a repeat-ish comment...whoops.
I love the die-cut cover idea! I was just waxing nostalgic over how I loved the Physical Graffiti release as a kid. Not just the music (that's a given), but the entire packaging. This came to me while watching my son check it out in depth. So yeah, the Karen, alone, makes me excited for this next package. Add WS and Racs on top? Yeah man...can't wait!
i concur. very cool idea.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
I Ate The Walrus
Little Cream Soda

Post by I Ate The Walrus »

I am sure some of your have already noticed, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXgM3Dd3qIM

Check out the last 8 seconds, I think it would have fit the album nicely.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

I have seen some of you less exited about the KE LP, if you want to sell it to me by itself, let me know... My daughter would love it! PM me...
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

I Ate The Walrus wrote:I am sure some of your have already noticed, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXgM3Dd3qIM

Check out the last 8 seconds, I think it would have fit the album nicely.
Great spot!
Patient B1003
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

My first reaction upon reading the description was meh....more live at TMR, another live TWS DVD and unreleased Racs songs (like the unreleased songs part just not a huge Racs or BB fan). After taking a closer look at the presentation of the Karen LP I am looking forward to that. Not a big fan of live recordings, outside of shows I've actually attended, but I can appreciate the artistic value of the presentation. Would just like to see more LPs like Boscobel or IT mono from time to time.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

I'm definitely excited for this! That's a damn cool looking vinyl and the sleeve is pretty awesome as well. Great package all around.
however, I feel like we've seen too many live at TMR vinyls back to back (not counting the comp of course)
Other than that..I'm digging the package
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

was the "special show" in front of schools students and faculty the same as the one we were discussing over with our friend "The Time being"? I know we were discussing it at some point.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

do you guys know if it's possible to just upgrade to the $60 membership instead of having to resign up for a full $60?

I had cancelled my sub some good time back and just resigned about 2-3 weeks ago.

I would hate to have just paid for 3 months regular and have to pony up another $60 for this guy....

best package, IMO at least, they've done in a LONG while. I'm eager to have every component..
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Hamptonio wrote:
mojoryan wrote:Not going to read all of the posts on this thread, so if this is a repeat-ish comment...whoops.
i concur. very cool idea.
I also agree with that. Physical Graffiti and Zeppelin III (the actual volvelle cover) are two of my favorite covers of all time... IDK, I just like the 'interactive' covers, they add a little bit of fun to the whole thing...

hawke000 wrote:was the "special show" in front of schools students and faculty the same as the one we were discussing over with our friend "The Time being"? I know we were discussing it at some point.
I believe so, which makes it a really cooll addition to this pack, at least imo...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
ymagirl
Little Cream Soda

Post by ymagirl »

I am way excited for this, most especially the Karen LP. She has said she's working on a 2nd album, so I'm hoping this & the RSD release are precursors. Love that they're including a 2000 Stripes show~
redsox401
Little Acorn

Post by redsox401 »

Not sure if you can just upgrade from modlife ive never tried but im sure if u cant and just email them they would upgrade it for you. I had an issue around vault 3-4 with my CC and billing address and it didnt auto pay and i almost missed the next one and all they did was go into their system and update my info so i know they have that cabability. hope this helps.
candycaneboy03 wrote:do you guys know if it's possible to just upgrade to the $60 membership instead of having to resign up for a full $60?

I had cancelled my sub some good time back and just resigned about 2-3 weeks ago.

I would hate to have just paid for 3 months regular and have to pony up another $60 for this guy....

best package, IMO at least, they've done in a LONG while. I'm eager to have every component..
Hi