Vault #25

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #25

Post by Stl_ben »

Jamie wrote:
runofthemill wrote:
Jamie wrote:I don't like the Dead Weather, so that's disappointing. What's more disappointing is that the set of playing cards I purchased, which were limited to 500, are now limited to probably 15,500.
Why did you buy cards from a band you don't like?
"Welcome to White Swirl"
I don't get it.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Jamie wrote:
runofthemill wrote:
Jamie wrote:I don't like the Dead Weather, so that's disappointing. What's more disappointing is that the set of playing cards I purchased, which were limited to 500, are now limited to probably 15,500.
Why did you buy cards from a band you don't like?
"Welcome to White Swirl"
I would have gone with "you must be new here", but yours also works well :)
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

The serious answer is that I also collect playing cards, so I had to get the only official Jack-related deck available (unless you count the Jim Beam deck, which I also bought).
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jamie wrote:The serious answer is that I also collect playing cards, so I had to get the only official Jack-related deck available (unless you count the Jim Beam deck, which I also bought).
Well, now you will be able to get the second (and different) of the only official Jack related decks released.
ColdNorth
Little Bird

Post by ColdNorth »

I've always liked DW so I like this package. Probably get the regular too.
But sadly no tour. I've seen them live once before and really was hoping for a tour this year.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

You guys don't remember Jack making the big announcement that he was taking an extended hiatus from live shows of "any configuration" not too long ago?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

Back in the game! Can't wait!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dreamover wrote:You guys don't remember Jack making the big announcement that he was taking an extended hiatus from live shows of "any configuration" not too long ago?
I do and everyone was holding out hope for a DW tour.... I saw the writing on the wall.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

this is pretty exciting but I am a little disapointed that it is only 8 tracks 6 of which we will apparently have on singles(guess it isn't totally clear if the third B-side is also on the album). was hoping the singles b-sides were going to remain exclusive to the singles so we would get more new stuff when the album finally came out, and make those singles still have something beyond their packaging to offer after the album is out (ya remixed but I tend not to hear much difference if it isn't a full on dance mix type affair).
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:
dreamover wrote:You guys don't remember Jack making the big announcement that he was taking an extended hiatus from live shows of "any configuration" not too long ago?
I do and everyone was holding out hope for a DW tour.... I saw the writing on the wall.
Hope tends to spring eternal amongst a majority portion of Jack's fan community. Not many are pragmatists.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Gojikranz wrote:this is pretty exciting but I am a little disapointed that it is only 8 tracks 6 of which we will apparently have on singles(guess it isn't totally clear if the third B-side is also on the album). was hoping the singles b-sides were going to remain exclusive to the singles so we would get more new stuff when the album finally came out, and make those singles still have something beyond their packaging to offer after the album is out (ya remixed but I tend not to hear much difference if it isn't a full on dance mix type affair).
i think it's 12 tracks 8 + the 4 we already received
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

stoffel wrote:
Gojikranz wrote:this is pretty exciting but I am a little disapointed that it is only 8 tracks 6 of which we will apparently have on singles(guess it isn't totally clear if the third B-side is also on the album). was hoping the singles b-sides were going to remain exclusive to the singles so we would get more new stuff when the album finally came out, and make those singles still have something beyond their packaging to offer after the album is out (ya remixed but I tend not to hear much difference if it isn't a full on dance mix type affair).
From the announcement: "...eight brand new songs, along with the four previously released tracks remixed and remastered."
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

Kali Durga wrote:
stoffel wrote:
From the announcement: "...eight brand new songs, along with the four previously released tracks remixed and remastered."
ah i fail at close reading :oops:

well still similar feeling but a little better :P
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

I have such mixed feelings for this one.
I love the Dead Weather but that covert art is a bit disappointing.
It's a brand new album but having already heard 4 tracks reduces the excitement.
I don't have the original cards so it's great to be able to have them so easily but the exchange rate these days is just crazy!

I'm kind of hoping there'll be another announcement saying this record will be loaded with some crazy gimmicks.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

koala wrote:I'm kind of hoping there'll be another announcement saying this record will be loaded with some crazy gimmicks.
I hope the opposite of this. The "gimmicks" made Lazzaretto an unlistenable LP to me.