Vault #24

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #24

Post by rsimms3 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Here's something we haven't discussed... It's recently come to light that early Third Man vinyl releases were digitally sourced. And in the Vault announcement it says this release was mastered from the original analog tapes. Are we to assume the first VLR was digitally sourced? Or no? If this is the first time it's been mastered straight from analog tape to vinyl, that'd be something.
Where/when did it come to light?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Here's something we haven't discussed... It's recently come to light that early Third Man vinyl releases were digitally sourced. And in the Vault announcement it says this release was mastered from the original analog tapes. Are we to assume the first VLR was digitally sourced? Or no? If this is the first time it's been mastered straight from analog tape to vinyl, that'd be something.
Thought the same thing at first...original is analog as well.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

rsimms3 wrote:
One of the Facebook groups. They said the early releases were digitally sourced and Jack didn't like that process.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

http://thirdmanstore.com/reissues/loret ... e-12-vinyl

"Mastered directly from the original analog masters, pressed on heavyweight 180-gram vinyl and coupled with a vibrant Stoughton tip-on sleeve, the "Van Lear Rose" LP is one that no collection is complete without."
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

dylnfan wrote:http://thirdmanstore.com/reissues/loret ... e-12-vinyl

"Mastered directly from the original analog masters, pressed on heavyweight 180-gram vinyl and coupled with a vibrant Stoughton tip-on sleeve, the "Van Lear Rose" LP is one that no collection is complete without."
Right on, right on.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Relieved that I can sit this one out. The exchange is horrible right now.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

trickster wrote:If you live in the USA and want the following items from this pack PM me.

- WS 7"
- DVD
What about if we live in Canada? Or even have an address in Greece?
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

trickster wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Here is my next question. I've never cancelled my vault before but since I need to save money for my move and many other things, this is a good way to save...if I cancel my subscription now but it's not due again until the 16th, do I still have access until the 16th or does my vault access stop the second I cancel? It shouldn't be that way but seem to remember people saying it does..
you'll have access until the "renew" date i believe.

Thanks! Anyone else confirm this?
I cancelled my 3rd account about 10 days ago.
The moment I did I tried to relogin and got the message that the content is only available to platinum members.
I cancelled 17 days before my account membership expired.
Vault access stops the second you cancel.
You might also want to wait till TMR makes the RSD announcement if you're going to be at TMR for RSD. Maybe they might give some kind of exclusive access to Platinum members like they did last year.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
One of the Facebook groups. They said the early releases were digitally sourced and Jack didn't like that process.
I always assumed that the Live LP's were digitally sourced. Except the Live from TMR ones.
Anybody has more info on this?
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

koala wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
I always assumed that the Live LP's were digitally sourced. Except the Live from TMR ones.
Anybody has more info on this?
i'm sure they're sourced from the best source available. if no analog source exists, then one would infer that it is digitally sourced.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

I already own TMR's reissue of this (on black)...so, I'm going to have to talk myself into buying it again, especially as this isn't remastered or 180g. That DVD looks pretty good though...
Patient B1003
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Post by Nicode70 »

It seems like a nice package, but Loretta is really not what i am after right now.

I'll pass on this one. especially with RSD just around the corner and the awful €/$ exchange rate.
Thinkfirst
Little Bird

Post by Thinkfirst »

I'm passing on this one too.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Despite my general lack of disappointment for this package, I've never missed a Vault so I'll be getting it.

And my disappointment is due to the fact the past four packages were absolutely fresh and outstanding. Compared to those four, #24 just feels anticlimactic. But hey—I know it's going to look great, sound great (I hope, URP!), and while I usually only watch Vault DVDs once, this DVD sounds like it could be really nice.

And of course that 7".
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
destijl
Little Acorn

Post by destijl »

Disappointed to say the least. Music I already have but packaged in a different way. Bit concerned about the "LP colours are a visual approximation" bit. Similar to the Elephant singles set, it'll look shit in reality. Having said that, never missed a Vault package so won't cancel.
•<Jack White> we also want to come up with vault packages you don't like, a streaming service to make rich people richer, a t shirt
too big for you, and a bunch of shit you don't want but we're hold ing a gun to your head to purchase.