Vault #22 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #22 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by cobytate »

i'm still holding out for a get behind me satan package…
Vertreo
Little Bird

Post by Vertreo »

So it looks like a new dead weather 7" is a large possibility, not that it was ever doubted. Read the comments and it seems a new 7" was being pressed for the vault by United today. I would assume since 21 is being shipped this isn't for vault 21?

http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/ ... de_into_a/
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Vertreo wrote:So it looks like a new dead weather 7" is a large possibility, not that it was ever doubted. Read the comments and it seems a new 7" was being pressed for the vault by United today. I would assume since 21 is being shipped this isn't for vault 21?

No, URP is most likely still pressing the Vault 21 7". They only press the packages after the sign up period has ended.
cobytate
Little Cream Soda

Post by cobytate »

Jettkoral wrote:They only press the packages after the sign up period has ended.
True…but shipping for Vault#21 has already begun, so I would imagine the pressing of 7" for this package has ended.
Vertreo
Little Bird

Post by Vertreo »

Jettkoral wrote:
Vertreo wrote:So it looks like a new dead weather 7" is a large possibility, not that it was ever doubted. Read the comments and it seems a new 7" was being pressed for the vault by United today. I would assume since 21 is being shipped this isn't for vault 21?

No, URP is most likely still pressing the Vault 21 7". They only press the packages after the sign up period has ended.
Oh I had no idea. I figured that TMR waits for all of the vinyl to be pressed and all of the parts of the package to be together before they ship.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Vertreo wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:

Oh I had no idea. I figured that TMR waits for all of the vinyl to be pressed and all of the parts of the package to be together before they ship.
Nah, they ship as they get the stuff in from URP. Gets it out a bit quicker that way..
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

So, what do we reckon, monday?
Patient B1003
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Hope so, already been charged. :D
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

my prediction:
1- Jack White - World's Fastest Record performance set @ RSD 12"
2- Whirlwind Heat Live at TMR on RSD 12"
3- DVD of both performances + a documentary on World's Fastest Record
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

PugFaceRex wrote:my prediction:
I know this might sound jerky, but . . . I think while this is an awesome guess, I'm betting the only way a person will be able to get the two songs from TWFR will be to actually own the 7". (Other than, y'know, a burned digital file.)

So, great guess, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm betting #1 won't be a Vault.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

woodisgood wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:my prediction:
I know this might sound jerky, but . . . I think while this is an awesome guess, I'm betting the only way a person will be able to get the two songs from TWFR will be to actually own the 7". (Other than, y'know, a burned digital file.)

So, great guess, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm betting #1 won't be a Vault.
That's what I was thinking too to be honest but it would be a nice themed package.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I was under the impression that he played the first two songs for the 7" and then went on to play a few more....those could certainly be issued as part of the package. I wonder about Farm Aid being a DVD for a future package. There's been no official songs released at all for Jack on YouTube last I looked and he was one of the main performers.

I'd like to have "Tennessee Border" from the Icky Thump iTunes pre-sale released on a 7". Make it the A-Side and use "My Doorbell" from the Jools Holland comp CD as the B-Side.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:I was under the impression that he played the first two songs for the 7" and then went on to play a few more....those could certainly be issued as part of the package. I wonder about Farm Aid being a DVD for a future package. There's been no official songs released at all for Jack on YouTube last I looked and he was one of the main performers.

I'd like to have "Tennessee Border" from the Icky Thump iTunes pre-sale released on a 7". Make it the A-Side and use "My Doorbell" from the Jools Holland comp CD as the B-Side.
Jack came out and played High Ball Stepper for his first song on RSD. His second and third songs were the ones for the WFR.

I have also been keeping an eye on the Farm Aid YouTube and haven't seen anything from him and even on many torrent sites with all the other performances, there is nothing from Jack...kinda sucks..

I would lvoe to have some sort of DVD from Farm Aid. I don't normally watch the DVD's in vault packages, but this one I would enjoy being that I was there. Same goes for the RSD 2014 items mentioned above...I am very open to having anything related to that day..haha
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

VAULT #22 INFOS ARE UP!
JESUS
F*******
CHRIST!!!!!!!
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Spoiler/note: It makes me sad the thing about the 7"
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.