Vault #1

Post Reply
User avatar
benyo
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 am

Vault #1

Post by benyo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm

I couldn't really find a topic to the first vault so please correct me, if I'm wrong.
I recently got myself an IckyMono record and wanted to know, if anybody can remember how they were shipped?
Did they use the TMR-Mailorderboxes from the beginning?
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White

User avatar
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 7264
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Location: st louis missouri
Contact:

Re: Vault #1

Post by Stl_ben » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:49 pm

They were hand delivered by jack.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net

User avatar
gst510
Little Acorn
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Vault #1

Post by gst510 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 pm

benyo wrote:I couldn't really find a topic to the first vault so please correct me, if I'm wrong.
I recently got myself an IckyMono record and wanted to know, if anybody can remember how they were shipped?
Did they use the TMR-Mailorderboxes from the beginning?
Poorly in regular cardboard mailers. I believe a large percentage came damaged.

User avatar
JonnyH
Little Ghost
Posts: 1886
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Vault #1

Post by JonnyH » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

gst510 wrote:
benyo wrote:I couldn't really find a topic to the first vault so please correct me, if I'm wrong.
I recently got myself an IckyMono record and wanted to know, if anybody can remember how they were shipped?
Did they use the TMR-Mailorderboxes from the beginning?
Poorly in regular cardboard mailers. I believe a large percentage came damaged.
Mine has a dinged corner.

User avatar
gst510
Little Acorn
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Vault #1

Post by gst510 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

JonnyH wrote:
gst510 wrote:
benyo wrote:I couldn't really find a topic to the first vault so please correct me, if I'm wrong.
I recently got myself an IckyMono record and wanted to know, if anybody can remember how they were shipped?
Did they use the TMR-Mailorderboxes from the beginning?
Poorly in regular cardboard mailers. I believe a large percentage came damaged.
Mine has a dinged corner.
Same here.

User avatar
benyo
Little Cream Soda
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 am

Re: Vault #1

Post by benyo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:02 pm

gst510 wrote:
JonnyH wrote:
gst510 wrote:
benyo wrote:I couldn't really find a topic to the first vault so please correct me, if I'm wrong.
I recently got myself an IckyMono record and wanted to know, if anybody can remember how they were shipped?
Did they use the TMR-Mailorderboxes from the beginning?
Poorly in regular cardboard mailers. I believe a large percentage came damaged.
Mine has a dinged corner.
Same here.
Well I got mine on Ebay and it was flawless, but the person sent it in the "original TMR mailers" so on the way it got damaged. :silent:
I can't understand how you can do that to a record. It didn't even have bubblewrap in the box.
So yea now I'm in posession of an unopened ITM with a dinged corner :thumbup:

That was why I was asking
" I wish someone would ask me “how do you get that sound?” they never do. The answer is “I fucking mean it.” " - Jack White

User avatar
runofthemill
Little Ghost
Posts: 3102
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Vault #1

Post by runofthemill » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Mine arrived just fine from TMR. Perfect corners and all.

Image

User avatar
Datch
Little Acorn
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: Vault #1

Post by Datch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Bwah at least they could have put it in another mailer/box...
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”

User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Vault #1

Post by dylnfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:14 am

runofthemill wrote:Mine arrived just fine from TMR. Perfect corners and all.

Image
Ditto. Apparently the closer you are to Nashville... :thumbup:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo

vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Location: LA

Re: Vault #1

Post by vandelpinkfloyd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 am

Tried to research this but couldn't find a specific answer. Was the 7" included inside ITM or was it separate with this mailing? Otherwise inside the Live in Mississippi and UGWNL Box set

User avatar
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant
Posts: 8718
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: Vault #1

Post by rsimms3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 am

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Tried to research this but couldn't find a specific answer. Was the 7" included inside ITM or was it separate with this mailing? Otherwise inside the Live in Mississippi and UGWNL Box set
Outside, remember that Icky Thump is sealed with a sticker and is not sealed in cellophane.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom

vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Location: LA

Re: Vault #1

Post by vandelpinkfloyd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 am

rsimms3 wrote:
vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Tried to research this but couldn't find a specific answer. Was the 7" included inside ITM or was it separate with this mailing? Otherwise inside the Live in Mississippi and UGWNL Box set
Outside, remember that Icky Thump is sealed with a sticker and is not sealed in cellophane.
Ahh good point, and thank you!

User avatar
chris865
Little Ghost
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Vault #1

Post by chris865 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

T-shirt, 7" and LP all separate inside a regular mailer.

The bigger the size of t-shirt you ordered the more likely it was to help protect the other items :lol:

Post Reply