Vault #16

JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Re: Vault #16

Post by JWhiteIII »

This is a problem I'd love to see addressed. With TMR being the way they are, I hope they begin place sound and product quality over novelty for the vault packages at least. I would really prefer to have all vault lps to be 180g or 200g instead of having a colored LP. Same for 7"s
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

While we are complaining............Both the corners on my covers are bent. Its from shipping. they figured the book would be good enough filler. In reality it needed a piece of cardboard on top of that. Not sure if it would fit. The boxes are better but not perfect. Music direct and amazon have it figured out pretty damn good. Records from them are always Mint. I think sticking the 45 inside the 12" is a bad idea as well. Could be what's warping records.

I still want 180 gram vinyl in a double gatefold. Black vinyl would be just fine. Every vault package I have received has been fucked up in one way or another. Spit sleeves, dinged corners, warped vinyl. Etc. I am trying to love it, but tired of being disappointed so many times. I am also trying not to be so anal but when I receive so many records from so many other stores and they show up Mint then that leaves me thinking TMR is not trying hard enough.

EDIT: there should be cardboard under the record on top of the record then the book.
Last edited by Alabama Woody on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Has anyone ever calculated whether there are more warped records received in the summer months than during the winter?
I try my best not to buy any vinyl from July to September. Here in Alabama it gets mighty hot. Sometimes there is something I must have otherwise I try not too.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Still waiting on my ship confirm. :(
redflag
Little Cream Soda

Post by redflag »

Just got mine. Everything in top condition. Never did receive a shipping notice though.
hwitsey
Little Bird

Post by hwitsey »

W in Australia, just got mine this morning, everything perfect :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:Still waiting on my ship confirm. :(
Time to e-mail 'em, or are you gonna wait another few days like a good patient little do-bee?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Alabama Woody wrote:While we are complaining............Both the corners on my covers are bent. Its from shipping. they figured the book would be good enough filler. In reality it needed a piece of cardboard on top of that. Not sure if it would fit. The boxes are better but not perfect. Music direct and amazon have it figured out pretty damn good. Records from them are always Mint. I think sticking the 45 inside the 12" is a bad idea as well. Could be what's warping records.

I still want 180 gram vinyl in a double gatefold. Black vinyl would be just fine. Every vault package I have received has been fucked up in one way or another. Spit sleeves, dinged corners, warped vinyl. Etc. I am trying to love it, but tired of being disappointed so many times. I am also trying not to be so anal but when I receive so many records from so many other stores and they show up Mint then that leaves me thinking TMR is not trying hard enough.

EDIT: there should be cardboard under the record on top of the record then the book.
Totaly agree with you.
I started with VP 14 and i always received a Mint package. The VP 13 that i bought from Acidman68 is also Mint. But if one day i receive a package with a warped LP, dinged corners ... i will be desappointed. In Europe we pay 80$. If i must to send the package in US for an exchange it's minimum 20$. 100$ for a package ?! It's not acceptable. Jack White said himself that he likes beautiful LP, people who like to have a collection of LP but for that, it's important to have a hard verification of production and package.
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Kali Durga wrote:
a_fiendish_thingy wrote:Still waiting on my ship confirm. :(
Time to e-mail 'em, or are you gonna wait another few days like a good patient little do-bee?
If I don't get either a ship confirm or it just magically shows up today, I'm gonna email. I want to listen to it!!! Haha
D-starsfan1
Little Bird

Post by D-starsfan1 »

In regards to the duplicate side 3 and 4's that were sent out, I recieved this E-mail from 3rd Man records today:

It turns out that a couple of the Vault LP boxes we received from the press were assembled incorrectly, my apologies! Once we have a list of everyone affected by this error, we will begin the replacement process. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Harry
The Vault

Hope that the rest of these vault packages find their homes soon so that they can get under way with the replacement process.....
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

The real "vault" is the room where they store all the extra copies (in case of returns) that they didnt sell from the vault package sales.

"Over here is where we keep the extra 200 copies of icky thump mono. Right next to the extra 4000 copies of the Karen vault."

:D
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

OMG, i want the live of White Stripes in Mississipi. VP 8 :P
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Mick III wrote:OMG, i want the live of White Stripes in Mississipi. VP 8 :P
Yes, yes, you do. If there's any Vault lp that everyone should own, that's the one. Good luck in your quest!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Kali Durga wrote:
Mick III wrote:OMG, i want the live of White Stripes in Mississipi. VP 8 :P
Yes, yes, you do. If there's any Vault lp that everyone should own, that's the one. Good luck in your quest!
I FINALLY got my hands on one of those, and it was worth every one of the vast quantities of pennies I spent on it. Hahaha.

And I also FINALLY got my ship confirm today!!! :D
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:And I also FINALLY got my ship confirm today!!! :D
Excellent! You better get in here and post about this thing when you receive it ;)

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the 12" in this package. It's so fantastic. I'd rate it right up there with Live in Mississippi, maybe just a scunch behind.