Vault #24

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Vault #24

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:I haven't missed a package yet. I'll probably get it, but it's definitely a disappointing one. That being said, we've had four vaults in a row that have been awesome. I knew they couldn't keep the momentum up forever.

The worst part about this one is that it's not really unreleased. It looks like they added a song.

The regular black LP is mysteriously out of stock right now.
It has been out of stock for a few months at least.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

arewhyehen wrote:Here is my next question. I've never cancelled my vault before but since I need to save money for my move and many other things, this is a good way to save...if I cancel my subscription now but it's not due again until the 16th, do I still have access until the 16th or does my vault access stop the second I cancel? It shouldn't be that way but seem to remember people saying it does..

It does. I canceled briefly because my payment came out over 2 months before they announced the next package. I tried to stop it to have it closer to announcement date, but had no access to vault. I joined again shortly after to make sure I didn't miss anything. I paid for this current package on Feb. 13th.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Here is my next question. I've never cancelled my vault before but since I need to save money for my move and many other things, this is a good way to save...if I cancel my subscription now but it's not due again until the 16th, do I still have access until the 16th or does my vault access stop the second I cancel? It shouldn't be that way but seem to remember people saying it does..
you'll have access until the "renew" date i believe.

Thanks! Anyone else confirm this?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

littleacorn wrote:Dang here I am stoked as hell to get a great package. I guess different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of folks aren't digging in the "country" turn Jack has made since relocating in TN. To me though it's always been there from the start.
That's not the problem for me. Do you already have Van Lear Rose on vinyl? A lot of us do. Getting the same record with a bonus track is pretty disappointing.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
littleacorn wrote:Dang here I am stoked as hell to get a great package. I guess different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of folks aren't digging in the "country" turn Jack has made since relocating in TN. To me though it's always been there from the start.
That's not the problem for me. Do you already have Van Lear Rose on vinyl? A lot of us do. Getting the same record with a bonus track is pretty disappointing.
+1

If it was in the same box set format as the last two I might have thought twice before cancelling but that's just because I'm a sucker for box sets..
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

dreamover wrote:I haven't missed a package yet. I'll probably get it, but it's definitely a disappointing one. That being said, we've had four vaults in a row that have been awesome. I knew they couldn't keep the momentum up forever.

The worst part about this one is that it's not really unreleased. It looks like they added a song.

The regular black LP is mysteriously out of stock right now.
Agree 150%. I can't believe they threw in the "mastered from the original analog tapes" line. Unless it's remastered, there's literally no difference between this and the first LP (aside from the additional track, of course). And, unless I'm missing something, this isn't even pressed on heavyweight vinyl...original/current pressing is 180 gram. I didn't expect them to keep up the momentum from the last few releases, but this one really is kind of half-assed.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Normally I'd be right there with you all complaining about getting the same music I already have, but this package is drop-dead gorgeous. Photos that appear to be from the recording, beautiful packaging, and that dvd! Good lord, I can't wait for that dvd! I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for this one to arrive.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Well that's one way to relieve the pressure on URP's pressing capacity.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

no go for me. canceled my sub the first time in more than 2 years.
Saves me $120..
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

I feel like I found 60 bucks in my pocket!
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Well I'm pretty excited about this. The DVD sounds intriguing and I'll never pass up studio Stripes recordings I don't have.

Full disclosure, I don't own the Blue VLR. But even if I did I would be excited about an extra track.
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Guess i'm one of the few that doesn't already own this album (on vinyl anyway). I'm excited.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

and here i was hoping this vault would just be a three month TIDAL trial subscription. 7" saves this for me kinda..
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Does this make my blue VLR more or less valuable?