Vault #24

Gojikranz
Little Bird

Re: Vault #24

Post by Gojikranz »

well this one is ok for me as i never purchased Van Lear Rose(and i remember being really disapointed when I missed the blue one in refreshathon).

I think I would be fairly grumpy if I did already own it though.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm getting two extras of this one. I'd encourage everyone else to not buy any....that way my 7" is worth 15x more on the secondary market.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hamptonio wrote:@ Kali - That's just a happy accident with the lighting through the trees. <3
Ah, yes, looking again I do see that you appear more than a little lop-sided.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one totally underwhelmed by this vault package. Definitely a let down after the last few packages. But that White Stripes 7'' is going to be freaking awesome!!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Wait this announcement is an April Fools day joke right?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Could be a joke, I guess. But I hope not.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
pj101ca wrote:Does this make my blue VLR more or less valuable?
Less
Yeah, I have to agree here. It's not like the GBMS release, which will not feature that stellar photo of Meg. And the new VLR has an added track. I think the blue VLR will lose quite a bit of value actually.
Why? This Doesn't make scoring a blue VLR any easier. I guess some folks will give up on the original variant and consider this package a consolation prize, but I suspect collectors will still be ISO the original given it's rarity.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Maybe. Ya never know.
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Could be a joke, I guess. But I hope not.
Could be doesn't someone from third man come on to the vault chat when a package is announced...
Last edited by tanzaib on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

dreamover wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Dang here I am stoked as hell to get a great package. I guess different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of folks aren't digging in the "country" turn Jack has made since relocating in TN. To me though it's always been there from the start.
That's not the problem for me. Do you already have Van Lear Rose on vinyl? A lot of us do. Getting the same record with a bonus track is pretty disappointing.
I own a regular black copy and the original release cd. I understand some folk's disappointment in what seems to be a virtual re-reissue.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I remember how much VP 19 disappointed me when I received it. I don't want to feel that again. I pass even if there is an incredible mysterious past vault item on first monday.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

tanzaib wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:Could be a joke, I guess. But I hope not.
Could be doesn't someone from third man come on to the vault chat when a package is annoyed...
If they don't, they really should. Those annoyed packages are such a problem.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Chiefbrody
Little Bird

Post by Chiefbrody »

I wondered if it might be an April fool, but I can't see them doing that with something like this - more likely a joke album of duets of Glen Campbell cover versions with his TIDAL buddies - this doesn't seem too much like a joke, but I don't think it'll be very popular either. I'm sure this is real; I'm also pretty sure I'll cancel my sub for this one. Happy to risk missing out on a couple of Mondays and keep my 50 quid for RSD.

I'm still undecided over whether to return my warped VP23.
benyo
Little Cream Soda

Post by benyo »

I guess, if that package is really the case and no fakce-announcement you can sell the 7" nearly for subscription-price :D.
I think I can't say no just to get this unreleased version of "Jolene" ... LOVE that cover! And I haven't got the LP.
We'll see, if there's another announcement coming on.... maybe they change it to the special golden TDW LP and everyone, who already cancelled, has to subscribe again :D
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

benyo wrote:I guess, if that package is really the case and no fakce-announcement you can sell the 7" nearly for subscription-price :D.
I think I can't say no just to get this unreleased version of "Jolene" ... LOVE that cover! And I haven't got the LP.
We'll see, if there's another announcement coming on.... maybe they change it to the special golden TDW LP and everyone, who already cancelled, has to subscribe again :D
There is no Jolene in this package.