Vault #35

Re: Vault #35

Postby Melon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm

chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.

Think again.

hmm i suppose it'll be on Spotify right? haha

Sometimes seemingly strange artwork choices grow once I've heard the album.
houses are full of things that gather dust
User avatar
Melon
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Vault #35

Postby chaptertwentyone » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Melon wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.

Think again.

hmm i suppose it'll be on Spotify right? haha

Sometimes seemingly strange artwork choices grow once I've heard the album.


I’m sure it’ll grow... like a weed.
Image
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Vault #35

Postby ehartsock1991 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:15 am

Pretty much what I expected. Will be getting it, but hey, they can't all be home runs.
ehartsock1991
Little Bird
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: Vault #35

Postby Coma16 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 am

Would have picked this up if it came with an accompanying LP. Can't justify it because it has a better cover.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:01 am

Re: Vault #35

Postby makers888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am

Hahaha! Garbage.
User avatar
makers888
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 am

Re: Vault #35

Postby Chiefbrody » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 am

Coma16 wrote:Would have picked this up if it came with an accompanying LP. Can't justify it because it has a better cover.


Now there's a good idea. A 'demos' LP would have made this far more attractive.
Chiefbrody
Little Bird
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Vault #35

Postby Mick III » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Totally agree, the 7" isn't enough but I think there is some vault packages which are worth more than others. This one maybe worth 50$ but the next one will in reality worth 70$ even if you pay 60$ every time. To me there is a global budget and they adjust during the year.

An other thing, do you notice on the 7", the title is infected by love and not connected by love.
User avatar
Mick III
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: 48°23′59″N / 4°28′59″W

Re: Vault #35

Postby a meg me da medo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Yeah Pass!

as much as i'm happy that jack tours again and that there is a chance to see him on stage again,
this dissapoints me,
actually i don't even know if i buy the regular version.
the new single is really not my cup of tea.

... but i'll listen it again in a few days.

ammdm :mrgreen:
myISO: i wish i have... click here
User avatar
a meg me da medo
Little Cream Soda
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 pm
Location: berlin in germany

Re: Vault #35

Postby Mick III » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:43 pm

I had the same point of view, 4 years for those songs... Meh. But I listen "connected by love" every days and I start to like it because we can feel the emotion in the Jack White's voice, the sound is new but pretty cool and powerful at moments. This is a new Jack White, he wanted to try something and I can't blame him. I think I didn't want a classic album who everybody say "yes it is Jack White's sound". This time there is a kind of break, it shocks me but finally it is what I wanted, so...
I am in for this VP35.
User avatar
Mick III
Little Acorn
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: 48°23′59″N / 4°28′59″W

Re: Vault #35

Postby dylnfan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 pm

chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.

Think again.

hmm i suppose it'll be on Spotify right? haha

Sometimes seemingly strange artwork choices grow once I've heard the album.


I’m sure it’ll grow... like a weed.
Image


Quite possibly the worst LP art ever...WTF, did some high school kid just learning photoshop put that together? (Let the flaming commence.)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
User avatar
dylnfan
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 3004
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:28 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Vault #35

Postby trickster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm

dylnfan wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:
Melon wrote:Plus I'm thinking the regular cover art may be cooler than the vault cover.

Think again.

hmm i suppose it'll be on Spotify right? haha

Sometimes seemingly strange artwork choices grow once I've heard the album.


I’m sure it’ll grow... like a weed.
Image


Quite possibly the worst LP art ever...WTF, did some high school kid just learning photoshop put that together? (Let the flaming commence.)

I was thinking the same
Why would they use such a bad composition for the cover artwork?
User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece

Re: Vault #35

Postby trickster » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm

I did a careful reading of the description and I think the packaging for the LP is pretty cool
I own a couple of foil paper prints and they look great, so I expect this to worth the money and the lack of a real 3rd item on this pack
While Jack's face might look weird i think they are only trying to mock up the foil effect.
Definitely better than the regular edition cover art imo

Capture.PNG

- limited edition, colored vinyl version that will be the only vinyl variation of the LP to be made available.
- pressed at Third Man Pressing in the Cass Corridor of Detroit
- 180-gram
- blue and black swirl vinyl edition
- exclusive Vault-only cover art printed on holographic foil paper in the classic Stoughton tip-on style.
- the LP is further accompanied by a unique-to-this-package 12" x 24" insert featuring the complete album lyrics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
trickster
Greek Mod
 
Posts: 5490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am
Location: Greece

Re: Vault #35

Postby chaptertwentyone » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 pm

I mean, all irrational critiques and snark aside, I am very much looking forward to this album and package. It’s something different at least.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
MEMBER THAT?”
User avatar
chaptertwentyone
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Vault #35

Postby hunkswithguns » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 pm

i bet the deluxe cover will look cooler in person but i still think the standard cover is better. would have been nice to have a deluxe slipcover or found a way to incorporate both. i'll most likely pay the extra $10 or so to get the standard lp along with the upcoming tickets (because who has use for a cd??)
hunkswithguns
Little Bird
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am
Location: SC

Re: Vault #35

Postby elduderino » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 pm

hunkswithguns wrote:i bet the deluxe cover will look cooler in person but i still think the standard cover is better. would have been nice to have a deluxe slipcover or found a way to incorporate both. i'll most likely pay the extra $10 or so to get the standard lp along with the upcoming tickets (because who has use for a cd??)


i'll take your CD.
he is everything i hate...
elduderino
Little Ghost
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Vault

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests