Vault #14

jgibbdah
Little Cream Soda

Re: vault #14

Post by jgibbdah »

Someone help me out with a link here. At work and can't find the announcement yet.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

jgibbdah wrote:Someone help me out with a link here. At work and can't find the announcement yet.
http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news ... 7/vault-14
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

love_islander wrote:What is it, what is it, what is it?
For those not able to log into the vault for w/e reason.....
VAULT 14
OCTOBER 05 2012

Vault Package Number #14

This has been an exciting year for us at Third Man with it being our 3 year anniversary and Blunderbuss being released and Jack White touring with two separate bands... So we'd like to celebrate all those good things with our next Vault package.

JACK WHITE LIVE AT THIRD MAN RECORDS DOUBLE LP

The LP for this quarter will be a double album recording of Jack's live show, and solo debut, at Third Man Records from our 3 Year Anniversary Party on March 8th of this year. LP one takes in the set with the band of all lovely ladies, The Peacocks, backing him up and LP two is the second set featuring The Buzzards. This is a fantastic and historical live document of Jack White and two fiery backing bands riding off the celebratory high spirits of the evening. The set took in classics from throughout Jack's career and showcased plenty of songs from Blunderbuss, which were heard for the first time that night for many. The LPs come housed in amazing packaging which will be a first for us... a Lenticular gatefold cover! For those of you who may not be well versed in multiple dimensions, the Lenticular cover will show two separate images, in one. What you see depends on how you hold the record or which angle you look at it. We'll spare you the Lacanian interpretation of the multiple imaged Jack and how these images represent the Id and Ego and the recorded product of course, the Super-Ego. Or using the Mirror Stage we can then look at The Real, The Symbolic and the... oh never mind. It looks incredible and you're going to absolutely want to display this cover prominently in your record room or mantle. The LPs, of course, will be pressed on split color Black & Blue vinyl.

JACK WHITE FREEDOM AT 21, LOVE INTERRUPTION, HYPOCRITICAL KISS DEMO 7"

The 7" for this package is very special indeed. Three Jack White bursts of inspiration captured in the moment only to be fleshed out in the studio later with a full backing band. These recordings were done on Jack's trusty field recorder, and give an intimate glimpse into his recording and songwriting process. The 7" of demos of Freedom At 21 B/W Love Interruption and Hypocritical Kiss will be pressed on signature Jack White BLUNDERBLUE vinyl.

BABY RUTHLESS SHARK INFESTED SODA FOUNTAIN

And onto the third item in this package, which is another first. After the last Dead Weather tour in 2010 (that is to say, the last they've done, not the last EVER tour...) Alison Mosshart self published a book titled Shark Infested Soda Fountain of her photos compiled from their adventures on the road as a gift to the other members of the band. Beyond every page being packed with beautiful ethereal photographs, when viewed as a complete work the book is a touching and one of a kind document to the unique love and camaraderie of the Dead Weather and the cast of characters that surrounded them in their international travels. Alison has been kind enough to allow us to reprint this book in it's entirety and share it with the members of The Vault and we are of course in turn, very excited for you to see it.

***PLEASE NOTE... THIS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY ON OUR REGULAR SITE. WHEN IT IS UP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHECK OUT A GIF OF THE LENTICULAR COVER, A SOUND CLIP OF FREEDOM AT 21 DEMO, AND SOME PHOTOS FROM THE BOOK. THANKS!***
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
jgibbdah
Little Cream Soda

Post by jgibbdah »

Eff me, I'll take 2! Think this is along the lines of what we all wanted, no?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

VAULT 14
OCTOBER 05 2012

Vault Package Number #14

This has been an exciting year for us at Third Man with it being our 3 year anniversary and Blunderbuss being released and Jack White touring with two separate bands... So we'd like to celebrate all those good things with our next Vault package.

JACK WHITE LIVE AT THIRD MAN RECORDS DOUBLE LP

The LP for this quarter will be a double album recording of Jack's live show, and solo debut, at Third Man Records from our 3 Year Anniversary Party on March 8th of this year. LP one takes in the set with the band of all lovely ladies, The Peacocks, backing him up and LP two is the second set featuring The Buzzards. This is a fantastic and historical live document of Jack White and two fiery backing bands riding off the celebratory high spirits of the evening. The set took in classics from throughout Jack's career and showcased plenty of songs from Blunderbuss, which were heard for the first time that night for many. The LPs come housed in amazing packaging which will be a first for us... a Lenticular gatefold cover! For those of you who may not be well versed in multiple dimensions, the Lenticular cover will show two separate images, in one. What you see depends on how you hold the record or which angle you look at it. We'll spare you the Lacanian interpretation of the multiple imaged Jack and how these images represent the Id and Ego and the recorded product of course, the Super-Ego. Or using the Mirror Stage we can then look at The Real, The Symbolic and the... oh never mind. It looks incredible and you're going to absolutely want to display this cover prominently in your record room or mantle. The LPs, of course, will be pressed on split color Black & Blue vinyl.

JACK WHITE FREEDOM AT 21, LOVE INTERRUPTION, HYPOCRITICAL KISS DEMO 7"

The 7" for this package is very special indeed. Three Jack White bursts of inspiration captured in the moment only to be fleshed out in the studio later with a full backing band. These recordings were done on Jack's trusty field recorder, and give an intimate glimpse into his recording and songwriting process. The 7" of demos of Freedom At 21 B/W Love Interruption and Hypocritical Kiss will be pressed on signature Jack White BLUNDERBLUE vinyl.

BABY RUTHLESS SHARK INFESTED SODA FOUNTAIN

And onto the third item in this package, which is another first. After the last Dead Weather tour in 2010 (that is to say, the last they've done, not the last EVER tour...) Alison Mosshart self published a book titled Shark Infested Soda Fountain of her photos compiled from their adventures on the road as a gift to the other members of the band. Beyond every page being packed with beautiful ethereal photographs, when viewed as a complete work the book is a touching and one of a kind document to the unique love and camaraderie of the Dead Weather and the cast of characters that surrounded them in their international travels. Alison has been kind enough to allow us to reprint this book in it's entirety and share it with the members of The Vault and we are of course in turn, very excited for you to see it.

***PLEASE NOTE... THIS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY ON OUR REGULAR SITE. WHEN IT IS UP YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHECK OUT A GIF OF THE LENTICULAR COVER, A SOUND CLIP OF FREEDOM AT 21 DEMO, AND SOME PHOTOS FROM THE BOOK. THANKS!***

updated with photo
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Wow, fucking sweet. Thanks CCB (work restrictions here)
js402
Little Bird

Post by js402 »

Stumbled upon this forum through someone over at The Little Room... This is an amazing package! Can't wait to get it! Of course.. I can't wait to get #13, either... ;)
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Holy fuck... Looks like I'm keeping my multiples for this vault too... wow... that's an awesome package... (yeah, that's what she said)
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
nrssab
Little Acorn

Post by nrssab »

jgibbdah wrote:Eff me, I'll take 2! Think this is along the lines of what we all wanted, no?
Oh yess they really read minds at TMR.

Can't wait for this Vault, it's even better than what I desired. The Cover of the Double LP must be killer, can't wait for the sample GIF.
"If you can hear a piano fall, you can hear me coming down the hall".
UntilTheyFall
Little Bird

Post by UntilTheyFall »

For some reason I kept thinking it would be a jack white live show... perfect!
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Now that the shock and awe have worn off a bit, I'm super excited for the live double LP, and the really cool photo book, but that 7"... To me, that's what the vault is all about... very, very cool... Bravo TMR, bravo...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

FINALLY! Been waiting for this since that fateful day. Hands down the best show and I've seen The Wall performed twice!

This is already my favorite package. If I could've been at the Dream Child show that would probably be the only way to top it.

Be at my doorstep already!
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

This is perfect. Very happy about this. Way to go TMR!
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

looks amazing, second subscription will be in effect for a second vault in a row :lol:
teakay
Little Acorn

Post by teakay »

So, I've never signed up for consecutive Vault Packages. If I don't do anything my subscription renews, correct?