Vault #33

love_islander
Little People

Re: Vault #33

Post by love_islander »

This vault has got me so excited, I need to use excessive emojis :D :) :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
JonnyH wrote:I'm not complaining, I've already bought this album 5 ways, so what's a sixth? I just find it funny that people who have been subscribers since day 1 are getting a second special edition of Icky Thump. But hey, this one is stereo. :D

It really is one beautiful and overflowing package.
I'd think the Demos LP and the B-sides LP make up for those frustrated with another Icky variation. We're getting way more than usually promised with this one. Hell, that book alone is cool. Never before seen photos. I dig the whole thing.
I agree completely. I imagine this will become the copy of IT I spin the most often.
alanl
Little Cream Soda

Post by alanl »

me like!!! gave last few a pass, BUT NOT THIS 1, GREAT!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Natural - The Whole Universe is Completely Insane!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

lp1.jpg
lp2.jpg
lp3.jpg
extra1.jpg
extra2.jpg
extra3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

First it was OK Computer 20th anniversary edition box set that includes (among other cool items) a C90 tape with demos and outtakes.
Now it is a mind-blowing awesome Icky Thump 10th year anniversary box that includes a 12" of demos.
:crazy: :o :crazy: :o :crazy: :o
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JonnyH wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
JonnyH wrote:I'm not complaining, I've already bought this album 5 ways, so what's a sixth? I just find it funny that people who have been subscribers since day 1 are getting a second special edition of Icky Thump. But hey, this one is stereo. :D

I'd think the Demos LP and the B-sides LP make up for those frustrated with another Icky variation. We're getting way more than usually promised with this one. Hell, that book alone is cool. Never before seen photos. I dig the whole thing.
I agree completely. I imagine this will become the copy of IT I spin the most often.
I think the timing of the announcement has a lot to do with my minimal enthusiasm-- I read about too many horrible, upsetting things in the news this morning and am finding it really hard to swing on a dime to the opposite extreme now. On a normal day I would have been jump-up-and-down-in-my-chair excited for just the Red Demos lp and the photo book. But their gratuitous comment about "boring black vinyl" exacerbated my already aggravated mood and, honestly, my very first response to the announcement was "You want me to be excited about colored vinyl? Put Icky MONO on colored vinyl and give it to those of us who missed Vault #1 and THEN I'll be excited".

I do like very much that they're remastering the original tapes of Icky and pressing it at TMP, especially considering Icky is one of the albums Jack has had to defend against accusations of clipping. If it sounds significantly different, I may end up like JonnyH, playing this instead of my original copy, just as I now do with the earlier Stripes albums reissued for the plant opening.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

A+
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Stl_ben wrote:So no complaints yet?
Never mind...evidently people can find something to complain about no matter what.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Really cool VP! I recently purchased Icky Thump less than a year ago so not sure if I'll shell out my hard earned funds for this one. If it was MONO then 100% I would. Or, if i can sell my current record then I'll make the purchase too. I care less and less about the trinkets but the demos and B-sides seem like an amazing thing to have.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I seem to be reading a lot of comments elsewhere from people under the impression this IS the mono pressing, not sure why.

Seems to me to have a high-quality TMP-pressed version of the album is almost worth the price in itself, but I'd have loved this package even if it was just the b-sides album, demos, and print. And photos. And pin. Seriously, this is such a bargain that even if people don't like ALL of it, I don't see there's any reason to complain, the parts they do like are still worth the money.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Might just have to sign up for 2 this quarter.....
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

As I mentioned on the Vault, I'd like to get a time frame for pressing as it would be fun to go watch this vault being made.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
SympathyForTheVinyl
Little Bird

Post by SympathyForTheVinyl »

Lordy Lord... This is the vault I've been waiting for a long time now...
And that will be the one to bring me back in the game of VPs !
SympathyForTheVinyl
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

Kali Durga wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:

I think the timing of the announcement has a lot to do with my minimal enthusiasm-- I read about too many horrible, upsetting things in the news this morning and am finding it really hard to swing on a dime to the opposite extreme now. On a normal day I would have been jump-up-and-down-in-my-chair excited for just the Red Demos lp and the photo book. But their gratuitous comment about "boring black vinyl" exacerbated my already aggravated mood and, honestly, my very first response to the announcement was "You want me to be excited about colored vinyl? Put Icky MONO on colored vinyl and give it to those of us who missed Vault #1 and THEN I'll be excited".

I do like very much that they're remastering the original tapes of Icky and pressing it at TMP, especially considering Icky is one of the albums Jack has had to defend against accusations of clipping. If it sounds significantly different, I may end up like JonnyH, playing this instead of my original copy, just as I now do with the earlier Stripes albums reissued for the plant opening.
Don't be such a Debbie Downer. This package is pretty bonerific
he is everything i hate...
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Stl_ben wrote:So no complaints yet?
the icky repress is weak but they sort of knew that and threw in TWO Lp's that are pretty rad. I can't remember the last vault I signed up for. stoked!

EDIT first one in a year + one sub.
houses are full of things that gather dust